Footballers & Wags #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mason Greenwood's girlfriend did the hard part releasing those pictures and audio.

Do I believe he's an abuser - yes. Do I believe he should be deprived of his livelihood - if he'd been convicted yes - without a conviction I'm not sure.

Luke McCormick killed 2 brothers while drunk driving, went to jail, came out and resumed his career at a lower level. No pitchforks involved

It seems that the court of public opinion is more important than the court of law these days.

And I'm sorry, but you can't release material like his girlfriend did and not be prepared to stand by it. Its not victim blaming - its pure common sense.

But then I'm in my 50s so I'm coming from a different angle to younger people.

And at the end of the day SHE has forgiven him. SHE has went back to him. SHE has had his baby. If you're all so concerned about victims rights ask HER what she wants!!!

I will indulge in a bit of victim blaming now. If these two break up, any lassie that goes near him deserves everything she gets - cos it's all there - how vicious he is. But he'll meet some daftey who'll think she'll be the one to change him!!! Women - we're our own worst enemies!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
And I'm sorry, but you can't release material like his girlfriend did and not be prepared to stand by it. Its not victim blaming - its pure common sense.
SHE wasn't the one who released it, I do love how all your comments are about how the victim has acted :rolleyes:

Reactions: 17
SHE wasn't the one who released it, I do love how all your comments are about how the victim has acted :rolleyes:
I also said he's an abuser.

Someone needs to put a stop to it. And his girlfriend has the evidence.

The police should have a way of getting that evidence and taking MG to court. They managed it with Caroline Flack. And supposedly her boyfriend didn't want charges brought either but that didn't stop them - so the same principals should apply here.

But we seem to be focussing on the football rather than the legal side.

This is a legal matter and the police and courts should be dealing with it. Man unt aren't the bad guys here (well they are but that's a morality issue rather than a legal one) it's the courts and police - again - who have let down a victim.

Reactions: 2

The police should have a way of getting that evidence and taking MG to court. They managed it with Caroline Flack. And supposedly her boyfriend didn't want charges brought either but that didn't stop them - so the same principals should apply here.

This is a legal matter and the police and courts should be dealing with it. Man unt aren't the bad guys here (well they are but that's a morality issue rather than a legal one) it's the courts and police - again - who have let down a victim.
They will have had the evidence. That's why it was going to court but the key witness withdrawing their cooperation and the fact that circumstances changed (them being back together and her being pregnant mostly likely), would have meant the case was unlikely to stand up in court. That's probably why it collapsed. How and why the evidence changed won't ever be known.

If Caroline Flack and her boyfriend were back together through choice or otherwise or evidence coming to light that would have put the case in jeopardy, I assume the same would have happened to that case.

He broke his bail conditions 3 times I believe, once where he was remanded in custody until someone paid his bail. What happened when he broke those conditions, no one will ever know without a court case. However, breaking bail conditions is a crime in itself but don't know if that changes of the case falls through.

It's easy to say that she has forgiven him, she has made that choice etc but from her side, we don't know what goes on privately. She may have decided to go back there or she may have been coerced by him or even her family to get back with him. It's been known in the press that her dad has said he is part of the family so where does that leave her.

The difference with this situation and let's say the Mendy case is that it hasn't gone to court. All the evidence hasn't been laid out in public and a verdict passed. It feels like he's got away with it. Legally MG hasn't done anything wrong (makes me feel sick) although what is in public domain says otherwise imo. That's why it's taking utd a while to do their investigation because if they terminate his contract, he could have grounds to sue the club but I think they should encourage him to go elsewhere. Personally, I don't think this will be the last we hear of MG in this context unfortunately.

In my opinion the case should have still gone to court despite witnesses dropping out but I'm not a lawyer so not sure how difficult it would have been to have a trial and get a conviction if there is now reasonable doubt. If anyone has legal experience, it would be interesting to hear.

Reactions: 14
Mason Greenwood's girlfriend did the hard part releasing those pictures and audio.

Do I believe he's an abuser - yes. Do I believe he should be deprived of his livelihood - if he'd been convicted yes - without a conviction I'm not sure.

