Formula 1 Wags #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was about to throw in a few words and wish you all a happy new thread, but I got a phone call about some forms that some parents hadnt filled out yet, so I had to figure out all that. Glad I'm having 6-7 hours in a car tomorrow rather than answering phone calls and mails.

Kelly really had one job in reaction to all of this: Sit still in the damn boat, and don't rock it. Wait for the storm to pass.
As long as she did that, we all could have said that children are not their parents.
This is going to be one hell of a build up before the race.
You all have summed it up so well, I don't really know what else to write.

Reactions: 19
I’m a bit scared going to silverstone this weekend 🤣 it’s going to be a shitstorm!

Reactions: 9
I’m a bit scared going to silverstone this weekend 🤣 it’s going to be a shitstorm!
Let's quote some hillbilly-American behind his keyboard somewhere in Western Missouri: "Better bring your gun" 🙃🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m not getting my hopes up on any statements, I wish they’d speak out, that’s not it, but they’re all too terrified to say something wrong or get misunderstood. They’re not realizing that saying something wrong may be better than silencing the topic. But also I don’t want them to be pressured into making a statement because then it wouldn’t be genuine.
I feel like I’m quoting you constantly today, sorry!

Regarding team statements I wouldn't put it past them to hope that by keeping their heads down and not saying anything it'll just be pushed aside the way it has been previously. I think if they were genuine then a short statement saying there is no room in this world for racism would probably be enough to keep most people happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
16127CB1-29B7-44D7-B232-C93962D5D5D4.jpeg

just something funny before my head pops off from anger 🤣

Could be better. Could be worse

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I feel like I’m quoting you constantly today, sorry!

Regarding team statements I wouldn't put it past them to hope that by keeping their heads down and not saying anything it'll just be pushed aside the way it has been previously. I think if they were genuine then a short statement saying there is no room in this world for racism would probably be enough to keep most people happy.
Please quote me I’m loving this talk! 😂
The teams and drivers are scared as hell because of litigation and I get it to a certain degree. Someone mentioned it before on here, if they call out Nelson directly they can get sued. This leads to some very underwhelming statements. It’s either that or just sit still, don’t move. That’s the approach some seem to be taking instead.

Yeah see, underwhelming but legally safe.

Reactions: 11
The teams and drivers are scared as hell because of litigation and I get it to a certain degree. Someone mentioned it before on here, if they call out Nelson directly they can get sued. This leads to some very underwhelming statements. It’s either that or just sit still, don’t move. That’s the approach some seem to be taking instead.

That’s why I’m waiting till the end of the day because I can imagine the teams PR and lawyers are trying to put a statement together that doesn’t leave them open for a law suit (especially HAAS who are already being taken to court by the egg)

Reactions: 8

❤ love this talk too.

I'm ok with the legally safe statement, I think they are saying something without naming names but obviously referencing the particular incident. Its probably the best they can do at the minute.

• Heart
That’s why I’m waiting till the end of the day because I can imagine the teams PR and lawyers are trying to put a statement together that doesn’t leave them open for a law suit (especially HAAS who are already being taken to court by the egg)
I’m also pretty convinced the teams have asked their drivers not to post anything on their own to not get them into trouble. They’ll probably just retweet or repost the teams things, if anything.

Wow this has become a tit show. duck nelson piquet. I feel so bad for Lewis, no matter his response it’ll be analysed, dissected and completely overshadow his home race. (His tweet was king tit though 🔥)

also Kelly…what is she doing???No one would have been angry if she’d stayed quiet and not said anything against her own father, no one would blame her for that, but liking that post set a very clear stance. I feel bad for max here too, he’s between a rock and a hard place, there’s no good response to this for him.

As if the divide between Hamilton and max fans couldn’t get worse…we’ve got a whole lot more toxicity coming our way.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I wish some of them would just say duck the PR and any potential litigation and tweet/insta something. For Lewis’ sake more than anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

I know that they're probably afraid to speak more, but i hate this statement, it's lousy and really bad. I know that every team is gonna say something like this in literally one and really bad sentence.
I hate this PR statements, it's like they just wanted to be done so they don't get hate.

Reactions: 7
I wish some of them would just say duck the PR and any potential litigation and tweet/insta something. For Lewis’ sake more than anything.
I would love that as well but I think a year where moneys already tight they can’t afford too

Reactions: 5
I've said before, I'll say it again - people who this tit in public when they are supposed to be presenting their best self will say far worse in private

Screenshot_20220628-155606_Twitter.jpg

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.