Fopperholic #70 Chris is banished to the garage, so much for this #strong #happymarriage

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For all of the parents that have commented mentioning their children's speech. My eldest who will be 7 next week was diagnosed with a Speech Disorder when he was 3 years old 😔 For a long time I blamed myself, "I didn't engage with him enough, I didn't spend enough time with him, I was a terrible Mommy, I was useless, I should have known, I should have done more" 💔 I now know it wasn't due to anything I did or didn't do it's just one of those things, but one of those things no one prepares you for or tells you about. My son knew all that was said to him and his understanding and language was great but he couldn't speak like he was "supposed to for his age". I could understand him, I'm his Mama, but every so often even I struggled to understand what he was saying and that made him frustrated and upset 💔 when he started nursery at 3.5 years old he couldn't tell you his own name (he knew it and responded to it but couldn't physically say it) 😪 this killed me I'm not going to lie. How would he make friends, tell his teacher if someone was mean to him, if he was poorly, upset or hurt etc 😭 He started Speech Therapy in the following Spring so around when he turned 4, he will be 7 next Wed and I received the attached email last week 🥰 (I don't mind that his name is shown I'm amongst friends here plus it's still pretty anonymous) To say we are so proud and relieved is an understatement 🙏🏻 Our middle son also has speech problems (not diagnosed but as his parents we just know) however having gone through it all already we are not as concerned plus since he's been going to nursery 3 days/15 hours per week he's come on leaps and bounds 💙🌈 our youngest will be 3 at the end of March and he is just completely different to his two brothers. Can count to 20, can tell us colours, shapes, numbers you name it! We've never experienced a child at this age say, do and know all this stuff so we are amazed every day, but we are with all 3 of our boys and now know they will all get there in their own time 🤗 basically what I'm trying to say is..... Please don't compare your beautiful children with the Ryan twins or any other child. Every child is different (eugh I hate myself saying that 🤢) but it is true. If you feel your child needs extra help and support please go get it but don't let some lying twit on social media make you feel jealous because her robots can repeat what she says 🤖🤖
So sorry for the loooong post 😅
My Son is older than the Ryan twins and can only say a few words. I’ve been worried sick for a while now. Like you said I blame myself. I couldn’t even bring myself to watch the video she put up. I’m desperate to hear my Son’s little voice. He’s also started to get bouts of rage which I think is more to do with frustration rather than his age. I’ve been putting off getting in touch with my HV but as time is going on and his speech is not improving I think I may have to go down the same road😪

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My Son is older than the Ryan twins and can only say a few words. I’ve been worried sick for a while now. Like you said I blame myself. I couldn’t even bring myself to watch the video she put up. I’m desperate to hear my Son’s little voice. He’s also started to get bouts of rage which I think is more to do with frustration rather than his age. I’ve been putting off getting in touch with my HV but as time is going on and his speech is not improving I think I may have to go down the same road😪
I'm so sorry you feel that way, easier said than done but please don't blame yourself. I would definitely get in touch with your HV there is normally quite a long wait for SALT but there is a number of things they can do to help you and your son. Can I ask is your son at nursery? It's worth mentioning your concerns to them if he is as they can also get in touch with the right people and do focused activities at nursery to help with speech. If you ever need to chat you know where I am 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Wow.. Her blurb is so contradictory. "Please dont panic diet... Just do something sustainable". Meanwhile she post photos from the 12 week (starvation) transformation, which she admitted afterwards wasn't sustainable (!) in the long term and she went off track afterwards by putting most of the weight back on! Does she think people forget what she says!?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 24
All this for her is about how she looks. That's obvious and from her saying about going on holidays and nights out again, she is worried about how she will look in the photos. It has nothing to do with health. Because if it did she would not be doing diets that don't see her go above 1400 calories. She would be fueling her body properly and not with countless protein bars and yoghurts and sweetener filled drinks and chocolate spread. She would drink water and eat good amounts of whole foods. And she certainly wouldn't weigh a bloody cup of tea!! She annoys me so much, even more so in the run up to my period, sorry Nikki Ryan "star week", I'm so glad I unfollowed her as seeing her first every time I opened instagram was winding me up more and more, I now just come on here to see what shite she is spouting now. Fopperholic you have disordered eating. You can say all you like you eat healthy, you do not.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Wow.. Her blurb is so contradictory. "Please dont panic diet... Just do something sustainable". Meanwhile she post photos from the 12 week (starvation) transformation, which she admitted afterwards wasn't sustainable (!) in the long term and she went off track afterwards by putting most of the weight back on! Does she think people forget what she says!?
It would appear that sadly many of her dumb ass followers do.... 🙄🙄 I wonder it she's still paying twin set twit 🤷‍♀️ can't imagine he'd be the type to train her for no money !

