Formula One Wags #110

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m going to put my two pence in on the whole ‘mistake’ thing sorry

I think what it find the most hurtful about Lando and Max saying it was a mistake is I was attacked (not going to say how but you can probably guess) when I was a teenager by a very popular guy at my school, I reported it to the police and it was a whole extremely hard situation but people around me , other kids at school and even the teachers constantly Told me he was a good kid, he made a mistake and that i was ruining his future. In the end the pressure got to me and I dropped all charges and it’s something I regret to this day. He went on to a top Uni and got a really good job but then was arrested for doing the same thing to another girl and I blamed myself for a very long time that I basically reinforced his behaviour, that he thought he got away it once so went on to do it again. That’s why I thinks it’s so important to hold people accountable for their behaviour or they will just carry on using said behaviour. Anyway sorry for the rant and well done if you read all that 👏
I am so incredibly sorry that you have had to go through this…❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yeah, suddenly with the entire quote posted. What Lando has said reads a bit different to how the media have presented it. Like you say, it's badly worded, but he isn't excusing Vips and what he's saying as such. But is questioning the level of punishment what is right etc, which is fair. Because Piquet loses his paddock access, Vips is dropped by Red Bull. The punishments aren't on the same level. But arguably Piquet was a bigger sack of tit.
Although we should still all know better than to use such language even a mistake in not acceptable. And Lando fucked up how he said about that.

I think I've tried myself up in knots as well. That's something I was saving for Lewis to do.
Hi everyone, I only occasionally look at this page now, but I do agree with you both. How do you punish these incidents? I think you use the law of the country where it happened and/or the disciplinary policy of the organisations involved, which I assume is what RBR did. Vips' punishment may seem harsh but RBR may have felt he brought them into disrepute; sadly, Piquet will get away with it, as the FIA has done all it can so there is a disparity between the two of them. Lewis Hamilton speaks from experience, which is why his words have power. Many of the other drivers don't come from the same place, and are often caught between a rock and a hard place when asked these questions. I think there is an issue with some of the posters here expecting drivers to validate their own opinions. Social change doesn't come from celebrities making statements... Vips will have heard Lewis and others speaking on racism and it didn't stop him. I'm rambling now, but this is such a complicated issue. 😕

Reactions: 4
Poor Billy Joel, a generation of Irish/UK women think Uptown Girl is a Westlife original
Then Olivia Rodrigo came along and fixed that 😂😂

More like

That bag is awful with the outfit
This playlist concerns me more and more every time I add to it 😂😂

Have to see the whole pic but yeah 😅

View attachment 1385614

Finally a decent bag 😆😆

P. S. Cinnamoooooo don't even think to start with "she's always holding her phone" ... She sure does since we, crazy women, made this kind of bags popular for years now 😅 . Not even a lipstick fits inside and we can only dream about our phones 😂
Sometimes I feel like an octopuss ffs with my phone, bottle and notebook :ROFLMAO:
Water bottles are never making it in bags. I should know😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Then Olivia Rodrigo came along and fixed that 😂😂

This playlist concerns me more and more every time I add to it 😂😂

Water bottles are never making it in bags. I should know😂
Westlife are class, don't tit on my teen years 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m going to put my two pence in on the whole ‘mistake’ thing sorry

I think what it find the most hurtful about Lando and Max saying it was a mistake is I was attacked (not going to say how but you can probably guess) when I was a teenager by a very popular guy at my school, I reported it to the police and it was a whole extremely hard situation but people around me , other kids at school and even the teachers constantly Told me he was a good kid, he made a mistake and that i was ruining his future. In the end the pressure got to me and I dropped all charges and it’s something I regret to this day. He went on to a top Uni and got a really good job but then was arrested for doing the same thing to another girl and I blamed myself for a very long time that I basically reinforced his behaviour, that he thought he got away it once so went on to do it again. That’s why I thinks it’s so important to hold people accountable for their behaviour or they will just carry on using said behaviour. Anyway sorry for the rant and well done if you read all that 👏
This crap happens far too often. I'm beyond sorry and am glad you see through the BS now

Reactions: 2
I’ll sort the new thread 🙃

New thread time xoxo

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.