Formula 1 Wags #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you think it can’t get any worst, saw this on Twitter thought that can’t be real… it bleeping is her real account, playlists from years ago even one saying P birthday…. People starting calling her out on the name of the playlist and apparently the title got removed
If it walks like a racist duck and talks like a racist duck then mayhaps

• Haha
Reactions: 17
That Instagram family piquet person who put that thing up with grandma.. gone private and apparently Kelly removed her like after being caught liking it

Reactions: 7
McLaren, Red Bull, Williams, Haas, AT and Alpines silence is deafening.
you’d think, especially with the English teams on such a big week for British motorsports, they’d get their tit together condemning racism and the racism of a colleague.

Reactions: 13
Just checked her spotify now, playlist is gone but we've seen what we needed to see Kelly

Reactions: 16
Honestly impressed by Kelly, do you know how committed to being an asshole you have to be to be racist on SPOTIFY.COM?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
So the interview was apparently from November! Why is it only coming to light now 😡
Exactly … I know Kelly is busy and probably not watching or listening to everything her father does but since it is from November if she really wanted to distance herself from it she had plenty of time ..
but I guess as it’s a usual word in their household 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8
you’d think, especially with the English teams on such a big week for British motorsports, they’d get their tit together condemning racism and the racism of a colleague.
Am an AT fan (clock the picture) but yeah the silence is hella disappointing especially since they have such a strong social presence, there's no way they aren't aware. They'll probably toe the RBR family line on this. I just hope Pierre and Yuki say something, both are Lewis fans and he and Pierre are friends

• Heart
I expected more from McLaren and Williams, especially McLaren posting a funny post including Lewis without addressing it doesn’t sit right with me.
I expected nothing from Red Bull so that’s on track.

Also sad that George was the only driver to actually use his own words to address it and not retweet anything. Who knows, maybe there’ll be someone else.

Reactions: 14
I expected more from McLaren and Williams, especially McLaren posting a funny post including Lewis without addressing it doesn’t sit right with me.
Williams is the one I’m waiting on.. yes he brought good to your name back then but now it’s Williams world champ racist so they better say something
Claire Williams must be raging also, her fathers legacy. She would have put out a statement already if she still ran the team in sure. I think jos C might this weekend

The word that Nelson said can be used in Brazil has a caring way when theres intimacy between people they use it a lot but Nelson used it do define Hamilton witch doesn't make sense he has a name so use it. So Nelson doesn't have any excuse.

Reactions: 12
This is what google translate gave me - the nos and neguinhos in the English translating was ni**as but maybe someone can provide a better translation

View attachment 1375909
Nós means "we" so he's saying she called her family that.
And "neguinho" is a hard translation because there isn't a perfect equivalent in english. It's true that it can be used affectionately (many couples call each other meu preto/neguinho as pet names), but that's not the way Piquet used it.
It translates to "little black (person)", and it can be a substitute for "someone" too (talking about an unspecific person - and even this use of it is questionable to me), but when you put the "o" in front of it the meaning becomes about a specific person and you are choosing to refer to them by their skin color (and in the context of the video he is criticizing Lewis, so he is doing it in a negative and racist way. It also matters that when talking about Max and Senna in that video he uses their names, so he's making an active choice to not use Lewis' name but that term instead).

I think in this caption Rodrigo is trying to take advantage of the other meanings the word can have to convince people Piquet didn't mean it maliciously/with racism, but looking at the uproar this has caused in brazilian twitter you can see that's not true. He has now made his account private because of the backlash from this post too.
Noo I think Lewis genuinely loves Brazil and vice versa. He was so happy to be offered citizenship and I can't see him turning it down. And he shouldn't. It would be a win for Nelson and I don't think anyone wants to see that.
Yes, if you look in CNN Brazil's page there are over a thousand comments, all siding with Lewis. Piquet's close relationship with Bolsonaro and the many disgusting things he's said about other drivers really soured his image to many (this was mentioned earlier in the thread, he talked tit about other driver's wives, created rumours about Senna's sexuality. Disgusting man all around 🤮). He has the same amount of championships as Senna, but will never be as loved as him and he knows it. And seeing his country love and support Lewis more than him upsets him the most.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
That Instagram family piquet person who put that thing up with grandma.. gone private and apparently Kelly removed her like after being caught liking it
She didn't remove her like. I followed him before he went private and still can see her like.