Luke McCormick killed 2 brothers while drunk driving, went to jail, came out and resumed his career at a lower level. No pitchforks involved

It seems that the court of public opinion is more important than the court of law these days.

But then I'm in my 50s so I'm coming from a different angle to younger people.

And at the end of the day SHE has forgiven him. SHE has went back to him. SHE has had his baby. If you're all so concerned about victims rights ask HER what she wants!!!

I will indulge in a bit of victim blaming now. If these two break up, any lassie that goes near him deserves everything she gets - cos it's all there - how vicious he is. But he'll meet some daftey who'll think she'll be the one to change him!!! Women - we're our own worst enemies!!!

The only part I agree with is this should serve as a warning to any female thinking of going anywhere near MG to stay away.
I donā€™t think you can compare it to LM. He committed a terrible crime with tragic consequences and was convicted and served his sentence. His club are rehabilitating an offender.
Melissa Reddy quoted statistics about how hard it is for victims to leave abusers. She is a young girl who would have needed a lot of support to leave him. It doesnā€™t sound as if she got that from immediate family and if they played down the abuse this may have encouraged her to try again. Justice system should have prosecuted but if she refuses to give evidence unlikely they can secure a conviction.
I donā€™t doubt he will do it again. So sad a baby is now involved. Domestic violence is one of the most harmful forms of abuse for a child to be exposed to.
I hope Man U do the right thing and donā€™t send the message if you can kick a ball you can get away with anything.

Reactions: 15
MGs victim has been with him since they were kids. Itā€™s not impossible that heā€™s gaslit her into ā€œbabe Iā€™ve changedā€ and because she loves him sheā€™s fallen for it. Is it silly to get back with him and tie yourself to him, yes. Do I blame her? No, poor girl has probably been twisted into it. Her dad supported MG so the Main male figure in her life has also got a warped idea of whatā€™s acceptable, if youā€™re a young woman and your dads telling you your Bf assaulting you is a ā€œmistakeā€ and the BF is pestering you and begging you heā€™s different or whatever, I can see why she caved. That poor girl has been failed by everyone close to her. She surely cannot have an older sister or brother that would allow this? . Her friends are probably taken in by the lifestyle And her parents donā€™t care?

He absolutely cannot be allowed to play especially not in one of the biggest leagues in the world. What message does that send to kids? If youā€™re good at football you be a wife beater/sex offender and still be allowed to play?

Reactions: 28
The Mason Greenwood is an incredibly difficult situation.

Personally I do think that he attacked his girlfriend and he should have faced trial for this.

However she seems to have withdrawn her complaint. I saw a post on twitter which alluded to her taking money to drop the allegations. Someone, who was calling greenwood for everything and said he shouldn't play football again, said she was right to take the money as victims are treated so badly by the court system

But for me, this is were this situation becomes difficult. I think we're all agreed Greenwood is a bad guy who should face trial. But his girlfriend has basically set off a bomb, accepted cash, went back to him and now had a baby with him like nothing has happened!!!

I know they say that domestic abuse victims can take 4 or 5 attempts before they break away from abusers but this lassie seemed to have much more support, personal and public, than your average victim. And honestly, if that's her choice to go back, that's fine. But FFS don't bring a baby into this situation.
BIBā€™s - Youā€™ve basically contradicted yourself! 4 or 5 attempts to break away is true so itā€™s clearly not a choice to go back! Thereā€™s clearly control there from both him and her parents. Half the internet turned on her for revealing what happened to her, loads of disbelief accusations. When her family want her to take the money shut up, where else do you expect her to go other then back to him?
Going back to an abuser and dropping a complaint doesnā€™t make them innocent and especially not someone who should be put on a pedestal and adored by young football fans across the world!

Reactions: 19
[email protected] for anyone who wants to contact the club regarding this, like I did this morning. it'll probably do nothing, but if anything it was quite therapeutic

• Heart
Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I just can't get passed the fact he has shown a big fat ZERO remorse....no apology for the evidence that's out there nothing!! If he now comes out with one it will have ZERO credibility as it would literally be because he has been told to apologize by the club as a way of trying to sway opinions

Reactions: 16
Luckily UEFA are immune to financial incentives :sneaky:

Mason Greenwood is a piece of tit, the tapes showed that. It's interesting that looking on the comments on SM posts a lot of the women defending him are older, yet I often hear about 'back in my day we would have sorted so and so out not given them a soft prison sentence' etc etc.

