Formula 1 Wags #131 The Squids Bachelorette yatch: new year, new girls

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So this is my fear, if Alpine get Oscar, I can't see DR wanting to stay at McLaren. Unless they try to pretend like Oscar was going to McLaren as a reserve driver for 2023 and then take DR's seat in 2024 to try to save face. Ugh 😩
But if Oscar has to race for Alpine, and Daniel doesn't want to race for McLaren next year. McLaren save $21million not having to pay Daniel if he doesn't want to race and ends his contract. And suddenly have that money to go and buy someone else out of their contract - someone maybe Gasly.

Reactions: 11
So this is my fear, if Alpine get Oscar, I can't see DR wanting to stay at McLaren. Unless they try to pretend like Oscar was going to McLaren as a reserve driver for 2023 and then take DR's seat in 2024 to try to save face. Ugh 😩
I mean initially what was going around was the way McLaren got Oscar was to sign him as the reserve driver regardless of daniel... and then basically buy daniel out the last year. they got lucky that fernando left the seat open at alpine and they can at least get some of that money back if all goes according to plan. But yeah McLaren was betting on the fact that Daniel wouldn't like the pressure of having oscar around knowing he wasnt wanted and take the money. but right now Alpine is the one screwed

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I mean initially what was going around was the way McLaren got Oscar was to sign him as the reserve driver regardless of daniel... and then basically buy daniel out the last year. they got lucky that fernando left the seat open at alpine and they can at least get some of that money back if all goes according to plan. But yeah McLaren was betting on the fact that Daniel wouldn't like the pressure of having oscar around knowing he wasnt wanted and take the money. but right now Alpine is the one screwed
Honey Badger never give up. 🍯🦡

In other news… this is what he’s supposedly up to in LA hahaha Money Badger setting up his life after F1.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
But if Oscar has to race for Alpine, and Daniel doesn't want to race for McLaren next year. McLaren save $21million not having to pay Daniel if he doesn't want to race and ends his contract. And suddenly have that money to go and buy someone else out of their contract - someone maybe Gasly.
The scenes if they then went and bought Oscars Alpine contract out 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 7
From the reports it looks like alpine are looking for compensation from Oscar and not for him to drive for them. It’s clear he doesn’t want to drive for them and I couldn’t think of a worse work environment then forcing a driver to drive if they don’t want to 😅

Reactions: 11
From the reports it looks like alpine are looking for compensation from Oscar and not for him to drive for them.
Bet the compensation won't be that much. His contract is going to have little time left to run, and be of relative low value as a rookie reserve driver. If Alpine sign Ricciardo, and get McLaren out of spending $21m on the contract break. No reason why McLaren can't fund the compensation and still pay Piastri $1m season.

Bet the compensation won't be that much. His contract is going to have little time left to run, and be of relative low value as a rookie reserve driver. If Alpine sign Ricciardo, and get McLaren out of spending $21m on the contract break. No reason why McLaren can't fund the compensation and still pay Piastri $1m season.
Ya I know that. I was replying to the fact that I don’t think Oscar is going to be made drive for alpine next year

Reactions: 2
Ya I know that. I was replying to the fact that I don’t think Oscar is going to be made drive for alpine next year
Oh yeah I see that. Just saying how I think Piastri pays his compensation bill. I don't know whether he comes from means to be able to find it himself.

Reactions: 2
Oh yeah I see that. Just saying how I think Piastri pays his compensation bill. I don't know whether he comes from means to be able to find it himself.
Mark Webber will have to take the hit he must have red bull money left 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Okay took a moment to gather some research and from what I can see
Dainel was getting around 20 million at Renault
He agreed to 17 million with McLaren a year for the 3 years and bonus money
Rumor is Alonso was looking for 20-25 Million for a seat at alpine so that's what they were about to sign him for
So 21 million is fair, going with that.
again whatever amount McLaren Agrees to, gets reimbursed by Alpine if they agree to it
currently according to Alpine there isn't an open seat if their contract is valid. so its going to have to wait until an official release of oscar from a seat to even give daniel an offer.
McLaren meanwhile cant let him go if they also dont have oscar officially either.
so yeah i think this will all probably just be paid out. the court case is just going to make sure the money is worked out legally once they can agree on it
I kinda hope DR says FEA and leaves anyway for AT, Alpine get to keep Piastri. and McLaren are forced to bring in Paul di Resta 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I kinda hope DR says FEA and leaves anyway for AT, Alpine get to keep Piastri. and McLaren are forced to bring in Paul di Resta 🤣
Would never happen. And don't make us have to have Di Resta back in a car. McLaren would just buy out another driver, we know Gasly has a release clause for a higher team.

I'm gonna admit something I've never said before. And you're all gonna judge me for it.

Back in his early days of F1 racing, before I realised what an insufferable prick he is, I kinda little bit fancied Di Resta.

I feel like saying I fancy Mazepin would be less controversial.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Oh sorry I should have said I don't give a tit about McLaren in this scenario, more concerned about where DR goes 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Stephen

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Would never happen. And don't make us have to have Di Resta back in a car. McLaren would just buy out another driver, we know Gasly has a release clause for a higher team.

I'm gonna admit something I've never said before. And you're all gonna judge me for it.

Back in his early days of F1 racing, before I realised what an insufferable prick he is, I kinda little bit fancied Di Resta.

I feel like saying I fancy Mazepin would be less controversial.
I’m gonna ignore that last part because I want to continue liking you. But to the Gasly to McLaren part: YAAAAAAAS

(Or continuing my Pato-ganda)

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.