Gabriella Lindley #18 This little piggy cried until Jane drove all the way to Hove

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree somewhat in that I don’t condone the parody account at all, however, she is an adult and also is a public figure of sorts and should be far better at controlling her reaction to this kind of stuff.

She needs to learn that her attitude and her blocking people not only loses her genuine fans (and possibly customers now) but also it fuels the criticism. It makes people who dislike her feel like it’s ok to make parody accounts. It’s all circular.

She could have reported the parody account and left it at that. By declaring herself off the internet for the weekend, then stalking this thread, blocking people and attempting to control a situation she has no control over, she comes across as childish and probably ill equipped for the challenges her new business will bring.

I really can’t feel that bad for her. Time to grow up and get rid of the victim mentality. It’s not as if she’s the only influencer who gets this kind of criticism or nastiness. I’m sorry that people are mean and take it off Tattle, I don’t think that’s cool, but neither is being 26 and throwing your toys out of the pram, thus potentially damaging your business before it’s even launched, because of it.

Reactions: 56
I've been thinking about this and I'm not sure I can really blame Gabby for blocking everyone that tries to follow her business account when it was leaked on here, where she clearly reads. Since then people have stolen her handle to make parody accounts, which would feel a lot like bullying. She's bound to be defensive right now. And no, it doesn't make business sense to block followers, but she's clearly paranoid and acting irrationally because of what's happened.

I feel like we should really have kept the parody art and snarking at her playing shops here - that goes especially to whoever took somebody else's art for their parody account.
I agree and think that things should stay on tattle (unless the person is doing illegal or dangerous things, looking at you Chris Ingham) but otherwise it's not fair to go to them directly to make fun. The whole point of having a gossip site is that we can all discuss, have some jokes and do it away from the person. It's there choice if they come here but they can avoid it if they choose. Gobbie is annoying, a hypocrite and a liar but she's hardly doing anything so bad she needs to be taken down, except shitting in a box, that was crappy ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
i feel like i must have missed the video or whatever it was that is always referenced here about her shitting in a box, can someone explain what this is about please? 😂

i feel like i must have missed the video or whatever it was that is always referenced here about her shitting in a box, can someone explain what this is about please? 😂
She once tweeted about pooing in a box in her bedroom, because she didn’t want her brother and his friend, who were staying with her, to hear her. She tweeted it as if it was a perfectly normal thing to do, and not weird at all. There are some screenshots of the tweets somewhere. Anyone?

• Sick
Reactions: 2
She said to one of them "you wouldnt know unless you read hate forums" and then deleted it

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
She once tweeted about pooing in a box in her bedroom, because she didn’t want her brother and his friend, who were staying with her, to hear her. She tweeted it as if it was a perfectly normal thing to do, and not weird at all. There are some screenshots of the tweets somewhere. Anyone?
when I get a minute I’m going to help with the wiki bc this legit gets asked every thread 😭😂

sorry they’re screenshots of my screenshots I was too lazy to save them properly lmao

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
She said to one of them "you wouldnt know unless you read hate forums" and then deleted it
Fair enough though. If anyone was stupid enough to follow the page after it was outed here I think it's justified that she blocks them and it's a fast way to weed out people who spend time on these forums.

I would do the exact same thing if I were her.

Reactions: 3
Can anyone tell me did the people who made these account/s try to contact her, follow her, make her see it - or is it the same as here and she would've had to seek it out herself?
I've been thinking about what someone posted last night - that those posts got the most likes. I posted the Facebook one and it got almost 100 likes. To my knowledge it is still there as well.
We know for certain she reads here. So while I personally would not bother making accounts just to reserve the usernames, I'm not sure it is wholly different from posting here when we know she reads it - unless people have tried to contact her, which is a personal hard line for me and I think really does cross the line into harassment if contacting her with mean comments.
Again I don't know if the accounts made attempts to contact her. But if they didn't, is it much different? Just a thought really.
The bottom line is it really speaks to how little knowledge she has of running a business if she didn't think to save her chosen name across all social media. I'm not a business owner, know absolutely nothing about business at all, also a bit of a luddite/bad with technology - but even for me, saving usernames on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Etsy etc would be among the first things I would do!

Reactions: 7
She shouldn't of been stupid enough to follow it from her own account if she was going to cry about it. End of. Bad start to a "business" blocking every new follower HA.

Reactions: 34
She shouldn't of been stupid enough to follow it from her own account if she was going to cry about it. End of. Bad start to a "business" blocking every new follower HA.
She knows that nobody coming from this site is going to buy anything anyway so it's not really much of a loss for her business. It also stops this site sitting at the top of the Google results when she launches. So she's done the right thing.

Reactions: 5
Fair enough though. If anyone was stupid enough to follow the page after it was outed here I think it's justified that she blocks them and it's a fast way to weed out people who spend time on these forums.

I would do the exact same thing if I were her.
I don’t think so at all.
If there are people genuinely interested in her shop, ALL it takes is a look on her ‘following’ to find the most recent account she’s followed is her shop.

