Formula 1 Wags #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope there is a united front in defence of Lewis but I'm not holding my breath to be honest. The media teams needs to ensure all the drivers are saying the right thing this weekend not just brushing it aside.
About this and Roe v Wade. At least Seb and Lewis will be asked about it.

*cough* Daniel *cough* I love you man but please don't say you don't watch the news again, come on, I know you know what's happening so please don't duck up again

• Heart
Reactions: 20
considering some of the drivers actions and statements in the past too, i wouldnt be surprised if a few of them just brush it off and try to dodge the questions if asked 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 11
He's not in a position to without being called a hypocrite. I don't believe Max is racist, that's not what I mean. But he's so closely connected to that family that no matter what he says, he'll be called out for double standards. Same would've happened to Kelly if she had spoken out against it but that ship's sailed. And her liking it is only making it worse for Max to speak out against it for the same reason.
He's between a rock and a hard place and I don't envy his position but I'd rathet he be called out for saying something than not.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I hope there is a united front in defence of Lewis but I'm not holding my breath to be honest. The media teams needs to ensure all the drivers are saying the right thing this weekend not just brushing it aside.
After everything Lewis does for the world and the topics he discusses… just for the other 19 to be United with him on this subject would honestly make my weekend. And believe you me, I will be listening in to every drivers voice this weekend. And it will be how I veiw them going forward from how they answer

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Shocking but not surprising behaviour from piquet.

Not a good response from Kelly. Better to do nothing than liking defending posts.

Until you’ve walked a mile in someone’s shoes as the saying goes most will have no idea the racism and classism Lewis will have endured throughout his life.

I hope more people in f1 stand up and are counted when is comes to such outright racism. This doesn’t even include the much more underhand stuff he’ll have experienced throughout his life.

It’s all just so sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
About this and Roe v Wade. At least Seb and Lewis will be asked about it.

*cough* Daniel *cough* I love you man but please don't say you don't watch the news again, come on, I know you know what's happening so please don't duck up again
I know, I'm prepared to watch men carry on life as normal this weekend with no real consequences and it is just.... exhausting.

After everything Lewis does for the world and the topics he discusses… just for the other 19 to be United with him on this subject would honestly make my weekend. And believe you me, I will be listening in to every drivers voice this weekend. And it will be how I veiw them going forward from how they answer
This, I'll be watching and remembering what's said this weekend. Like it's his bleeping home race with part of it named after him and now he's going to have spend time talking about this? I know last year would have been the topic of conversation otherwise but at least thst was about racing

Not going to add screenshots but Kelly’s trending on twitter with people saying she's blocking them for calling her out for liking that post defending her Dad.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Gaining lots of traction in the U.K. now. It’s been mentioned on the news in the radio and is one of
the top items on the BBC home page. Would assume it’s hopefully going to be on the 6pm news front and centre (as it should be).
I feel so sad this Lewis is dealing with this tit in the week of his home race.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Gaining lots of traction in the U.K. now. It’s been mentioned on the news in the radio and is one of
the top items on the BBC home page. Would assume it’s hopefully going to be on the 6pm news front and centre (as it should be).
I feel so sad this Lewis is dealing with this tit in the week of his home race.
It's in every major newspaper in Germany as well. How is this blowing up one year after it happened? Why didn't we hear of it before? That speaks volumes...

I also think it’s quite inappropriate of McLaren to post a fun picture including Lewis without addressing it to be honest.

Lily ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I feel some of y'all are being rather...optimistic assuming Max will say anything about this when his girl and her senile father are involved and when his own history with racism is still there.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I feel some of y'all are being rather...optimistic assuming Max will say anything about this when his girl and her senile father are involved and when his own history with racism is still there.
I don’t think he will say anything, I just hope so. But I know it’s not happening, don’t worry 😂 he's not in a position to do that without being hypocritical

Reactions: 9
We'll see what the weekend brings and how teams/ drivers respond I guess. But at this point I'm just so done with any sort of excuses from F1 hiding behind PR and carefully crafted statements. This is a bleeping slam dunk: call it out. Do something about it. Or stop the charade of "we race as one" because it's a joke at this point if 10 teams and 20 drivers can't get behind the idea that dropping disgusting racist language is unacceptable.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yeah he’s not going to say anything. Neither are red bull.

So the interview was apparently from November! Why is it only coming to light now 😡

Reactions: 8
We'll see what the weekend brings and how teams/ drivers respond I guess. But at this point I'm just so done with any sort of excuses from F1 hiding behind PR and carefully crafted statements. This is a bleeping slam dunk: call it out. Do something about it. Or stop the charade of "we race as one" because it's a joke at this point if 10 teams and 20 drivers can't get behind the idea that dropping disgusting racist language is unacceptable.
The only time F1 really raced as one was when Lewis was the only car on the starting grid in Hungary last year

So the interview was apparently from November! Why is it only coming to light now 😡
That’s what I mean! How are we only hearing it now, conveniently before silverstone?

When you think it can’t get any worst, saw this on Twitter thought that can’t be real… it bleeping is her real account, playlists from years ago even one saying P birthday…. People starting calling her out on the name of the playlist and apparently the title got removed
She’s… she’s following Lewis on Spotify

Much better but still the ‘he has done so much’… as if having to deal with it would be any less unacceptable if he was an average Joe.

• Wow
Probably had His song with Christina Aguilara in that playlist stupid cow
She obviously has no sense of how this looks to anyone outside of her bubble. I'd love to know what lines she's telling herself to excuse her Dad and to allow herself to like that instead of just doing nothing.

6C99AFC1-4711-4E60-ACB5-3F4D5D316A77.jpeg
Wow just saw this comment under red bulls in reply to someone calling for red bull to make a statement 😡 makea me feel a bit ashamed to be aMax fan 😔

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.