Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve remembered now that I came here to say it’s the Aston Villa end of season awards tonight and if I don’t get a Tyrone Mings suited and booted photo,
I’m going to be throwing hands 🤬
You got your wish… and you deserve it, seeing as we haven’t had anything good all season🥰😂

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Not used to players getting married while seasons still on, First The Diers now
Congrats to them I guess, but something doesn't sit right with me about this. Maybe I'm just cynical about everything involving him given the World Cup debacle. His Ariana Grande hand tattoos always make me laugh though

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I thought Ben looked very tan on Saturday (even for him) now we know he was perfecting his wedding day tan 😊
Milly looks beautiful. Had a nose at her comments and someone has put "countdown is on" so looks like a bigger wedding party is planned.

Sometimes if you find your match it just works, Met my bf in my teens, 25+ years still together.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Not used to players getting married while seasons still on, First The Diers now
i think she looks beautiful. I wonder though if this is the legal marriage in the uk and they’ll have an abroad wedding once the season is over? It just all seems too low key

Reactions: 8
genuinely think I could try and guess the squad now and be pretty much right, boring Southgate will strike again.

Reactions: 10
They’ll be having the party wedding abroad, I swear that is the rule in most countries if you want to go and “get married” there you have to be legally married in the UK first.

Reactions: 10
genuinely think I could try and guess the squad now and be pretty much right, boring Southgate will strike again.

Idk, there’s a lot of players injured right now so could see some new faces. I think I read somewhere that the city players will come later too because of them playing in the CL final.

Idk, there’s a lot of players injured right now so could see some new faces. I think I read somewhere that the city players will come later too because of them playing in the CL final.
There’s a few players who really did deserve to get picked and weren’t last time, and a few players who should just be given a long summer after this season so I hope you’re right. Problem is he doesn’t seem to pick based on form AT ALL.

Reactions: 9
The reason I don’t want MGW to get a call up? His bloody annoying girlfriend, who makes him her whole personality trait. God can just imagine her social media if that happens 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 11
There’s a few players who really did deserve to get picked and weren’t last time, and a few players who should just be given a long summer after this season so I hope you’re right. Problem is he doesn’t seem to pick based on form AT ALL.
The limited training time at international level means fewer changes should be made. International coaches who chop and change the whole time create instability in the team. Succesful international coaches generally find a selection that works and stick to it, especially in between tournaments. In a tournament there is obviously more time to work in training with the players so they can adjust a bit easier.

He’s going to just pick his mates again 🙄. We will get nowhere with him
He's brought England further than any coach since 1966. At some point he deserves credit.

The limited training time at international level means fewer changes should be made. International coaches who chop and change the whole time create instability in the team. Succesful international coaches generally find a selection that works and stick to it, especially in between tournaments. In a tournament there is obviously more time to work in training with the players so they can adjust a bit easier.

He's brought England further than any coach since 1966. At some point he deserves credit.
It’s all good saying he got them further than any other coach, but he has nothing to show for it trophy wise. Yes he does well in uniting the players and they clearly all have a good relationship with each other, but there’s only so long England fans can do the whole “he got us to a euros final & world cup semi final” … a lot of them are fed up with his tit tactical decisions and want better for what is probably one of the strongest group of England players in decades. Lovely guy i’m sure and well done to him, but if i’m an England fan I would be wanting someone else in.

Reactions: 4
It’s all good saying he got them further than any other coach, but he has nothing to show for it trophy wise. There’s only so long England fans can do the whole “he got us to a euros final & world cup semi final” … a lot of them are fed up with his tit tactical decisions and want better for what is probably one of the strongest groups of England players in decades.
A penalty shoot out is the only thing between him and a trophy. Strange to let your view of him be dictated by such a marginal detail. Those knockout games come down to tiny details. Same way that the smallest of details went against England in the France game but overall I thought they were the better team.

If he actually listened to the general public England would have had a lobsided team at the Euros which would probably have gone out to Germany. Instead he picked a system and stuck to it. At some point English people should realise that his tactics can't be that bad when they have never had such consistent results.

Edit: England might have won something in the 2000s when they had a far better squad had they a manager like Southgate who didn't bow to public pressure to fit in everything popular attacker

Reactions: 5
A penalty shoot out is the only thing between him and a trophy. Strange to let your view of him be dictated by such a marginal detail. Those knockout games come down to tiny details. Same way that the smallest of details went against England in the France game but overall I thought they were the better team.

If he actually listened to the general public England would have had a lobsided team at the Euros which would probably have gone out to Germany. Instead he picked a system and stuck to it. At some point English people should realise that his tactics can't be that bad when they have never had such consistent results.
I get that it was fine margins, but history won’t look back and say “well done for almost winning the euros” 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m not saying he hasn’t done a good job, obviously he has when you look at where this England squad are compared to previous ones, but some of his decisions are questionable. He had Marcus Rashford, who was in the form of his life, sat on the bench while England lost to France and continuously leaves out some of the best creators in favor of the more senior members of the squad. The likes of Maguire, Trippier etc can still get the job done most of the time but they are both getting older and he needs to start the transition into the next generation, these qualifying games would be perfect for that but for some reason he doesn’t want to do it. Again, not saying he hasn’t done well but the game is constantly changing and he has to keep up with it in order to be successful which he has failed to do so far.

I get that it was fine margins, but history won’t look back and say “well done for almost winning the euros” 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m not saying he hasn’t done a good job, obviously he has when you look at where this England squad are compared to previous ones, but some of his decisions are questionable. He had Marcus Rashford, who was in the form of his life, sat on the bench while England lost to France and continuously leaves out some of the best creators in favor of the more senior members of the squad. The likes of Maguire, Trippier etc can still get the job done most of the time but they are both getting older and he needs to start the transition into the next generation, these qualifying games would be perfect for that but for some reason he doesn’t want to do it.
History does tell us though that it's the closest England have come to winning something since 1966. People look back at 1990 and 1996 so they will similarly look back at this spell too.

Rashford was in the form of his life after the World Cup, not before it. International football is a defensive game and being solid takes you far. If he played those "best creators", you're likely looking at imbalanced teams which ship goals.

As for the others, sure he needs to replace players but international football is only ever about the here and now especially in competitive qualifying games. His record in qualifying is why England are a top seed in tournaments now and why they get easier groups. Compare it to the previous 25-30 years where England dropped points plenty of times in qualifying (or didn't even qualify). Those results led to them being second seeds and in tougher groups. The game against Italy wasn't one to experiment, it was a game to win.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.