Also any excuse to share that 'after' pic again..... even her before pic some people can dream of.... she's so damaging ...

Reactions: 22
We are months away from nights out and holiday’s and the road map isn’t exact! Who knows what impact it will have when schools go back? But this selfish bint doesn’t see that.....yet again she takes what she wants out of the plan and doesn’t give a tit about anybody else! But at least she can use it to spill the same old, boring, engagement!

Reactions: 24
she’s got issues BIG flipping issues there’s absolutely nothing wrong with the way she looks. She obsessed!

Reactions: 13
The reason she calls wine and treats beloved is because she restricts them so much like any normal person wouldn't think twice about having this as a treat but obviously it's a struggle for her to have them in her diet! It's quite sad really she's been like this for 20 years

Reactions: 17
I'm so sorry you feel that way, easier said than done but please don't blame yourself. I would definitely get in touch with your HV there is normally quite a long wait for SALT but there is a number of things they can do to help you and your son. Can I ask is your son at nursery? It's worth mentioning your concerns to them if he is as they can also get in touch with the right people and do focused activities at nursery to help with speech. If you ever need to chat you know where I am 😘
No. He’s not at Nursery. I work part time and I’m still feeding him myself. He never had his 2 year assessment because of COVID. I know it’s probably a multitude of things but I feel like I have tried everything. I’d say he maybe says a handful of distinguishable words. He’s not interested in books or flash cards. He just loves cars and planes and taking things apart just like his Daddy

Reactions: 13
just catching up....again....kids home schooling and me trying to remember how to do the complex maths work they get these days jeez it's immense so just dipping in where I can but wanted to say for all you lovely mommas with kids with speech delays or worrying about development, try not to, I speak from experience, I've got twins who are now eleven, my daughter was a chatty little thing yet my son didn't utter a word until he was almost 3 and a half, he would communicate with pointing and grunting.....very caveman like 😂 we joke about it now but at the time I was so worried how it would impact him going forward, he had speech therapy and it was play based, we carried it on at home, never pressured him, we just added it all into our daily routine, if I took an apple from the fruit bowl i'd say to him Apple or if I picked up a pan i'd look at him and say pan, as I was dressing him i'd say sock, pants, jumper etc it was little things like that that made all the difference, I couldn't see it at the time but with hindsight I really do.

Fast forward to now and I can only wish he'd be silent for a day ;) oh how i'd love a day of sign language or even grunts instead of the muuuuuum, muuuuuum, muuuuuum all day and his shrieks of excitement as he games with his friends on the PS (virtually of course) or the way he and his sister bicker non stop alllllll day long! I of course mean that in jest as even to this day the sound of him using his voice is music to my ears after worrying if he ever would.
So do not look at Nikkis twins and compare them to your own children, what my son was behind in he made up for in other areas and was miles ahead in smaller things we didn't see at the time. Her boys have been rushed and pushed into knowing all that they know and considering they've got years ahead of learning and school it's sad to see her being so regimented with their play, I remember when my son was three and we drove past a huge puddle on the corner of the street as we came home, he was ecstatic trying to point and sign he saw the puddle, we got home and he ran and got his wellies (cheers peppa) so I took him down to the huge puddle on the corner of our road and he jumped in it until his legs couldn't jump anymore and he was soaking, we got funny looks and im sure people thought we were bonkers but who cares? to this day it's one of my favourite memories of him being little, who cares if he didn't know colours inside out, numbers, letters, dinosaur names, he loved that puddle jump and hopefully has a head full of fun memories to go with it from his childhood, all those poor boys will remember is cue cards and sticker books!

