Formula One Wags #110

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, suddenly with the entire quote posted. What Lando has said reads a bit different to how the media have presented it. Like you say, it's badly worded, but he isn't excusing Vips and what he's saying as such. But is questioning the level of punishment what is right etc, which is fair. Because Piquet loses his paddock access, Vips is dropped by Red Bull. The punishments aren't on the same level. But arguably Piquet was a bigger sack of tit.
Although we should still all know better than to use such language even a mistake in not acceptable. And Lando fucked up how he said about that.

I think I've tried myself up in knots as well. That's something I was saving for Lewis to do.
Thanks for seeing what I was saying because apparently you know saying it has people questioning now if I’m even a good person.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m going to put my two pence in on the whole ‘mistake’ thing sorry

I think what it find the most hurtful about Lando and Max saying it was a mistake is I was attacked (not going to say how but you can probably guess) when I was a teenager by a very popular guy at my school, I reported it to the police and it was a whole extremely hard situation but people around me , other kids at school and even the teachers constantly Told me he was a good kid, he made a mistake and that i was ruining his future. In the end the pressure got to me and I dropped all charges and it’s something I regret to this day. He went on to a top Uni and got a really good job but then was arrested for doing the same thing to another girl and I blamed myself for a very long time that I basically reinforced his behaviour, that he thought he got away it once so went on to do it again. That’s why I thinks it’s so important to hold people accountable for their behaviour or they will just carry on using said behaviour. Anyway sorry for the rant and well done if you read all that 👏

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Thanks for seeing what I was saying because apparently you know saying it has people questioning now if I’m even a good person.
No one thinks that. But, again, none of that was ever my point. I don't care about Vips or Piquet, they're two people who've only been punished because they're in the public eye, let's be honest here. They don't matter to me because they're two racist pieces of tit. I couldn't care less if they're allowed in the paddock, if they're RBR juniors, if they're allowed in F2 or not. duck them. I might care again if they showed remorse in the future and some improvements in behaviour but until then, I'm done with them.
I care about Lando saying that racial slurs can be considered to be excused if they're a mistake. This has such a huge impact. It tells young fans, of which he has plenty - including delusional ones lacking every single brain cell like Cinnamon - that 'Okay, if I say it and just claim it was a mistake it'll be fine, Lando said that, whatever'. There are consequences to racial abuse, I don't care which ones Juri and Piquet were met with or if they're severe enough or not. And saying there's not always the need for consequences is just hurting POC at best, but harmful to a greater extent at worst. It's sugar coating the impact these words have because he said it can be excused in certain cases, he's effectively telling POC to just not be hurt by it.
Just because I like Lando doesn't mean he can't be called out for his bullshit. What he said is deeply offensive and erasing the hurt people might be feeling by what was said. And I hope it was just a bad choice of words, but it doesn't sound like it. He was rambling like crazy but he managed to slide that one in there regardless, so apparently he meant it.

Anyway, I guess I'll stay off of here for a while.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

I think what it find the most hurtful about Lando and Max saying it was a mistake is I was attacked (not going to say how but you can probably guess) when I was a teenager by a very popular guy at my school, I reported it to the police and it was a whole extremely hard situation but people around, other kids at school and even the teachers constantly telling me he was a good kid, he made a mistake and that i was ruining his future. In the end the pressure got to me and I dropped all charges and it’s something I regret to this. He went on to a top Uni and got a really good job but then was arrested for doing the same thing to another girl and I blamed myself for a very long time that I basically reinforced his behaviour, that he thought he got away it once so went on to do it again. That’s why I thinks it’s so important to hold people countable for their behaviour or they will just carry on using said behaviour. Anyway sorry for the rant and well done if you read all that 👏
I’m so sorry you had to go through that, I can’t imagine how helpless you felt with all those people minimising your feelings. Please never blame yourself, you were put in a horrible position when you were at your most vulnerable 💜 I’m glad he eventually got the punishment he deserved!

