Formula 1 Wags #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please quote me I’m loving this talk! 😂
The teams and drivers are scared as hell because of litigation and I get it to a certain degree. Someone mentioned it before on here, if they call out Nelson directly they can get sued. This leads to some very underwhelming statements. It’s either that or just sit still, don’t move. That’s the approach some seem to be taking instead.

Yeah see, underwhelming but legally safe.
quoting :)

I am ready to sue Nelson:mad: (even though I do not really believe in him changing his ways)

Now I remembered that F1 decided to finish all drivers' manifestations or protests/supports of supposedly "political" nature this season, and I even feel worse.
I only go to Twitter for F1 related info, but not very often, I am afraid to go and check it now.

On the other hand, I am so angry at so many issues today that my productivity at work increased drastically, why does it happen everytime 😂 💪

Reactions: 9

I am ready to sue Nelson:mad: (even though I do not really believe in him changing his ways)

Now I remembered that F1 decided to finish all drivers' manifestations or protests/supports of supposedly "political" nature this season, and I even feel worse.
I only go to Twitter for F1 related info, but not very often, I am afraid to go and check it now.

On the other hand, I am so angry at so many issues today that my productivity at work increased drastically, why does it happen everytime 😂 💪
Same although I will probably have to go back over some of the kids reports when I’m less angry 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'll be rage cleaning my house later on
Come and rage clean mine too, please? 😇 I'm currently duscussing with my self if I should take a drive to the shooting rink and and get in some training to get some rage and stress off my shoulders.😅 That will however go out over my cleaning that I also have to do today 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just caught up with everything before my lunch break ends! So disappointed that this can still happen in this day and age. It must be such a lonely place for Lewis, I can see why he sometimes chooses to keep himself to himself a lot of the time when he’s put up with comments like this all his life. It breaks my heart that we live in a world where anyone can think this is acceptable.

Really hope more drivers speak up by the end of the day. Especially as the majority of them were probably posting BLM stuff two years ago. Put your money where your mouth is guys!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Come and rage clean mine too, please? 😇 I'm currently duscussing with my self if I should take a drive to the shooting rink and and get in some training to get some rage and stress off my shoulders.😅 That will however go out over my cleaning that I also have to do today 😅
Absolutely and then we can go on the piss afterwards 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Everything has been said and I’ve nothing else to add except for I cringe at the thought of what Lewis was called last year in private. My thoughts are with Lewis and other people of colour or people from different ethenic backgrounds who have to deal obvious racism and micro aggression in their daily life’s, I can’t imagine how exhausting it it

Just to say also I’ll be very very disappointed if Daniel and other drivers don’t at-least retweet statements against this. I know Lando has already. I’m kind of disappointed how long it took McLaren to make a statement, everything is so PR these days when somethings shouldn’t need big discussions to realise a short statement against racism

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Everything has been said and I’ve nothing else to add except for I cringe at the thought of what Lewis was called last year in private. My thoughts are with Lewis and other people of colour or people from different ethenic backgrounds who have to deal obvious racism and micro aggression in their daily life’s, I can’t imagine how exhausting it it
congratulations on passing your test 👏 it’s the best feeling and the freedom it brings is amazing 🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The way the Piquet’s have dealt with this situation just goes to show how disillusioned they really are with reality

Lewis should not be dealing with this at all, no less on his home race weekend.

The teams definitely cannot name Nelson in their statements otherwise they would open themselves to defamation claims, however they can definitely make better statements than they have been without being subject to legal liability.

Edit: another lacklustre statement of support to cover a team’s back:

06CBBC01-1853-45AB-B9CF-5DD9FDF280C4.png

Reactions: 11
Could someone share the statement Kelly liked? The link to it on Instagram seems to deleted x

Reactions: 1
Alpine finally said something. Not a formal statement but a comment under Mercedes post

Reactions: 5

The worst part is that F1 wanted to 'focus on action' and that's what they've gotten rid of the gesture before the anthem. Great action that is.

Reactions: 7
Would be nice if some or all of the drivers kneel to show support with Lewis on Sunday

• Heart
I was absolutely disgusted from the very beginning and at the end that playlist left me speechless. What the actual duck.

What's wrong with the world mama 😭

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.