Footballers & Wags #48

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone explain why all these players seem to choose Chelsea over Liverpool.....I don't see it myself 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ also if Chelsea don't get hit by ffp then the league is corrupt ( I'm also very aware coming from a city fan who's club has 115 charges hanging over them)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Can someone explain why all these players seem to choose Chelsea over Liverpool.....I don't see it myself 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ also if Chelsea don't get hit by ffp then the league is corrupt ( I'm also very aware coming from a city fan who's club has 115 charges hanging over them)
I mean its fun to see all the 'liverpool in the mud/liverpool rejected' stuff but surely Liverpools the best option

Read that the Timber injury is yet another ACL :(

• Sad
Reactions: 6
A poor guy’s died on the Everton stadium build 😔 just saw the statement Everton put out.

I work in and out of construction and architecture PR so I’ve been learning a lot about the build through work and followed it’s progress/written stories about it, it’s such a large scale project that the level of safety precautions/site visits involved mean you just never expect anything like that to happen.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
The amount of Arsenal fans I'm seeing moaning that's their title push gone because of timbers injury 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I wonder what it could possibly be… 💰💰💰 The wages they offer are outrageous

Reactions: 7
I wonder what it could possibly be… 💰💰💰 The wages they offer are outrageous
I wonder if staying in London vs the North West has anything to do with it too? Particularly Caicedo’s case where family could be travelling back and forth to Ecuador. The amount of times I see Lucas Digne flying Brum to Paris on Insta 🙄

Reactions: 3
I wonder if staying in London vs the North West has anything to do with it too? Particularly Caicedo’s case where family could be travelling back and forth to Ecuador. The amount of times I see Lucas Digne flying Brum to Paris on Insta 🙄
Probably. Personally I don’t see the attraction of London, I would much rather live in Cheshire with Liverpool & Manchester nearby 🤣

Just me or is this the standard of what we used to have as starting lineup lol

Reactions: 2
Probably. Personally I don’t see the attraction of London, I would much rather live in Cheshire with Liverpool & Manchester nearby 🤣
I prefer Manchester and Liverpool to London too 🤣. I lived in Manchester for a bit and it was lovely

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Caicedo has now officially been confirmed as a Chelsea player, I have to say though I love De Zerbi's comment that he made before the opening match against Luton "Bigger clubs can buy our players but they can't buy our soul or spirit."

I prefer Manchester and Liverpool to London too 🤣. I lived in Manchester for a bit and it was lovely
I like Liverpool had a few trips to the theatre with my Mum, my only prob is for some reason she had to tell everyone we met that I support Utd :rolleyes:
She did the same at the Etihad but thankfully it was when Take That were on

• Haha
Caicedo has now officially been confirmed as a Chelsea player, I have to say though I love De Zerbi's comment that he made before the opening match against Luton "Bigger clubs can buy our players but they can't buy our soul or spirit."
Brighton must be making a tonne of money with bigger clubs buying from them. Interested to see how they use it apart form buying other players
---
What the eff is this Monday night show with Neville and Carragher? 🤦🏼‍♀️ If it's not enough torture listening to them on commentary, we've got to listen to this crap too

8 years of a guaranteed £250k a week

Personally can see Chelsea have problems like Barcelona, having to offload players they don’t want to, ask them to reduce their salaries or being unable to register new players. Fans shouldn’t be celebrating their club making all these record transfers with ridiculous wages, where do they think the money is coming from? Their club was in 12th position last year and no guarantee of top 6 this year so no European football of any kind TV deals, they’re gonna have to find the money elsewhere whether that’s through increased ticket prices or just a complete lack of investment for years when all these 8 year contracts are dwindling down. They’ve got a manager that couldn’t win Ligue 1 with PSG but think he can compete with Pep’s City. When you have Mount that’s an academy player and life time fan leaving with other players saying it’s not the Chelsea they knew it’s an even bigger mystery why anyone would go there.

Reactions: 11
What the eff is this Monday night show with Neville and Carragher? 🤦🏼‍♀️ If it's not enough torture listening to them on commentary, we've got to listen to this crap too
I'm missing that as MUTV show the pre match build up free. I'm just hoping I dont have to refresh my stream much during the game

Reactions: 2

Personally can see Chelsea have problems like Barcelona, having to offload players they don’t want to, ask them to reduce their salaries or being unable to register new players. Fans shouldn’t be celebrating their club making all these record transfers with ridiculous wages, where do they think the money is coming from? Their club was in 12th position last year and no guarantee of top 6 this year so no European football of any kind TV deals, they’re gonna have to find the money elsewhere whether that’s through increased ticket prices or just a complete lack of investment for years when all these 8 year contracts are dwindling down. They’ve got a manager that couldn’t win Ligue 1 with PSG but think he can compete with Pep’s City. When you have Mount that’s an academy player and life time fan leaving with other players saying it’s not the Chelsea they knew it’s an even bigger mystery why anyone would go there.
The changing of the rules so that transfer fees can only be spread over 5 years no matter how long the contract is means Chelsea have shelled out a hell of a lot this summer that can only be accounted for over 5 years. Unless Saudi buy half the squad, I just can't see how they can avoid FFP issues, like you say, no European football this year that is probably best part of £100m revenue gone this season. Currently no shirt sponsor, that's £20-30m easy they are missing out on a season at the moment.

The changing of the rules so that transfer fees can only be spread over 5 years no matter how long the contract is means Chelsea have shelled out a hell of a lot this summer that can only be accounted for over 5 years. Unless Saudi buy half the squad, I just can't see how they can avoid FFP issues, like you say, no European football this year that is probably best part of £100m revenue gone this season. Currently no shirt sponsor, that's £20-30m easy they are missing out on a season at the moment.
Apparently that's uefa but the prem has implemented it now but won't come into effect until next season 🙄🙄🙄

I saw someone say Chelsea fans celebrate transfers like they are trophies and it’s so true 🤣 They care more about signing the players that other clubs were after than actually winning games and having a proper plan/system, it’s going to cripple their club in years to come.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.