Formula One Wags #110

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finally weekend. On FP 1, catching up.
But F1 Silverstone camera people are artsy as duck and I like it.
Most of it is done with camera’s that are basically on a giant zip wire 😂 and helicopter that pulls some insane moves to the get the shot. I’m pretty sure it was sideways at some point today 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I was going to post this so glad someone has.
The question he was asked was if race as one was enough and if more action needed taken or something to that effect.

I don’t think he’s worded it well but I think the point he was trying to make was it’s difficult to decide what the action should be.
As is usual with these things the original article has cherry picked their quotes.

And yeah to me I think he has a slight point about what is enough of a punishment and you know are people allowed to atone for their sins or be ruined forever 🤷🏻‍♀️ I am by no means perfect and in my late teens and early 20s I def made mistakes that I am not proud of (to clarify not related to racism) but I guess I could easily have been told by some yeah you’ve used your chance. You can’t be a teacher anymore.

I shared with all of you a choice I had to make in my late teens and how I struggled with faith because of that. I happen to teach in a faith school. Should I not be allowed to do that because of the choice I made? I’m pretty certain some would try have me fired if they knew. And please don’t think I’m comparing the two issues as I’m absolutely not. I just kind of get where he was coming from in the whole who decides the punishment and when is it enough. 🤷🏻‍♀️
but then I believe in a faith that it all about atoning for sin and forgiveness so maybe that’s where I’m coming from.

I dont really know now as feel I’ve rambled on. Everyone is entitled to feel how they feel and I’m lot trying to say anyone is wrong or anyones opinion is less valid than anyone else’s.

got myself tied in knots here.
I understand that, forgiveness is important and I’m not closed off to the idea of people one day forgiving Juri. But Lando’s not the one to decide if, when or how the POC community will forgive Juri or not. He doesn’t get to make that judgement call because he’s not affected by it.
And forgiveness and consequences aren’t exclusive to one another. One can still be faced with consequences, most importantly learn from it and then be forgiven. Juri’s said a horrible hurtful thing, let it be a mistake for all I care, but I can’t believe Lando thinks it should be just done and dusted. There need to be repercussions to it, and not yet another influential white man saying that it should be swept under the rug just because he wasn’t targeting anyone with what he said. These racial slurs have been overlooked for way too long, always deemed ‘harmless’ because people who aren’t even affected by it said so.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Finally caught up!! Wtf happened with my man today?! 🥺

Loving the insights from those of you who are there too! Can’t wait for the photo dumps 😁💜

Reactions: 5
I understand that, forgiveness is important and I’m not closed off to the idea of one day forgiving Juri. But Lando’s not the one to decide if, when or how the POC community will forgive Juri or not. He doesn’t get to make that judgement call because he’s not affected by it.
And forgiveness and consequences aren’t exclusive to one another. One can still be faced with consequences, most importantly learn from it and then be forgiven. Juri’s said a horrible hurtful thing, let it be a mistake for all I care, but I can’t believe Lando thinks it should be just done and dusted. There need to be repercussions to it, and not yet another influential white man saying that it should be swept under the rug just because he wasn’t targeting anyone with what he said.
yeah but I didn’t take that from the quote that he thinks it should be done and dusted. He was answering the question has enough action been taking and he’s said that he doesn’t know what the consequences should be and when is it enough. I never said Lando should be the one to judge. He was asked the question about action taken and said they shouldn’t be asking him what a deserved punishment is. I just don’t get where it’s coming from that he’s defending Juri as it doesn’t come across like that. To me at least.

I think what Juri said was disgusting and I’ve been very vocal in previous posts about my opinions on racism. He needs to look at his life choices very carefully but should he be ruined forever? Just like all of us when we make mistakes he needs to own it and try atone for it. The likelihood is his career is now over but I guess there’s been double standards when we look at what other drivers like Max, Carlos and everyone’s fave smiler Daniel have got away with 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
yeah but I didn’t take that from the quote that he thinks it should be done and dusted. He was answering the question has enough action been taking and he’s said that he doesn’t know what the consequences should be and when is it enough. I never said Lando should be the one to judge. He was asked the question about action taken and said they shouldn’t be asking him what a deserved punishment is. I just don’t get where it’s coming from that he’s defending Juri as it doesn’t come across like that. To me at least.

