Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LtKit

The Mason Greenwood is an incredibly difficult situation.

Personally I do think that he attacked his girlfriend and he should have faced trial for this.

However she seems to have withdrawn her complaint. I saw a post on twitter which alluded to her taking money to drop the allegations. Someone, who was calling greenwood for everything and said he shouldn't play football again, said she was right to take the money as victims are treated so badly by the court system

But for me, this is were this situation becomes difficult. I think we're all agreed Greenwood is a bad guy who should face trial. But his girlfriend has basically set off a bomb, accepted cash, went back to him and now had a baby with him like nothing has happened!!!

I know they say that domestic abuse victims can take 4 or 5 attempts before they break away from abusers but this lassie seemed to have much more support, personal and public, than your average victim. And honestly, if that's her choice to go back, that's fine. But FFS don't bring a baby into this situation.

If she was my daughter, I'd have locked her in her bedroom for the rest of her life.

But that leaves the thorny question of what to do with Greenwood. And for me, no conviction means no sanction. Cos if not anyone could post anything on the Internet and someone could lose their livelihood.

But Man Unt don't have to play him but would need to pay him off. Wonder what the girlfriend would say if he was Mason Greenwood unemployed footballer???

I'm sorry but she should have stood by her allegations.
It's actually not a difficult situation at all. This isn't a situation where just anyone posted anything about him. He was recorded abusing his girlfriend and the recordings were posted by his girlfriend. He breached the terms of his bail, to get to her again. These are crimes.

Here are statistics about how long it takes to leave. Victims of abuse struggle to leave for a variety of reasons. She may have received public support but there are hateful trolls online who bullied her for exposing him. Public support does not equal private support from the people either. She has a father who referred to her abuser as a part of their family in a statement to the DailyMail. Who knows what he says to her in private

None of this is her fault. This is Mason's doing. He committed these acts. He should not be allowed to play professionally again. Manchester United should not allow him back. It's the wrong decision morally and commercially.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Violetroselily

VIP Member

Personally I do think that he attacked his girlfriend and he should have faced trial for this.

However she seems to have withdrawn her complaint. I saw a post on twitter which alluded to her taking money to drop the allegations. Someone, who was calling greenwood for everything and said he shouldn't play football again, said she was right to take the money as victims are treated so badly by the court system

But for me, this is were this situation becomes difficult. I think we're all agreed Greenwood is a bad guy who should face trial. But his girlfriend has basically set off a bomb, accepted cash, went back to him and now had a baby with him like nothing has happened!!!

I know they say that domestic abuse victims can take 4 or 5 attempts before they break away from abusers but this lassie seemed to have much more support, personal and public, than your average victim. And honestly, if that's her choice to go back, that's fine. But FFS don't bring a baby into this situation.

If she was my daughter, I'd have locked her in her bedroom for the rest of her life.

But that leaves the thorny question of what to do with Greenwood. And for me, no conviction means no sanction. Cos if not anyone could post anything on the Internet and someone could lose their livelihood.

But Man Unt don't have to play him but would need to pay him off. Wonder what the girlfriend would say if he was Mason Greenwood unemployed footballer???

"I'm sorry but she should have stood by her allegations"

Yes let's all blame her for not pursuing the charges. She isn't the first - and won't be the last - victim to stay in an abusive relationship, and no one knows what her support network is like. In fact if you believe what was reported at the time, her parents (or her dad at least) leave a lot to be desired in terms of how they supported her.

Dropped charges don't erase the awful recordings and images that everyone has seen. A man who inflicts that kind of abuse is clearly a danger to women and for a club to (potentially) make a commercial decision to keep him on is just morally wrong

Reactions: 36

flappyflapflaps

From what I'm reading regarding the recordings and images they are saying she was lying....
What innocent man in his right mind would go back to a woman who had accused them of r*pe, sexual and physical violence and coercive control if he’s been falsely accused, and then have a baby with her? More like he’s guilty as hell and knows he can control her beyond all doubt and right in front of everyone’s noses now #GuiltyasHell

Reactions: 31

pixxyy

VIP Member

I think thats quite a black & white way of looking at it. Its easy to say she should leave/her parents should lock her in her room etc but seriously thats not realistic one bit.
She's been with him for a long time & she loves him & prob belives him each time he says he wont do it again.

"But that leaves the thorny question of what to do with Greenwood. And for me, no conviction means no sanction. Cos if not anyone could post anything on the Internet and someone could lose their livelihood."