• Sad
  • Sick

Also sad that George was the only driver to actually use his own words to address it and not retweet anything. Who knows, maybe there’ll be someone else.
Considering Pierre has a niece that mixed race like Lewis, i'm sure hoping he does speak up about racism

Happy Silverstone week ❤
Nelson Piquet is cancelled 👎🏻
DR birthday spam on Friday 🥹
Driver n.9 is cancelled too so happy 109 😂❤
Happy new thread!!
DR spam why only friday?!😉

7460cabeb33862b2954b1312befc0b6f.jpg

And Piquet........i don't even have enough Dutch, German and English words to describe what i think of him.....

Reactions: 6
I’m holding the benefit of the doubt in regards to teams statements but if there is still nothing by the end of the day then I’ll be pissed 😡

Reactions: 9
Nós means "we" so he's saying she called her family that.
And "neguinho" is a hard translation because there isn't a perfect equivalent in english. It's true that it can be used affectionately (many couples call each other meu preto/neguinho as pet names), but that's not the way Piquet used it.
It translates to "little black (person)", and it can be a substitute for "someone" too (talking about an unspecific person - and even this use of it is questionable to me), but when you put the "o" in front of it the meaning becomes about a specific person and you are choosing to refer to them by their skin color (and in the context of the video he is criticizing Lewis, so he is doing it in a negative and racist way. It also matters that when talking about Max and Senna in that video he uses their names, so he's making an active choice to not use Lewis' name but that term instead).

I think in this caption Rodrigo is trying to take advantage of the other meanings the word can have to convince people Piquet didn't mean it maliciously/with racism, but looking at the uproar this has caused in brazilian twitter you can see that's not true. He has now made his account private because of the backlash from this post too.

Yes, if you look in CNN Brazil's page there are over a thousand comments, all siding with Lewis. Piquet's close relationship with Bolsonaro and the many disgusting things he's said about other drivers really soured his image to many (this was mentioned earlier in the thread, he talked tit about other driver's wives, created rumours about Senna's sexuality. Disgusting man all around 🤮). He has the same amount of championships as Senna, but will never be as loved as him and he knows it. And seeing his country love and support Lewis more than him upsets him the most.
Thank you for the explanation ❤

The word that Nelson said can be used in Brazil has a caring way when theres intimacy between people they use it a lot but Nelson used it do define Hamilton witch doesn't make sense he has a name so use it. So Nelson doesn't have any excuse.
Thank you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m so shocked and disgusted by not just was nelson said but Kelly liking that post. How in todays world people can think that’s acceptable is so far beyond me!
yeah, she could have chosen silence instead if she didn't want to speak against her dad. people would be more willing to say than that kids are not responsible for their parents' behavior. Btw someone being friend with Bolsonaro tells me everything I need to know about that person.

Stupid move Kelly. and I agree that she made it more difficult for Max, because SURELY the questions will be asked during Silverstone. Much smaller random stuff get blown out of proportion in F1 world, and this is a real and serious issue and I don't see it being ignored by the press who loves drama. They will do anything to create conflict narrative.

And really she's out of reality. Every language has words that were used in the past (innocently or with harmful intentions) but now cannot be used. Or words that had different meanings or were bringing different messages. Bringing the fact that someone's grandma used a word with affection to justify a racist father using it now is irrelevant, stupid and simply harmful.

Between middle ages coming back to my country women-rights wise (not US), women rights in US, guns in US, war in Ukraine, racism, shootings and all those hate crimes all around the world, honestly I am fuming. So many people/goverments are going backwards, trying to reinstall/preserve some old tit, that I see no choice but to actively fight with it, and not let them win.

I am writing it while reading page 3, because work interrupts me, so sorry if the conversation moved to something else in the meantime or if I repeat something. I will now update myself.

• Heart
I’m not getting my hopes up on any statements, I wish they’d speak out, that’s not it, but they’re all too terrified to say something wrong or get misunderstood. They’re not realizing that saying something wrong may be better than silencing the topic. But also I don’t want them to be pressured into making a statement because then it wouldn’t be genuine.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.