Anyone who’s curious can find it in a matter of seconds, regardless of whether they’ve read here or not!!

‘Fans’ that know it’s lunching in a couple of weeks as she’s told them it will be will know and be curious and excited that there must already or imminently be an online presence for it.

She’s shooting herself in the foot. No other way about it.

Reactions: 32
The first mistake was hers because she followed that account with her main account way too early, I mean its hers anyway she should have waited.
Also she is not the only one coming here to read.
Her minions clearly read here and heck some of them post here and I bet some of them were naive enough to believe they wouldn't get blocked if they followed her on that acc. (you have to be some level of naive to still stand her lets be honest)
She has been hinting about her super unOriginal shop for a while now, who's to say a minion couldn't be curious enough and biting the nails in expectation about wth is she going to sell?

Reactions: 26
Unless her attitude changes overnight, this business venture will be the end of her internet 'career'.

When her Primark range was announced, she was scheduled to hold a meetup in Sheffield for promotional purposes. Gabby being Gabby, bailed at last minute, citing mental (?) health issues as the reason for being unable to attend the meetup. Her fans were devastated and disappointed, however she did not receive any backlash for it - never mind the fact that she herself documented going out in public ON THE SAME DAY to film an ad.

The point is, she is painfully unaware what she's getting herself into. She was incredibly lucky that when the Primark meetup fiasco happened, there was no monetary aspect that tied her to the event and drama channels were in their infancy. However, we are in the year 2020, where millions of people have lost their jobs and those who have managed to stay employed are uncertain for how long, where drama channels rake in millions of views and are responsible for destroying careers.

I hope for her and someone else's money sake, everything goes well. Anything less is one step closer to the inevitable breakdown and being put on the internet's wall of shame. Because in the end, what interent giveth, they taketh away.

Reactions: 30
When her Primark range was announced, she was scheduled to hold a meetup in Sheffield for promotional purposes. Gabby being Gabby, bailed at last minute, citing mental (?) health issues as the reason for being unable to attend the meetup. Her fans were devastated and disappointed, however she did not receive any backlash for it - never mind the fact that she herself documented going out in public ON THE SAME DAY to film an ad.
This just reminded me of something I was going to post the other day and totally forgot! In her recent video Q&A or whatever it was, she said something about how she’s always hated events and avoided them or something, because people are fake and act like your best friend then never speak to you again after. I remember thinking ‘ah, so it’s not at all anxiety or MH related or whatever’ she’s just always hated them. Yet another lie.

Reactions: 30
It hasn’t even launched yet and there’s already all this drama! I hope she uses her time off social media well because the launch of the business will be so stressful I’m not sure if she’s mentally ready yet in terms of anxiety and stress.

She and Jane should go on holiday or something, with no photos or anything. Just go. it can’t be right if she’s this stressed out this early on. (Yes before anyone says she never does anything in the day but she needs a break from her online life, this is ridiculous now)

Reactions: 7
This just reminded me of something I was going to post the other day and totally forgot! In her recent video Q&A or whatever it was, she said something about how she’s always hated events and avoided them or something, because people are fake and act like your best friend then never speak to you again after. I remember thinking ‘ah, so it’s not at all anxiety or MH related or whatever’ she’s just always hated them. Yet another lie.

Lol classic Gabbon, not to mention that she always said how SITC 2016 was the happiest time in her life, which is what - a meetup convention :rolleyes: 🤣

Reactions: 17
So glad that we've been able to have a civil discussion on this, the amount of threads that turn into pages of in-fighting and justifying some really nasty stuff... We dont want to end up like Kailyn Marie Wilcher threads on other sites (wondering if there's anyone here who will get what i mean with that reference as this is a very uk centric site)
Haay priddy lady! *giggle exhale*

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The semi-valid reasons she had for blocking follows after her business page was outed here (leaking products, mocking her), will eventually mean little when she goes public with it.

Those who followed on their main and only insta accounts won't see unless they log out, but others who used throwaways will. Also they'll get a peek when she makes a video on it. So she's not *really* blocking the haters is she?

And those who were already followers of her personal insta were never enough of a nuisance to warrant blocking up until the grand offence of... Sending a follow request to her yet to be launched business.

I get the thinking behind it, but even if she feels vindicated knowing she's blocked people who also gossip on tattle I think it's a lot of effort on her part which won't end up making a huge difference. And the risk of upsetting genuine fans doesn't outweigh it imo.

Also, some of her worst followers who send her nasty dms etc aren't even members here. I'd argue tattlers have mild to harsh criticism that they'd want to say directly to her in the hopes she betters herself, but don't want to because it might come across as mean.

Reactions: 16
I do agree with she is bound to block people because they found it from here however someone did say above with a large amount of instagram action following one specific account her account will appear in peoples suggested. There are also screenshots From twitter where genuine fans were blocked so they’re not all from here. Blocking people off both her art and main account is a bit extreme and childish. She created her Art account, wrote a full bio, logo and profile picture And had her main account be the only one following it? It’s not hard to work out at all, anyone could look at her following list and find it as she only follows like 60 people... she isn’t very professional is she

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.