Formula 1 Wags #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
duck sake I’m so disappointed in Kelly, she had the opportunity to show the world she’s not like her father and she likes that post 🤯 at this point red bull will be doing overtime for PR yes it’s not Maxs fault by any mean let’s get that clear but the fact his girlfriend who is always in their teams company has pretty much agreed…. No going back unless she comes out with a statement saying she don’t agree and has told that to her dad
Is Neslon officially involved in Red Bull or just a hanger on? I agree with not holding children responsible for the sins of the parents but she skipped past that now. How can you like something like knowing and having interacted with the person who was hurt by it in real life?? (I'm not saying you should only do the right thing if you know someone in real life who is affected by the issues but it's horrific to know that she knows Lewis, knows what's he's been through and is there liking posts like that)

Kelly liking that post defending her father, yeah duck her. So much energy for "keyboard warriors" and "online bullies" but none for him? I'm sure she's on Instagram mode drafting a "spread love" statement as we speak
Hashtag Be Kind

Reactions: 10
She fucked up majorly by liking that. Like you said, she had a chance - after talking a big game about bullying after Abu Dhabi. Still hope people leave her child out of it at least. I was rooting for her, very disappointed.
Yeah she had a great opportunity to show the world that they are not a lined with her views and beliefs then she goes and likes that. It’s going to also cause no end of trouble for Max by no fault of his own as if f1 do ban nelson from all races (can’t see them upholding for Brazil tbh coz he had controls there) but red bull are surly going to have to reprimand Kelly’s access for liking that post. After all they did suspend juri for the exact same thing!

Is Neslon officially involved in Red Bull or just a hanger on? I agree with not holding children responsible for the sins of the parents but she skipped past that now. How can you like something like knowing and having interacted with the person who was hurt by it in real life?? (I'm not saying you should only do the right thing if you know someone in real life who is affected by the issues but it's horrific to know that she knows Lewis, knows what's he's been through and is there liking posts like that)
THIS! I was really hoping she'd be different to her dad. Nelson is not involved in Red Bull, just affiliated with them because of Max. I'm seriously still so shocked about that post.

Yeah she had a great opportunity to show the world that they are not a lined with her views and beliefs then she goes and likes that. It’s going to also cause no end of trouble for Max by no fault of his own as if f1 do ban nelson from all races (can’t see them upholding for Brazil tbh coz he had controls there) but red bull are surly going to have to reprimand Kelly’s access for liking that post. After all they did suspend juri for the exact same thing!
I hope Red Bull hold her to the same moral standard. But let's be honest, they won't. She's their stars girlfriend. What he wants, he gets. And he wants her there. They'll stay silent, instruct press not to ask Max and Checo about it this weekend, and just hope the entire thing disappears.

Reactions: 13

Hashtag Be Kind
He’s not involved but it’s one way he gets his guest access ect, I mean he’s a world champion no denying that, his f1 access is apparent. Which is why I can’t see a ban, as much as I’d like

Reactions: 4
But also how much tit has she brought on Lewis and Max’s relationship now? This will be brought up in press at Silverstone, it's going to be talked about. And Lewis will be expected to rise above and not show emotion about it as bleeping usual.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
He’s not involved but it’s one way he gets his guest access ect, I mean he’s a world champion no denying that, his f1 access is apparent. Which is why I can’t see a ban, as much as I’d like
I do see a ban, they banned Rosberg for not being vaxxed as well and he even works in F1 doing media. But I agree with you about that not happening in Brazil, he's too powerful over there.

Reactions: 8
Wait for the drivers conferences this week, it’s going to be a drama filled weekend that’s for sure

I do see a ban, they banned Rosberg for not being vaxxed as well and he even works in F1 doing media. But I agree with you about that not happening in Brazil, he's too powerful over there.
He was at Monaco go though ?