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Just cos you can doesn’t mean you should! People like her are gonna ruin it for everyone else who are still gonan be careful!
woken up with a little bit of a spring in my stepbut know it can all change by June!

Reactions: 15
just catching up....again....kids home schooling and me trying to remember how to do the complex maths work they get these days jeez it's immense so just dipping in where I can but wanted to say for all you lovely mommas with kids with speech delays or worrying about development, try not to, I speak from experience, I've got twins who are now eleven, my daughter was a chatty little thing yet my son didn't utter a word until he was almost 3 and a half, he would communicate with pointing and grunting.....very caveman like 😂 we joke about it now but at the time I was so worried how it would impact him going forward, he had speech therapy and it was play based, we carried it on at home, never pressured him, we just added it all into our daily routine, if I took an apple from the fruit bowl i'd say to him Apple or if I picked up a pan i'd look at him and say pan, as I was dressing him i'd say sock, pants, jumper etc it was little things like that that made all the difference, I couldn't see it at the time but with hindsight I really do.

Fast forward to now and I can only wish he'd be silent for a day ;) oh how i'd love a day of sign language or even grunts instead of the muuuuuum, muuuuuum, muuuuuum all day and his shrieks of excitement as he games with his friends on the PS (virtually of course) or the way he and his sister bicker non stop alllllll day long! I of course mean that in jest as even to this day the sound of him using his voice is music to my ears after worrying if he ever would.
So do not look at Nikkis twins and compare them to your own children, what my son was behind in he made up for in other areas and was miles ahead in smaller things we didn't see at the time. Her boys have been rushed and pushed into knowing all that they know and considering they've got years ahead of learning and school it's sad to see her being so regimented with their play, I remember when my son was three and we drove past a huge puddle on the corner of the street as we came home, he was ecstatic trying to point and sign he saw the puddle, we got home and he ran and got his wellies (cheers peppa) so I took him down to the huge puddle on the corner of our road and he jumped in it until his legs couldn't jump anymore and he was soaking, we got funny looks and im sure people thought we were bonkers but who cares? to this day it's one of my favourite memories of him being little, who cares if he didn't know colours inside out, numbers, letters, dinosaur names, he loved that puddle jump and hopefully has a head full of fun memories to go with it from his childhood, all those poor boys will remember is cue cards and sticker books!
Thank you. Really helped to hear this. I’m in tears at the puddle story😭 Moments like that are what make motherhood worthwhile

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don’t know how she’s starting this garage conversion so quickly, she needs planning permission unless she’s not changing the front of it. I did a Garage conversion in my old house, cost around 10k and when sold it didn’t increase the house price at all. I don’t see the point in losing a garage when she has plenty of space, whereas I did it as we lived in a small 3 bed

Reactions: 12
Does anybody else just want to punch her in the face!! That laugh at the end of her stories, who actually cares. So you are having the bedroom decorated and the garage converted!! Stop bragging when people are actually struggling....and another new top???

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Thank you. Really helped to hear this. I’m in tears at the puddle story😭 Moments like that are what make motherhood worthwhile
gave me a tear typing it, I promise you'll look back and wonder why you worried so much, of course it's totally natural to do so at the time, I was a stress ball, just wish I could go back and tell myself not to spend so much time worrying and just live in the moment more, even now when I drive past the puddle jump site on wet days (we've since moved house) I have a little lump in my throat but a smile on my face, it's totally the little things that count ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.