Formula 1 Wags #164 And the countdown begins šŸŽļø

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whatā€™s going on? Why did they introduce Stefano Domenicali if heā€™s not there šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Honda are still signed up to be an engine supplier in 2026, wonder which team will pick them up

Reactions: 2
Honda are still signed up to be an engine supplier in 2026, wonder which team will pick them up
I reckon itā€™ll be one of the Merc customer teams. Totos mentioned they donā€™t want as many as they have now. Maybe McLaren, although that didnā€™t go too well before šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 3
I reckon itā€™ll be one of the Merc customer teams. Totos mentioned they donā€™t want as many as they have now. Maybe McLaren, although that didnā€™t go too well before šŸ˜‚
I was thinking McLaren as they are pretty much the only big team without their own (or at least very closely connected) engine supplier.

Lets just hope if it does happen it goes more like the 1980/90s McLaren Honda days and not the 2015-17 ones. Or at least let Lando and Oscar escape before the place burns down again šŸ¤£

Reactions: 3
Whats the Liam Lawson chat?
I'm just kind of shocked at how they act like he doesnt exist.
I thought Daniel wasnt an actual reserve driver but they kept calling him the 3rd driver. Like I thought he wasnt going to be actually race ready, but more like a Pato for McLaren. yet they were pretty much acting like he was THE reserve driver for Red Bull

Reactions: 5
I thought Daniel wasnt an actual reserve driver but they kept calling him the 3rd driver. Like I thought he wasnt going to be actually race ready, but more like a Pato for McLaren. yet they were pretty much acting like he was THE reserve driver for Red Bull
Iā€™ve said it once and Iā€™ll say it again. Red Bull needed a PR merchant and heā€™s there practically gift wrapped for them. Heā€™s appealing, heā€™s engaging, all things their actual drivers lack (no offence intended). He pulls in a different crowd to what Max and Checo do. Liam will do the actual reserve work when he can but no one really cares about him in terms of marketing. Daniel is a brand, which is why I donā€™t really like him but it works so. They may as well utilise that

Reactions: 9
Itā€™s MAXIEL.
Checo is the fifth wheel on the wagon.
Vijfde wiel aan de wagen.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Did Lawson get announced for Bathurst? That's this weekend right?

Reactions: 1
"Also Iā€™m just gonna say it once and be done with it (this isnā€™t aimed at ppl here btw more twitter), I feel like this is the first time in the DTS generation of fans that theyā€™ve lost like one of the ā€œstapleā€ drivers and honestly, itā€™s just a part of the sport. Drivers come and go. And you have to move on too not keep dredging them up (in regards to stuff about F1 not just generally) for them to be relevant" @fryolyfe

Oh yea and you can see some of them don't know how to handle it. It's like some fans have the idea that a driver has the right to their seat rather than their position in the sport being performance based. People have forgotten that F1 is still a competitive sport where these dudes are getting paid insane amounts and are expected to preform. If someone can't do that then why are they there?

My biggest annoyance with F1 promo (and used to be a complaint I had about tennis) is the lack of young driver involvement. Having people like Lewis or Daniel is great but they are closer to retirement than the beginning of their career. There needs to be an independent build up of a driver for fans to actually latch onto once the older ones are gone. Even with the young drivers we have now - I personally can't imagine I'd be much interested in any of them if I was watching the sport from the outside looking at how they are promoted now. I feel like Lando and Charles are the best bet. Lando seems pushed in the UK but that hasn't extended further for whatever reason and I don't know why nobody goes farther with Leclerc. I get some of it is individual marketing teams but you'd think F1 would pull some strings and get in on DTS visibility some more

Reactions: 5
Isn't that reason called George? Now that he moved to top team, I feel like he is much more loved by Brits than Lando.
My view is that Lando had good momentum. His streams during quarantine brought him a good size audience and it made sense that they could build from him having such a fanbase. There was a moment in time where it felt like he was gonna be the "golden boy" in terms of promotion. Yet, it seems like it gradually died down and now you have it where him and George don't seem all that far separated.

Reactions: 1
Heidi was with Daniel! Will Kelly and Heidi being the bff? Both nepobabies of F1, both cool girls, both RB drivers and friendsā€¦ interestinggg

Reactions: 4
"Also Iā€™m just gonna say it once and be done with it (this isnā€™t aimed at ppl here btw more twitter), I feel like this is the first time in the DTS generation of fans that theyā€™ve lost like one of the ā€œstapleā€ drivers and honestly, itā€™s just a part of the sport. Drivers come and go. And you have to move on too not keep dredging them up (in regards to stuff about F1 not just generally) for them to be relevant" @fryolyfe

Oh yea and you can see some of them don't know how to handle it. It's like some fans have the idea that a driver has the right to their seat rather than their position in the sport being performance based. People have forgotten that F1 is still a competitive sport where these dudes are getting paid insane amounts and are expected to preform. If someone can't do that then why are they there?

My biggest annoyance with F1 promo (and used to be a complaint I had about tennis) is the lack of young driver involvement. Having people like Lewis or Daniel is great but they are closer to retirement than the beginning of their career. There needs to be an independent build up of a driver for fans to actually latch onto once the older ones are gone. Even with the young drivers we have now - I personally can't imagine I'd be much interested in any of them if I was watching the sport from the outside looking at how they are promoted now. I feel like Lando and Charles are the best bet. Lando seems pushed in the UK but that hasn't extended further for whatever reason and I don't know why nobody goes farther with Leclerc. I get some of it is individual marketing teams but you'd think F1 would pull some strings and get in on DTS visibility some more
Exactly. I feel like people took it as a slight against Daniel and it actually wasnā€™t, itā€™s more just indicative of how sports promote themselves generally. They find a ā€œstarā€ that everyone likes and churn them out consistently in every form possible and then wonder why their sports dying out when they either get older (and therefore worse) or leave. A few years ago, pre DTS youā€™d have been forgiven for thinking Lewis was the only driver in F1 because in terms of promo outside of the actual sport he was the only face youā€™d see.
Itā€™s great theyā€™ve got Lando on more U.K. based shows but he could definitely be utilised elsewhere, heā€™s the sort of guy audiences would lap up. Charles also because who could resist that face. This is the main area where Liberty Media is still failing for me. Theyā€™re so lucky to only have 20 drivers to focus on and generally the majority of them are there year in year out and yet they do nothing with them. I understand that some of that might be their own choice but I donā€™t see why many of them would turn stuff like talk shows down, theyā€™re not difficult or particularly strenuous. Iā€™m sorry but I think the Daniel ā€œI have a big smile and I talk about how good looking I amā€ angle is SO overdone and now heā€™s gone, focus on someone else. And donā€™t make that someone else Lewis

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.