• Sad
Reactions: 4
But also how much tit has she brought on Lewis and Max’s relationship now? This will be brought up in press at Silverstone, it's going to be talked about. And Lewis will be expected to rise above and not show emotion about it as bleeping usual.
I hope they ask every single driver tbh. But it will be like you said, Lewis having to show great strength and everyone going 'aw a shame really, anyway'

He was at Monaco go though ?
He wasn't in the paddock, Monaco's paddock is a bit weird - he was technically outside of it. He's not getting paddock access from F1.

Reactions: 11
Yeah he’s got a lot of power in Brazil it’s clear to see by the circles he moves in and what he done for the country in sport BUT they Gave Lewis citizenship… will Lewis return it and say no I don’t wish to have it??

I’m so shocked and disgusted by not just was nelson said but Kelly liking that post. How in todays world people can think that’s acceptable is so far beyond me!

Yeah he’s got a lot of power in Brazil it’s clear to see by the circles he moves in and what he done for the country in sport BUT they have Lewis citizenship… will Lewis return it and say no I don’t wish to have it??
Noo I think Lewis genuinely loves Brazil and vice versa. He was so happy to be offered citizenship and I can't see him turning it down. And he shouldn't. It would be a win for Nelson and I don't think anyone wants to see that.

Reactions: 9
I believe only 2 drivers (not 100% sure) have acknowledged what happened so far... Esteban and Lando retweeted Lewis' tweet but even that is an absolute bare minimum, hopefully they all actually say something instead of leaving Lewis to fight alone as usual...

• Sad
Agree with everyone here. I gave Kelly the benefit of the doubt but that ship has sailed. @Ultimate Lurkee I agree with you that Lewis is going to have shoulder the burden of talking about this all weekend and it's bullshit.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I hope they ask every single driver tbh. But it will be like you said, Lewis having to show great strength and everyone going 'aw a shame, anyway'
What answer Max gives will be critical to how it is played in the media, if he just dismisses it as he has done previously when talking about racism then it will be brushed aside. He really needs to take an actual stand against it this time but I fear he won't.

Reactions: 18
I believe only 2 drivers (not 100% sure) have acknowledged what happened so far... Esteban and Lando retweeted Lewis' tweet but even that is an absolute bare minimum, hopefully they all actually say something instead of leaving Lewis to fight alone as usual...
I'm pretty sure they're not sure what's allowed PR wise from their teams. Just like the teams probably don't know what to do either. I'd give it a few more hours. And hope to see some speaking out against it verbally during the weekend, but that's a bit naive of me tbh.

Reactions: 2
Kelly’s majorly fucked it with liking that post! All she had to do was keep quiet. Makes you think what vile views that family must have behind closed doors. Let’s hope more teams/drivers speak out

C1946578-0CFF-4DDA-9628-BCE0668A2548.jpeg
AM’s statement 😡
Edit that’s was supposed to be an angry face 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
What answer Max gives will be critical to how it is played in the media, if he just dismisses it as he has done previously when talking about racism then it will be brushed aside. He really needs to take an actual stand against it this time but I fear he won't.
He's not in a position to without being called a hypocrite. I don't believe Max is racist, that's not what I mean. But he's so closely connected to that family that no matter what he says, he'll be called out for double standards. Same would've happened to Kelly if she had spoken out against it but that ship's sailed. And her liking it is only making it worse for Max to speak out against it for the same reason.

• Heart
THIS! I can’t imagine the damage control he has to be doing for something that’s not his fault but for him to make a stand would not only be right but iconic behaviour to the world against his in Laws

Reactions: 6
I'm pretty sure they're not sure what's allowed PR wise from their teams. Just like the teams probably don't know what to do either. I'd give it a few more hours. And hope to see some speaking out against it verbally during the weekend, but that's a bit naive of me tbh.
I hope there is a united front in defence of Lewis but I'm not holding my breath to be honest. The media teams needs to ensure all the drivers are saying the right thing this weekend not just brushing it aside.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.