Formula One Wags #110

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No one thinks that. But, again, none of that was ever my point. I don't care about Vips or Piquet, they're two people who've only been punished because they're in the public eye, let's be honest here. They don't matter to me because they're two racist pieces of tit. I couldn't care less if they're allowed in the paddock, if they're RBR juniors, if they're allowed in F2 or not. duck them. I might care again if they showed remorse in the future and some improvements in behaviour but until then, I'm done with them.
I care about Lando saying that racial slurs can be considered to be excused if they're a mistake. This has such a huge impact. It tells young fans, of which he has plenty - including delusional ones lacking every single brain cell like Cinnamon - that 'Okay, if I say it and just claim it was a mistake it'll be fine, Lando said that, whatever'. There are consequences to racial abuse, I don't care which ones Juri and Piquet were met with or if they're severe enough or not. And saying there's not always the need for consequences is just hurting POC at best, but harmful to a greater extent at worst. It's sugar coating the impact these words have because he said it can be excused in certain cases, he's effectively telling POC to just not be hurt by it.
Just because I like Lando doesn't mean he can't be called out for his bullshit. What he said is deeply offensive and erasing the hurt people might be feeling by what was said. And I hope it was just a bad choice of words, but it doesn't sound like it. He was rambling like crazy but he managed to slide that one in there regardless, so apparently he meant it.
Words have power and his were a poor choice. People (in general) don't set out to be racist tit bags but excusing or minimising the damage done or the hurt caused is the start of allowing bigger things to happen. I'm not insinuating that snyone we're talking about is comparable to Nazi's but part of the reason that the Nazi's were able to get to the level they did was because they started small and maybe some people secretly agreed with them so they turned a blind eye and then when things got bigger people were helpless to do anything. It's a slippery slope and I just think we as a society are too quick to give the benefit of the doubt to people who don't deserve it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Busy weekend of Motorsport this weekend. F1, F2, F3, FE, W-Series, Porsche Supercup, GT World Challenge Europe and IndyCar.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Busy weekend of Motorsport this weekend. F1, F2, F3, FE, W-Series, Porsche Supercup, GT World Challenge Europe and IndyCar.
I stayed up til 2.30 to finish Stranger Things, I'm dead after it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ so I will be using tiredness caused by watching too much telly to sit on my arse and continue watching telly πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I stayed up til 2.30 to finish Stranger Things, I'm dead after it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ so I will be using tiredness caused by watching too much telly to sit on my arse and continue watching telly πŸ˜‚
I woke up early to get second episode of Stranger things in before a weekend of motor racing. I'm on holiday so it's acceptable to spend a weekend in front of the telly.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Innit! Not me with my Jane Norman carrier bag for PE.
You knew the rich girls cause they had topshop or river island bags

I woke up early to get second episode of Stranger things in before a weekend of motor racing. I'm on holiday so it's acceptable to spend a weekend in front of the telly.
Himself kept slagging me because I was nervous wreck during it, just have to wait 2 years for the end of it now πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Enjoy your holidays!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.