Fopperholic #65 don't understand this covid lark, quick boy's let's find another park

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of my friends has asked for suggestions on her house extension and I’m tempted to say put your oven by your dining table but she’ll think I’ve lost my marbles 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
4 guys got fined for driving on a motorway to get McDonald's. Loads of people will get caught out.

Reactions: 15
View attachment 370778Ssshhh don’t tell the wife, she’ll forgive another woman but not complex carbohydrates
First time picking up my phone in a week since being struck down by covid (I’m a nurse, have been dodging it but it got me in the end) and I see this, I swear I about lost a lung when the laughing triggered a coughing fit 😂😂😂. Excellent work 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
The police are fining people on the spot at the moment. I don’t even want to leave the house unless I absolutely have too. Just seen that one in 30 people now have covid in London ( according to Sadiq Khan).

how she isn’t taking this seriously is beyond me..

Reactions: 16
The police are fining people on the spot at the moment. I don’t even want to leave the house unless I absolutely have too. Just seen that one in 30 people now have covid in London ( according to Sadiq Khan).

how she isn’t taking this seriously is beyond me..
Seriously infuriating

Reactions: 7
Having to drive to work everyday I feel safe once there as there are only three of us but hate being out on the roads especially when icy as would hate to be a burden on the NHS (I have family members working so hard on covid wards and A & E) if I have an accident. But I can't work from home atm because our remote access for my main business keeps going wrong our poor IT consultants are probably sick of me this week. I can't work from home until it's sorted as all my clients are working and I need access to their files and records. I feel guilty though I'm not even breaking the rules. As a small business I need to work. Especially if it means I can continue my volunteering on the side. Would hate to have to give that up because it helps youth mental health.

I was so glad it's Friday not to have time off work but to know that I can stay home safe and off the roads. All she does is gallivant for kicks

• Heart
Having to drive to work everyday I feel safe once there as there are only three of us but hate being out on the roads especially when icy as would hate to be a burden on the NHS (I have family members working so hard on covid wards and A & E) if I have an accident. But I can't work from home atm because our remote access for my main business keeps going wrong our poor IT consultants are probably sick of me this week. I can't work from home until it's sorted as all my clients are working and I need access to their files and records. I feel guilty though I'm not even breaking the rules. As a small business I need to work. Especially if it means I can continue my volunteering on the side. Would hate to have to give that up because it helps youth mental health.

I was so glad it's Friday not to have time off work but to know that I can stay home safe and off the roads. All she does is gallivant for kicks
I know how you feel . I am still going out to work as well as I work in a hotel ( we are only accepting bookings from essential workers) yet the sheer number of idiots who still ring up or just randomly turn up is unbelievable. These people get turned away but WTF .. are they living under a rock!!? ( sorry for derailing the thread). I just cannot fathom her decisions to go out every day when she doesn’t need too.

Reactions: 10
I know how you feel . I am still going out to work as well as I work in a hotel ( we are only accepting bookings from essential workers) yet the sheer number of idiots who still ring up or just randomly turn up is unbelievable. These people get turned away but WTF .. are they living under a rock!!? ( sorry for derailing the thread). I just cannot fathom her decisions to go out every day when she doesn’t need too.
Wow people are just turning up for a night or weekend away?

• Wow
Wow people are just turning up for a night or weekend away?
Yes - there a good few who turn up on a daily basis who try and pull the wool over our eyes. We currently are a skeleton crew and luckily we are all tough as to who we let through the door . In order to stay people need to have a letter from their employer on headed paper stating their reasons for staying at the hotel . If they don’t have this then they are immediately rejected. Before Xmas we had a brief period where people where calling ( sometimes at 3.30am) and prentending they were coming for a funeral.. people think you have come in on the last train and you haven’t hears their BS before.

• Wow
Yes - there a good few who turn up on a daily basis who try and pull the wool over our eyes. We currently are a skeleton crew and luckily we are all tough as to who we let through the door . In order to stay people need to have a letter from their employer on headed paper stating their reasons for staying at the hotel . If they don’t have this then they are immediately rejected. Before Xmas we had a brief period where people where calling ( sometimes at 3.30am) and prentending they were coming for a funeral.. people think you have come in on the last train and you haven’t hears their BS before.
My partner's family sadly lost a family member a few weeks ago and there is a funeral being arranged I worry as the daughter of the person who passed away has a three hour journey each way and can't possibly do that in the same day and attend a funeral they would be so tired from crying etc and then drive on dangerous roads in the dark. obviously they can't stay with any family I worry if a hotel would turn them away when it really is genuine. The poor family have had two deaths recently as well :-(

• Sad
Reactions: 8
My partner's family sadly lost a family member a few weeks ago and there is a funeral being arranged I worry as the daughter of the person who passed away has a three hour journey each way and can't possibly do that in the same day and attend a funeral they would be so tired from crying etc and then drive on dangerous roads in the dark. obviously they can't stay with any family I worry if a hotel would turn them away when it really is genuine. The poor family have had two deaths recently as well :-(
It is worth calling and speaking to staff before booking - we can generally work out when someone is telling the truth or not. We don’t ask for any proof as that isn’t nice so we would just accept the booking and not ask for proof.

I have been working in this job for a long while and believe me I have heard it all. I can also tell when people are being genuine.

• Heart
@wellwellwellitsanotherad - just tried to dm you and I wasn’t able too so this is what I typed.

I am really sorry to hear of the deaths in your partners family ☹. The reason why we ask for employment proof is because it means less argument from the person trying to book in. I have made is sound really strict ( and we are strict) but we are not arseholes. Through speaking to someone it’s quite easy to identify when someone is being genuine or not. So I would recommend the family member calling a hotel before she arrives and just let them know the situation. We don’t ask for any proof for funerals as it’s not a nice thing to do so we would just accept the persons word. I am so sorry if I have made you feel concerned about this - it wasn’t my intention at all.
stay safe :)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It is worth calling and speaking to staff before booking - we can generally work out when someone is telling the truth or not. We don’t ask for any proof as that isn’t nice so we would just accept the booking and not ask for proof.

I have been working in this job for a long while and believe me I have heard it all. I can also tell when people are being genuine.
Thank you. Stay safe x

@wellwellwellitsanotherad - just tried to dm you and I wasn’t able too so this is what I typed.

I am really sorry to hear of the deaths in your partners family ☹. The reason why we ask for employment proof is because it means less argument from the person trying to book in. I have made is sound really strict ( and we are strict) but we are not arseholes. Through speaking to someone it’s quite easy to identify when someone is being genuine or not. So I would recommend the family member calling a hotel before she arrives and just let them know the situation. We don’t ask for any proof for funerals as it’s not a nice thing to do so we would just accept the persons word. I am so sorry if I have made you feel concerned about this - it wasn’t my intention at all.
stay safe :)
No you didn't make me feel concerned I was since Boris locked us back down as it's hard to help family when you can't offer them a bed for the night at such a difficult time and wasn't sure if hotels would be open or not. But I would rather everyone sticks to the rules and is safe anyway.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.