• Heart
Reactions: 9

I think what it find the most hurtful about Lando and Max saying it was a mistake is I was attacked (not going to say how but you can probably guess) when I was a teenager by a very popular guy at my school, I reported it to the police and it was a whole extremely hard situation but people around, other kids at school and even the teachers constantly telling me he was a good kid, he made a mistake and that i was ruining his future. In the end the pressure got to me and I dropped all charges and it’s something I regret to this. He went on to a top Uni and got a really good job but then was arrested for doing the same thing to another girl and I blamed myself for a very long time that I basically reinforced his behaviour, that he thought he got away it once so went on to do it again. That’s why I thinks it’s so important to hold people countable for their behaviour or they will just carry on using said behaviour. Anyway sorry for the rant and well done if you read all that 👏
I'm sorry this happened to you ❤ I hope you're in a place now where you feel better about it all and please know it wasn't your fault by any means - the system failed you. This is exactly what I mean. There need to be repercussions and not 'ohhh but it was a mistake' - it doesn't matter if it was a mistake. People need to be held accountable. And if they feel genuine remorse and want to work on themselves and prove they've learned, then we can talk about forgiveness. And Lando's not the one who gets to tell POC if Vips or anyone deserves forgiveness or punishments.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

I think what it find the most hurtful about Lando and Max saying it was a mistake is I was attacked (not going to say how but you can probably guess) when I was a teenager by a very popular guy at my school, I reported it to the police and it was a whole extremely hard situation but people around me , other kids at school and even the teachers constantly Told me he was a good kid, he made a mistake and that i was ruining his future. In the end the pressure got to me and I dropped all charges and it’s something I regret to this day. He went on to a top Uni and got a really good job but then was arrested for doing the same thing to another girl and I blamed myself for a very long time that I basically reinforced his behaviour, that he thought he got away it once so went on to do it again. That’s why I thinks it’s so important to hold people accountable for their behaviour or they will just carry on using said behaviour. Anyway sorry for the rant and well done if you read all that 👏
no right words but please know I see you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 11

I'm so sorry this happened to you ❤❤ I hope you're in a better place now ❤ I've heard it so many times. The guy/girl is actually nice - a good person. Do you want to "ruin" their life? But why is no one interested in my life. It's a sad world we live in.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This is bleeping hilarious 😂😂 it’s giving me cheesy infomercial vibes.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I do wonder if Lando is trying to walk a fine line here because both his girlfriend and his team mate have filmed themselves singing and using the same slur that Vipps used. Personally I think F1 and FIA need to make a statement along the lines of how, from now on no discriminatory language will be tolerated in ANY form, they should all be sent on a bleeping course detailing exactly that involves because they clearly don't seem to understand the basics such as white people don't get to use certain words even if marginalised communities have reclaimed them.
Hoping today is drama free and they all just shut up. Last thing I need is Pierre to come out, open his mouth and say something twattish to make me drier than the sahara dessert. Hoping to be home in time for qualis but bet I get mugged off into staying late 😭. Keep me updated Tattle.
🤞
#savejellybeansfanny

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Firstly I'm so sorry you went through that abd secondly you bare no guilt for what he went on to do.

I think the "why should he should his be life be ruined because of a mistake" is bullshit. There are very few white men who suffer long term consequences for their actions look at Brock Turner and Kyle Rittenhouse or even Mazepin as examples and they should have been condemned for what they did. The people we are talking about now will be a little bit uncomfortable for a few weeks snd then life will overall go back to normal. While the people on the receiving end of it will soend the rest of their lives waiting for the next time, waiting to be reminded that how they were born makes some people think they are less than. If there aren't consequences now for it how will it ever stop?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
WHAT is that last line, these are actually coming across as threats now bleeping hell

1656752115550.png

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Totally agree. Saying the N word is never a mistake. It’s not a word that slips out if you’re not racist. If that word is ingrained in your vocabulary, then there in lies the problem.
Yes, 100%. This is the issue precisely.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.