Footballers & Wags #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Manchester United have already made their decsion - they made it the moment they didn't come out and say "he's dropped" immediately.

It's despicable that they're dragging this out and it's crazy that people are willing to give them a pass until they come out and state their decision.
---
If Anouska's little business plan doesn't work out she can always take a leaf out of her husband's brother's book and start selling pictures of her dirty feet.

View attachment 2388287
---
View attachment 2388290
Attractive man, lovely feet. Would prefer them to be clean though. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 6
There's nothing special about Greenwood anyway.
This is what I don't get. If it was a Messi or some sort of other world beating, generational talent I could understand a club wanting to think twice (but ideally still getting to the conclusion that they should cut loose). But he's just one of many?!

Reactions: 12
This is what I don't get. If it was a Messi or some sort of other world beating, generational talent I could understand a club wanting to think twice (but ideally still getting to the conclusion that they should cut loose). But he's just one of many?!
I was going to make a comparison between hiw they'll get rid of CR7 but will take on an attempted rapist.

Then I remembered that CR7 is a rapist.

So maybe they just don't care.

I think the difference with the Greenwood situation is the audio was released. So there's no doubt.

Reactions: 5
Its behind a paywall but The Athletic are posting that some staff members have even been talking about striking.
Surely they've got to think is 1 lad really worth all this
I’d imagine they know him/his attitude well too. Flouting Covid rules picking up girls while on England duty in Iceland probably did him no favours.

Reactions: 9
Surely his contract must include some clause about not bringing the clubs image into disrepute, plenty of people have such clauses in their contracts in companies where pr and image is important. So even though he hasn't been found guilty in a court of law, he is still bad for the brand and that should be enough to have his contract terminated.

Reactions: 13
Manchester United have already made their decsion - they made it the moment they didn't come out and say "he's dropped" immediately.

It's despicable that they're dragging this out and it's crazy that people are willing to give them a pass until they come out and state their decision.
---
If Anouska's little business plan doesn't work out she can always take a leaf out of her husband's brother's book and start selling pictures of her dirty feet.

View attachment 2388287
---
View attachment 2388290
Jeez is he still doing that? Giiiiirl.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Here you go love and anyone else who wants to read it
That first paragraph about the "types of images released" explains so much about all the PR surrounding Rashford.

If they win - he's in the images, even if he's not involved in the goal. If they lose - he's no where to be seen.

Honestly I'm not a Man Utd fan but the whole club is just so slimy.

Here you go love and anyone else who wants to read it
Thank you. Great reporting by The Athletic, it has to be said.

“Both Ten Hag and the club’s football director, John Murtough, are supportive and encouraging of Greenwood’s return.” 🤢🤬

Either way this ends up, Man U have lost A LOT of face in this. Obvious reasons for if he’s allowed back but if he’s not (and EVERYONE at the club was against him coming back) it still took a long time to come to that decision. February-August to say “we’re terminating your contact, here’s £££.” Or to send him out on loan?

There will be plenty of our players who dont care either way but even those against its not like they can speak out.
I guarantee we will have players who've seen their Mum being abused or even their partner might have been abused/sa in the past :(

Reactions: 8
The problem with Greenwood from a football perspective is that all fans do this, they build up a player who isn't playing (for whatever reason) as the best thing since sliced bread. This is more so when a club is perceived to be struggling. I remember as an Arsenal fan people clamouring for Joel Campbell to play even though he was shite.

I heard someone say the other day that supposedly Greenwood is the best finisher ever seen at the academy. United aren't where they want to be and haven't been for some time so I can see the desperation for a new 'messiah'. But being the best player at the academy means nothing. Charlie Patino was supposed to be the second coming of Fabregas at Arsenal but he is being loaned out again and his last spell was nothing to write home about.

It is utterly abhorrent, but to the average knuckledragger they just care about the ball going in the net when they're pissed down the pub.

There will be plenty of our players who dont care either way but even those against its not like they can speak out.
I guarantee we will have players who've seen their Mum being abused or even their partner might have been abused/sa in the past :(
And they have daughters. Would they be so chill if it was their daughter? I feel sick at the thought of him returning

Reactions: 10
It is utterly abhorrent, but to the average knuckledragger they just care about the ball going in the net when they're pissed down the pub.
Absolutely, worshipping a player like a hero just because they sometimes score goals and ignore what they're like behind closed doors. For some of them, MG's life runs adjacent to their own excluding the millions of pounds of course.

He was quite a selfish player from what I remember. I remember Ronaldo getting annoyed with him hogging the ball at one point which makes a change for him 😂 I also remember rashford getting frustrated with him a few times.

A lady I follow on Twitter pointed out that usually ex players/pundits can't wait to talk about Utd. Yet this the silence is deafening.
Ex rivals especially can't wait to see us negatively

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.