Gabriella Lindley #18 This little piggy cried until Jane drove all the way to Hove

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand why she blocked everyone when there’s nothing to see. Surely she could have kept these people under pending requests, what harm would that have done? She might regret blocking the only people who wanted to follow her. I’ve never known someone who enjoys being the victim as much as she does.

Reactions: 42
I’m surprised she’s resisted complaining about the warm weather and posting a picture of her thermostat today.
I get the feeling what started off as a planned break on Friday has now turned into a sulking session, she’s giving us the silent treatment to teach us a lesson!
... The nice reasonable side of me thinks maybe they got Nellie‘s results today and she’s dealing with that. I don’t wish them any ill will regarding that, and if she’s dealing with bad news privately for once, fair play. ( I know she’ll eventually milk it for sympathy )

Reactions: 25
I just had a nosey at 20 of her insta followers as they come up. I would say 15 out of the 20 were bot accounts and 1 suspect. Shes not really getting new followers unless they’re paid for, dud accounts... and haemorrhaging/blocking her old fans.

Marvellous customer service there Gabulous

ETA: I mean, shes only getting 20k more views than Lucy Wood on UChewb and has 4.5 times (about 660k more) subscribers 🧐

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
It’s deceptive as duck, for some reason this winds me up more than anything else. I mean, she must get brand deals based on number of followers. It’s really immoral and not cool at all.

Reactions: 24
It’s deceptive as duck, for some reason this winds me up more than anything else. I mean, she must get brand deals based on number of followers. It’s really immoral and not cool at all.
It makes you wonder how many people actually interact with her on her brand deals.
For example; Lucy's Readily one was really well done. Her audience is perfect for it and I straight away signed up knowing we're staycationing soon, the whole family can use the account, and all our favourite usual purchased magazines are there. I doubt many of Grubby's minion's are falling over themselves to buy unknown skincare products that she clearly never uses. Bots certainly aren't either.
At this point it really looks like she takes whatever ad she can get.

Reactions: 19
It makes you wonder how many people actually interact with her on her brand deals.
For example; Lucy's Readily one was really well done. Her audience is perfect for it and I straight away signed up knowing we're staycationing soon, the whole family can use the account, and all our favourite usual purchased magazines are there. I doubt many of Grubby's minion's are falling over themselves to buy unknown skincare products that she clearly never uses. Bots certainly aren't either.
At this point it really looks like she takes whatever ad she can get.
Not sure if anyone can this answer this but I've always been interested to know - when brands ask influencers to do an ad for them, are they paid simply for doing the ad itself or would they get commission from people who buy stuff on the back of their ad? So when Gabby does weird ads for stuff she's never used and will obviously never use again, does that have any financial backlash for her? Will she just be paid regardless but could've potentially earnt more had she had better engagement?
It doesn't really matter, I've just always wondered what the incentive is for influencers doing loads of ads for stuff they obviously wouldn't actually use. I know they get paid for the ad and the instagram post or whatever but is that where their obligation ends or is there the potential to make more money from it and Gabby just gets her hands on whatever ad money she can even if she knows the brand won't get any sales from her audience?

Reactions: 3
Not sure if anyone can this answer this but I've always been interested to know - when brands ask influencers to do an ad for them, are they paid simply for doing the ad itself or would they get commission from people who buy stuff on the back of their ad? So when Gabby does weird ads for stuff she's never used and will obviously never use again, does that have any financial backlash for her? Will she just be paid regardless but could've potentially earnt more had she had better engagement?
It doesn't really matter, I've just always wondered what the incentive is for influencers doing loads of ads for stuff they obviously wouldn't actually use. I know they get paid for the ad and the instagram post or whatever but is that where their obligation ends or is there the potential to make more money from it and Gabby just gets her hands on whatever ad money she can even if she knows the brand won't get any sales from her audience?

I know a smaller influencer with 26k followers whose engagement is really good, like 40%, so with that she's able to get herself more money on contracts because it's almost guaranteed a sizable amount of followers will go on to buy based on her recommendations.

A lot of times brands will be so pleased with her campaign they'll pay more money for another campaign or she'll use the engagement figures to bag herself another job with another brand.

I'm sure Gabby has the following to get through the door and talking to these brands for a decent contract but whether that translates into follow on deals is another story.

And those who do use her repeatedly, I'm sure her following count is enough for them to throw money her way because it just means visibility to them.

ETA quoted you without really answering. It's a "money grab" for anyone tbh. Obviously some are more honest and use brands they or their followers will appreciate. And because they're honest, like I said, they can use the success of the ad to get themselves more higher and better paid campaigns. So it does work in their favour that way.

I think Gabby just sees it as an easy £15k or whatever she might charge. If a brand never uses her again, she's probably not too bothered and will just try bag another.

Reactions: 9
I know a smaller influencer with 26k followers whose engagement is really good, like 40%, so with that she's able to get herself more money on contracts because it's almost guaranteed a sizable amount of followers will go on to buy based on her recommendations.

A lot of times brands will be so pleased with her campaign they'll pay more money for another campaign or she'll use the engagement figures to bag herself another job with another brand.

I'm sure Gabby has the following to get through the door and talking to these brands for a decent contract but whether that translates into follow on deals is another story.

