Footballers & Wags #48

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The changing of the rules so that transfer fees can only be spread over 5 years no matter how long the contract is means Chelsea have shelled out a hell of a lot this summer that can only be accounted for over 5 years. Unless Saudi buy half the squad, I just can't see how they can avoid FFP issues, like you say, no European football this year that is probably best part of £100m revenue gone this season. Currently no shirt sponsor, that's £20-30m easy they are missing out on a season at the moment.
Will those rules be applied retrospectively though? If it only has to be applied to future contracts it probably makes sense why they’re signing all these players now

Reactions: 2
Will those rules be applied retrospectively though? If it only has to be applied to future contracts it probably makes sense why they’re signing all these players now
I thought it was applied from this summer, but another poster says not until next season. But they've still spent so much even spread over 8years there is a lot of spending going on.

Reactions: 2
I’ve just seen the news about Timber potentially doing his ACL, still high on pain so trying to keep up lol thanks for everyones well wishes btw ❤ It’s actually scary how many players are getting seriously injured, and the thought of them having to play additional extra time is crazy. Can’t remember which game it was but one at the weekend had 11 minutes added on, that’s almost another quarter of a half.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve just seen the news about Timber potentially doing his ACL, still high on pain so trying to keep up lol thanks for everyones well wishes btw ❤ It’s actually scary how many players are getting seriously injured, and the thought of them having to play additional extra time is crazy. Can’t remember which game it was but one at the weekend had 11 minutes added on, that’s almost another quarter of a half.
The other day in a match between Northampton and Stevenage 9 minutes were added on in the 1st half and 15 minutes were added on in the 2nd half. The added time also doesn't help as a fan it is torture if your team is 1 goal up and it also doesn't help as we are going to see more players get injured and more goals been scored in added time. On the opening weekend of the English Football League these were the 5 longest matches.
Weekend's longest EFL matches
  • Northampton v Stevenage - League One - 112 mins 36 secs
  • Shrewsbury v Cheltenham - League One - 110 mins 47 secs
  • Accrington v Newport - League Two - 110 mins 47 secs
  • Sutton United v Notts County - League Two - 110 mins 41 secs
  • Barnsley v Port Vale - League One - 110 mins 33 secs

• Wow
Reactions: 6
hope you're feeling better!

regarding ACLs in men's football, perhaps this is slight confirmation bias on my part, but surely some of this is a result of too much football (not just in the PL) and some of these footballer's bodies, especially if they are particularly injury prone, not being able to handle the constant physical stress of playing after experiencing a few years of sometimes very heavy football with not enough rest/proper breaks

also pedro neto looks exactly like a portuguese mason mount. they look like long lost brothers and no one can tell me otherwise

Reactions: 3
I prefer Manchester and Liverpool to London too 🤣. I lived in Manchester for a bit and it was lovely
I’ve also lived in Manchester and agree! Still have a lot of lovely friends down there, mostly City supporters 🩵

• Heart
Reactions: 4
bloody stream had to refresh just as we scored :ROFLMAO:
---
@wordzalad Sorry the Ref was a twit

Last edited:
  • Heart
Wow Wolves have just been absolutely robbed of a penalty how on earth can VAR not give that.

If any utd fans moan about decisions not going their way this season they can suck a big fat one because that was a stonewall penalty

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If any utd fans moan about decisions not going their way this season they can suck a big fat one because that was a stonewall penalty
tbf it happens both ways to everyone. Just Today was our turn to be lucky. One Day they'll be decent people running VAR( we'll all be dead tho)

Reactions: 4
Honestly, we’ve had so many tit VAR calls against the big six 🙃. thought they’d at least pretend to check the monitor… or wait until mid way through the season.

I’m sure that ref will do the usual ref schtik and give a penalty in some random game as if that makes up for it 🙄. Also wait till Arteta or someone else protests for a peno and they won’t get booked for it but it O’Neil does??

Meh I think on a different night we would have got something 🙃. Still I think we played well.

Reactions: 8
What is the point? That won’t help and means nothing if Wolves are 1 point away from relegation (or europe) when May comes around. Not sure what’s worse, Onana with the rugby tackle or Jackson thinking he was playing basketball against us yesterday with that handball 🤣

What is the point? That won’t help and means nothing if Wolves are 1 point away from relegation (or europe) when May comes around. Not sure what’s worse, Onana with the rugby tackle or Jackson thinking he was playing basketball against us yesterday with that handball 🤣

Exactly I always say it but these idiots are going to seriously impact a team 1 day

Exactly I always say it but these idiots are going to seriously impact a team 1 day
Pickford getting away with what he did to van Dijk and not getting carded, supposedly because VVD was offside still blows my mind. If it had happened 50 metres away outside the stadium he’d have been arrested for GBH.

• Haha
I thought it was applied from this summer, but another poster says not until next season. But they've still spent so much even spread over 8years there is a lot of spending going on.
I think since they’re not in Europe it doesn’t apply to them as the FA rules aren’t the same as uefa.

Reactions: 1
And what they will do to “fix” it is wait until there’s another penalty call and give that…in a completely different game like they did with random cards and penalties last year 🙄.

I think it’s a peno and I’m aware I’m biased, duck knows with how the rest of our luck went that game it could have been saved or skied but we deserved the chance.

Reactions: 6
And what they will do to “fix” it is wait until there’s another penalty call and give that…in a completely different game like they did with random cards and penalties last year 🙄.

I think it’s a peno and I’m aware I’m biased, duck knows with how the rest of our luck went that game it could have been saved or skied but we deserved the chance.
i'm also biased on the other side and my entire twitter tl says same def a pen

Reactions: 1

Thought wolves were the better team tbh. Was surprised you didn't win or at least get a goal. Utd were shite. Probably shouldn't say that as a fan but they were all over the place and showing up some very selfish players I thought

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.