Amazing what a bit of money and status can do to a situation. Personally if I was ever in that situation as the victim's parent, with that level of evidence available, I would have taken his power away by smashing his legs with a sledgehammer. I doubt any of the people currently defending him would be arsed about his return if he wasn't regarded as 'potentially good at kicking at football'.

Her parents definitely failed her, seduced by the promise of residual wealth. If Mason worked down the chippy and did it would the reaction be the same? Sadly it seems he is a walking lottery ticket and so can do whatever he likes to whomever he likes as long as they all value money more than anything else.

I wonder what Gary PlauchƩ would have made of it all.

• Heart
Is this for real? Surely not! šŸ˜” How much will that cost them?

View attachment 2387777
Nah that makes a mockery of it. Wildcard like itā€™s bleeping 2010s X factor or something.

Also thatā€™s not really a wildcard if the winners get it. Thatā€™s just bleeping normal qualification.

Wildcard a random non league team from Europe in there then
---
[email protected] for anyone who wants to contact the club regarding this, like I did this morning. it'll probably do nothing, but if anything it was quite therapeutic
Did this too. I think all fans of football need to.

Reactions: 9
All who emailed šŸ˜— You'll get the same reply as I did but hopefully the amount of backlash will change their minds

Reactions: 13
Luckily UEFA are immune to financial incentives :sneaky:

Mason Greenwood is a piece of tit, the tapes showed that. It's interesting that looking on the comments on SM posts a lot of the women defending him are older, yet I often hear about 'back in my day we would have sorted so and so out not given them a soft prison sentence' etc etc.

Amazing what a bit of money and status can do to a situation. Personally if I was ever in that situation as the victim's parent, with that level of evidence available, I would have taken his power away by smashing his legs with a sledgehammer. I doubt any of the people currently defending him would be arsed about his return if he wasn't regarded as 'potentially good at kicking at football'.

Her parents definitely failed her, seduced by the promise of residual wealth. If Mason worked down the chippy and did it would the reaction be the same? Sadly it seems he is a walking lottery ticket and so can do whatever he likes to whomever he likes as long as they all value money more than anything else.

I wonder what Gary PlauchƩ would have made of it all.
He should never play football again in my opinion, horrible person.

Reactions: 10
But that leaves the thorny question of what to do with Greenwood. And for me, no conviction means no sanction. Cos if not anyone could post anything on the Internet and someone could lose their livelihood.

But Man Unt don't have to play him but would need to pay him off. Wonder what the girlfriend would say if he was Mason Greenwood unemployed footballer???
I don't believe that an organisation of that size and standing doesn't have a morality clause in their employees contracts.
I had one when I worked for a local authority and a large corporation and a Trade Union FFS! It means that if your behaviour outside of the workplace could be seen as to bring the reputation of the organisation into disrepute you could face disciplinary action or dismissal.
Employers don't need a criminal conviction to take action against bad behaviour outside work.

Sam Avery posted on his Insta yesterday, "talent and financial value far outweigh any morality.......and if Mason Greenwood was crap at footie we would not be having this conversation".

Reactions: 18
His fans also think for some reason he'll come back & be scoring hattricks each game, they forget he's not played in over a Year. So who knows the standard he's at.

Reactions: 12
Manchester United have already made their decsion - they made it the moment they didn't come out and say "he's dropped" immediately.

It's despicable that they're dragging this out and it's crazy that people are willing to give them a pass until they come out and state their decision.
---
If Anouska's little business plan doesn't work out she can always take a leaf out of her husband's brother's book and start selling pictures of her dirty feet.

Screenshot_20230818_140940_Photos.jpg

---
Screenshot_20230818_140940_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
You would think a club as big as Man United wouldnā€™t toy with the idea of letting a person like Mason Greenwood wear their shirt and be associated with them, I hope it would carry massive repercussions if they allowed him back.

As for Harriet I donā€™t know what to say in regards to her I just hope her pregnancy wasnā€™t toxic as that can pass on to the baby emotionally.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.