I think what Juri said was disgusting and I’ve been very vocal in previous posts about my opinions on racism. He needs to look at his life choices very carefully but should he be ruined forever? Just like all of us when we make mistakes he needs to own it and try atone for it. The likelihood is his career is now over but I guess there’s been double standards when we look at what other drivers like Max, Carlos and everyone’s fave smiler Daniel have got away with 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’m not talking about Juri or if his punishment is severe enough, I don’t care about that to be honest. But Lando saying that racial slurs should just be excused if they’re a mistake. That’s the point that’s so hurtful. They shouldn’t be excused just like that, again I’m not saying they should never be forgiven but they haven’t even done anything to atone, a half assed Instagram post that’s basically a ‘sorry I got caught’ is not atonement. They need to understand that there are consequences to racial abuse.
Just because others have gotten away with it, which in my book they haven’t as I’ve said before, doesn’t mean it needs to stay like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
oh Lando you wouldn't talk the same if the situation happened to you . He did a "mistake" he have to pay for it . You can´t say that someone don´t deserve it . I´m sorry but this word dosen´t slip out of your mouth on accident . 🤷‍♀️
Exactly. I never say that word so it never has accidentally been said when I'm angry. I just can't understand how people can try to justify this.

I’m not talking about Juri or if his punishment is severe enough, I don’t care about that to be honest. But Lando saying that racial slurs should just be excused if they’re a mistake. That’s the point that’s so hurtful. They shouldn’t be excused just like that, again I’m not saying they should never be forgiven but they haven’t even done anything to atone, a half assed Instagram post that’s basically a ‘sorry I got caught’ is not atonement. They need to understand that there are consequences to racial abuse.
Just because others have gotten away with it, which in my book they haven’t as I’ve said before, doesn’t mean it needs to stay like that.
No that’s not what I’m saying. I think I’m going to leave it there as im clearly not expressing myself properly.

Reactions: 2
*shoes shoes shoes*
My sweet imnocent tipsy mind kinda forgot how many people read this thread 😂
Shoes are open toe so yeah... There are no feet pics from me though 😆
(pst pst Pierre, if you want them just qualify into Q3, I'll understand the message)

Make up off, tattle on, ready to get hurt 🥶

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
The question he was asked was if race as one was enough and if more action needed taken or something to that effect.

I don’t think he’s worded it well but I think the point he was trying to make was it’s difficult to decide what the action should be.
As is usual with these things the original article has cherry picked their quotes.

And yeah to me I think he has a slight point about what is enough of a punishment and you know are people allowed to atone for their sins or be ruined forever 🤷🏻‍♀️ I am by no means perfect and in my late teens and early 20s I def made mistakes that I am not proud of (to clarify not related to racism) but I guess I could easily have been told by some yeah you’ve used your chance. You can’t be a teacher anymore.

I shared with all of you a choice I had to make in my late teens and how I struggled with faith because of that. I happen to teach in a faith school. Should I not be allowed to do that because of the choice I made? I’m pretty certain some would try have me fired if they knew. And please don’t think I’m comparing the two issues as I’m absolutely not. I just kind of get where he was coming from in the whole who decides the punishment and when is it enough. 🤷🏻‍♀️
but then I believe in a faith that it all about atoning for sin and forgiveness so maybe that’s where I’m coming from.

I dont really know now as feel I’ve rambled on. Everyone is entitled to feel how they feel and I’m not trying to say anyone is wrong or anyones opinion is less valid than anyone else’s.

Yeah, suddenly with the entire quote posted. What Lando has said reads a bit different to how the media have presented it. Like you say, it's badly worded, but he isn't excusing Vips and what he's saying as such. But is questioning the level of punishment what is right etc, which is fair. Because Piquet loses his paddock access, Vips is dropped by Red Bull. The punishments aren't on the same level. But arguably Piquet was a bigger sack of tit.
Although we should still all know better than to use such language even a mistake in not acceptable. And Lando fucked up how he said about that.

I think I've tried myself up in knots as well. That's something I was saving for Lewis to do.

I just, I don't know what to make of this
🤮🤮🤮 Verbal diarrhea. Similar to Max. It just goes on and on and on and on… And who should forgive him? White privileged men???? Sorry Lando, You don’t get to make the call on if he’s forgiven or not. Nor do I.