And those who do use her repeatedly, I'm sure her following count is enough for them to throw money her way because it just means visibility to them.

ETA quoted you without really answering. It's a "money grab" for anyone tbh. Obviously some are more honest and use brands they or their followers will appreciate. And because they're honest, like I said, they can use the success of the ad to get themselves more higher and better paid campaigns. So it does work in their favour that way.

I think Gabby just sees it as an easy £15k or whatever she might charge. If a brand never uses her again, she's probably not too bothered and will just try bag another.
Thank you! Yeah I was just wondering really if she does these one off ads fully knowing they're not going to work with her again because nobody is going to buy some of this weird stuff, she doesn't seem to do any longer term brand collaborations anymore

Reactions: 2
On the hinch thread it has been said that if say there is an ebay link and you swipe up it remembers it for a certain time period (like 30 days) and even if you go through ebay via a different route then everything you buy on eBay within that time since swiping up is recorded and they get commission on it. It was mentioned a few times but I don't know for sure if it is true

And as for gabbys followers... She is losing a lot a day! I saw on social blade and her actual engagement rate is extremely low

• Wow
Reactions: 14
If she had an actual life she would have just given up on her YouTube. As it is her only portal of human interaction, she is still on it.
I’m sure she’s living off her grandparents inheritance too, so the peanuts that she makes on yt isn’t worth it to stay on for.
The mix of being heavily invested in online subcultures & romanticising Disney movies has totally contributed to her delusional behaviour.
I’m sure as hell that she’s going to pick up the phone when she sees people hanging out- not out of concern but cos she’s so driven by jealousy.

I wonder what Sophie (georges girlfriend) thinks of her. I doubt that they have even met in person as gabby is embarrassed of her weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
I have no idea how the law on this works, so someone please pipe up if you do

I know this is off topic but Lucy could be treading in murky water if she has seriously just whacked Beatles lyrics (from Here Comes The Sun) on a mug 😳
For once I bet Gabby is actually laughing.

I seriously hope Lucy has sought advice before making this item
Screenshot_20200915-155421_Instagram.jpg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I know this is off topic but Lucy could be treading in murky water if she has seriously just whacked Beatles lyrics (from Here Comes The Sun) on a mug 😳

View attachment 243250
Looks like Gabby might've done the same though - didn't we see what looked like a 'come as you are' print?

What is it with both of these two just copying other people's stuff? Music, Lucy with the Harry Potter stuff - can they really not come up with anything by themselves?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Looks like Gabby might've done the same though - didn't we see what looked like a 'come as you are' print?

What is it with both of these two just copying other people's stuff? Music, Lucy with the Harry Potter stuff - can they really not come up with anything by themselves?
I think Lucy's hoping just to make it her own style and hope nobody notices. If they do, claim "but i'm from Liverpool!"

It's just easy cash from loyal followers, sadly. I was excited by the prospect of other items as I had already purchased the grocery bag from Lucy. I'm a massive fan of The Beatles but will not be purchasing that.

I don't get why people expand to x amount of items when it's clear they should stop at far less. Better to make 5 outstanding items than 25 sub-par unoriginal ones + 2 really good ones.

Reactions: 8
I think Lucy's hoping just to make it her own style and hope nobody notices. If they do, claim "but i'm from Liverpool!"

It's just easy cash from loyal followers, sadly. I was excited by the prospect of other items as I had already purchased the grocery bag from Lucy. I'm a massive fan of The Beatles but will not be purchasing that.

I don't get why people expand to x amount of items when it's clear they should stop at far less. Better to make 5 outstanding items than 25 sub-par unoriginal ones + 2 really good ones.
I'm not buying anything from her, I think she's a hypocrite as I think I've said previously at length. No wonder she didn't say much about Gabby copying her when all she seems to do is copy other people's work and sell it on!

I agree with having fewer good items and also, I think collections work better. E.g. if people like space themed stuff and one space item sells well, those people would probably buy 4 other space themed things. All these mismatched random items makes no sense to me.

Reactions: 12
I have no idea how the law on this works, so someone please pipe up if you do

View attachment 243250
I like Lucy, but that is twice now shes ripped off others in a short amount if time. That is a blatant use of lyrics, its not even hidden.

Reactions: 13
I don’t get why anyone would want those ugly over priced prints up on their walls anyway. Whoever made them! They’re absolutely vile! I have no idea how much work goes into making them, but as others on here have demonstrated, it obviously doesn’t take that long to throw something together.
If I was going to spend that much on a print for my wall, I’d much rather buy a hand drawn (pencil/pen/paint etc) picture (print) from someone with actual talent. Not someone who sits making childish shapes on their iPad in startbucks while slurping sugary drinks and blocking the haters (hi gobs!)

Reactions: 28
Lyric copyright seems to be a grey area. I think those lyrics are too unoriginal to be considered a breach. Also it appears that just using 4/5 words is acceptable.

This also isn’t a new idea. Lots of prints sold have quotes or lyrics on them. I don’t think it’s really hot water to sell a couple of mugs with lyrics from a huge band on them.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Taking notes on everyone's thoughts RE small arty businesses for my own 👀

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.