This bit though WTF so we can have evidence of abuse be it pics/video/audio but if no charges means we have to ignore it

• Heart
Reactions: 29

redstraw16

VIP Member
Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged. That said, as Mason publicly acknowledges today, he has made mistakes which he is taking responsibility for.

🤨🤨🤨 I don’t even know what to say to that.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

wordzalad

VIP Member
MGs victim has been with him since they were kids. It’s not impossible that he’s gaslit her into “babe I’ve changed” and because she loves him she’s fallen for it. Is it silly to get back with him and tie yourself to him, yes. Do I blame her? No, poor girl has probably been twisted into it. Her dad supported MG so the Main male figure in her life has also got a warped idea of what’s acceptable, if you’re a young woman and your dads telling you your Bf assaulting you is a “mistake” and the BF is pestering you and begging you he’s different or whatever, I can see why she caved. That poor girl has been failed by everyone close to her. She surely cannot have an older sister or brother that would allow this? . Her friends are probably taken in by the lifestyle And her parents don’t care?

He absolutely cannot be allowed to play especially not in one of the biggest leagues in the world. What message does that send to kids? If you’re good at football you be a wife beater/sex offender and still be allowed to play?

Reactions: 28

wordzalad

VIP Member
My boyfriend is in a good mood.

Anyone want him?, Looks a bit like Bernardo if you fancy him, makes nice gyros, Brighton fan?? Collection preferred but will deliver xx

• Haha

Diddikins

VIP Member
This is the reply Utd are sending out to all the emails

Thank you for taking the time to email Manchester United. We note and understand your strength of feeling on this matter.

This has been a difficult case for everyone associated with the Club, and we recognise the strong opinions it has provoked.

Since charges were dropped against Mason Greenwood in February, we have conducted our own investigation into the allegations made against him, and we want to assure you that the welfare and perspective of the alleged victim has been central to the club’s inquiries.

As a club, we are extremely mindful of the views of our supporters, but we also believe that our decision in this case should be based primarily on the findings of our investigation.

As communicated yesterday, despite media reports, we have not yet reached a final decision. When we do, we will communicate and explain it through club channels.

We assure you that we are listening to carefully to your views and ask for patience as we work through the final stages of this considered process.

Kind regards,

Manchester United Football Club
Translated as, thanks for your email, we get that you’re concerned but we’ll do what the hell we want regardless.

• Sad

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Oh wow look at this PR damage control 😬
Fuck off Jordan. You're a money motivated hypocrite. End of.

It's just like all the bollocks all the Qatar ambassadors spouted when representing the Qatar WC, saying they could make a difference etc. When it was clearly all just a big pile of money coming their way.

Reactions: 27

BDY_97

VIP Member
This is unbelievably fucking weird… Anyone who has any “booking enquiries” about a 4 year old needs their hard drive checked.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27

HaloGirl

VIP Member

Regarding his partner I think it’s more complex than that. She’s young was with him aged 17 so first love? They have broken and got back together numerous times and her father was supportive of him as they had treated him like a member of the family. I don’t think the baby was planned.
Re the sanctions - the audio and photos tell a story and in the public domain. Speaking as a United fan he shouldn’t come back because of them. we have a women’s team and a guy returning who hit his girlfriend once maybe more times causing her injuries to the men’s team? Doesn’t make sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

futbolista

VIP Member
She scored the game winning goal and from what it sounds like, found out her father died after the match. During the match (I didn’t watch) she lifted a shirt that said her friends moms name who just died. How awful

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

Shhhh111

Chatty Member
Why did they even include that in the statement? Did mg's team make that a condition for him agreeing to the release?
I can only assume they did, in agreement for his contract to be terminated because WTAF??? 😲

CLEARED OF ALL CHARGES IS NOT THE FUCKING SAME!! Are you kidding me! 🤬

• Angry
Reactions: 25
a little bit of an inside scoop on anouska santos (luke shaw gf) and her brand treats ... its coming to an end now because she has been found out. buying $3 necklaces on alibaba/aliexpress and then reselling for £85 - been scamming everyone spending extortionate amounts of money on cheap crap ...
---
a little bit of an inside scoop on anouska santos (luke shaw gf) and her brand treats ... its coming to an end now because she has been found out. buying $3 necklaces on alibaba/aliexpress and then reselling for £85 - been scamming everyone spending extortionate amounts of money on cheap crap ...
its also the fact that she's making her famous pals, mollymae, sasha attwood and other fellow wags promote this cheap crap and they know as well what she does - i just feel sorry for the impressionable young girls who make up most of their audiences, spending so much money on worthless jewellery :(

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24