I dont really know now as feel I’ve rambled on. Everyone is entitled to feel how they feel and I’m not trying to say anyone is wrong or anyones opinion is less valid than anyone else’s.

Simply put, you’re correct. In most circumstances you don’t deserve to lose everything because of one mistake. But I believe the Juri situation wasn’t a mistake. It was a slip up. That’s the difference. And I assume what you did was a true mistake

And as far as the whole does the punishment meet the crime part it’s not like Juri is doing prison time. I feel absolutely zero sympathy for the fact Juri doesn’t get to drive a race car anymore cause he’s a tit head. That was a privilege, not a right.

I am glad things worked out for you though. I have to assume you are a genuinely good person or you wouldn’t vibe here with these awesome people. 🥰

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Exactly. I never say that word so it never has accidentally been said when I'm angry. I just can't understand how people can try to justify this.
I do wonder if Lando is trying to walk a fine line here because both his girlfriend and his team mate have filmed themselves singing and using the same slur that Vipps used. Personally I think F1 and FIA need to make a statement along the lines of how, from now on no discriminatory language will be tolerated in ANY form, they should all be sent on a bleeping course detailing exactly that involves because they clearly don't seem to understand the basics such as white people don't get to use certain words even if marginalised communities have reclaimed them.
Hoping today is drama free and they all just shut up. Last thing I need is Pierre to come out, open his mouth and say something twattish to make me drier than the sahara dessert. Hoping to be home in time for qualis but bet I get mugged off into staying late 😭. Keep me updated Tattle.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
On a much lighter note… Was Cinnamon right?!?! Is there drama with Hampster and Lando?!

He’s not gonna be at the race on Sunday after saying continuously over the last few months that it was a guarantee
1656737919481.gif

Hardly any social media this week despite a lot of stuff going on with Quadrant.
1656738056764.gif

He was originally supposed to be at the Krispy Kreme event with Lando this week but ended up not going.
1656738107475.gif

Say it ain’t so!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭
JK!!! Although it is all a little odd. Probably Luisa’s fault whatever it is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Alpine posted one on tiktok as well

The one tiktok sound I never get tired of

On a much lighter note… Was Cinnamon right?!?! Is there drama with Hampster and Lando?!

He’s not gonna be at the race on Sunday after saying continuously over the last few months that it was a guarantee
View attachment 1385208
Hardly any social media this week despite a lot of stuff going on with Quadrant.
View attachment 1385210
He was originally supposed to be at the Krispy Kreme event with Lando this week but ended up not going.
View attachment 1385212

Say it ain’t so!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭
JK!!! Although it is all a little odd. Probably Luisa’s fault whatever it is.
I mean max was at Silverstone today
Screenshot_20220701-225145_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 5
Totally agree. Saying the N word is never a mistake. It’s not a word that slips out if you’re not racist. If that word is ingrained in your vocabulary, then there in lies the problem.

• Heart
i believe max is at silverstone using BRDC passes, assuming he was unable to get those for race day and lando is using his passes for family/other friends

Reactions: 9
I do wonder if Lando is trying to walk a fine line here because both his girlfriend and his team mate have filmed themselves singing and using the same slur that Vipps used. Personally I think F1 and FIA need to make a statement along the lines of how, from now on no discriminatory language will be tolerated in ANY form, they should all be sent on a bleeping course detailing exactly that involves because they clearly don't seem to understand the basics such as white people don't get to use certain words even if marginalised communities have reclaimed them.
Hoping today is drama free and they all just shut up. Last thing I need is Pierre to come out, open his mouth and say something twattish to make me drier than the sahara dessert. Hoping to be home in time for qualis but bet I get mugged off into staying late 😭. Keep me updated Tattle.
So basically no driver has addressed it at silverstone
Yeah but he didn’t make it to the invite list for Sunday. 😬😬😬

View attachment 1385250
Ah see didn't know about those passes. Seems incredibly odd. That said I mean I'd assume Max has other silverstone connections with his other friends to get in if he wanted without lando

WHERE IS HEIDI

Reactions: 4
Just seen on Twitter the local police asking protesters not to invade the track when the cars are driving on it… my my my stupid!!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.