Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yea i’m mostly joking because all these journalists seem to think they’ll be lining up with Ronaldo, Mbappe, Messi Haaland Kane, Ledanowski by next year 😂😂.

I’m sure they’ll spend but Newcastle still have to play by FFP as does everyone haha

yes and it is not well done at all 😂
And also its still Newcastle who haven't even looked at a trophy in how long. Next season if going to be interesting for sure

Reactions: 2
And also its still Newcastle who haven't even looked at a trophy in how long. Next season if going to be interesting for sure
Very true. Imagine if they still got relegated :eek::oops:. Too early to say who will go down but would be crazy if they got all that cash and then went down!

Reactions: 1
Thanks I looked into in at he was reporting to spend 3.5 billion for united which I believe got declined. And Newcastle was around 300mil. Well they saved themselves some money lol.

Don't even gonna lie I'm glad it got declined don't want themnto own united after all the human right laws they broke and everything else
What human rights are you talking about ?

They’ll put a spending cap on. Say £200M but if you buy Messi for £150M and you want to buy Kane for £100 you’ll have to sell £50M worth of players. Obviously adjust for inflation or whatever
Transfer fees aren't the major thing to manage. Wages is the really important thing that dictates where players go. Obviously you need money to sign players, but the best players want the highest wages. League tables are generally not too different to the wages table (with some minor variation for over and under performance).

Realistically, Newcastle will be competing for titles within 3-5 years unless they really tit the bed. It's the same as Chelsea and Man City. The only snag is that they are the third major takeover in the Premier League, so competition is tougher. Plus obviously United and Liverpool still exist. But City went from losing 8-1 to Middlesbrough in 2008 to champions in a few years.

Jose Mourinho has been conspicuously praise worthy of Newcastle over the last 18 months too.

Transfer fees aren't the major thing to manage. Wages is the really important thing that dictates where players go. Obviously you need money to sign players, but the best players want the highest wages. League tables are generally not too different to the wages table (with some minor variation for over and under performance).

Realistically, Newcastle will be competing for titles within 3-5 years unless they really tit the bed. It's the same as Chelsea and Man City. The only snag is that they are the third major takeover in the Premier League, so competition is tougher. Plus obviously United and Liverpool still exist. But City went from losing 8-1 to Middlesbrough in 2008 to champions in a few years.

Jose Mourinho has been conspicuously praise worthy of Newcastle over the last 18 months too.
Jose will probably have managed half the league by 2030 :ROFLMAO: .

Big money billionaires will take over more and more clubs I’d bet. Surprised Elon Musk or Bezos haven’t tried yet :ROFLMAO:. Elon Musk buying afootball club is a funny idea, he’d probs build a training camp on the moon

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Realistically, Newcastle will be competing for titles within 3-5 years unless they really tit the bed. It's the same as Chelsea and Man City. The only snag is that they are the third major takeover in the Premier League, so competition is tougher. Plus obviously United and Liverpool still exist. But City went from losing 8-1 to Middlesbrough in 2008 to champions in a few years.,

I’m not sure it will be that easy for Newcastle, Chelsea had the pull of being a London club and Manchester was known in world football because of united. I don’t see Newcastle being able to pull top class players and a manager straight away in the way Man City and Chelsea could. They might be able to pull in big name ageing players by giving them big wages but it will be while before they can attract top young ambitious players.

Reactions: 4
I read that she has deleted them because she’s openly antivax and would look bad for him with World Cup etc.
So she's a steaming hypocrite without the courage of her convictions. Figures.

Reactions: 9
I’m not sure it will be that easy for Newcastle, Chelsea had the pull of being a London club and Manchester was known in world football because of united. I don’t see Newcastle being able to pull top class players and a manager straight away in the way Man City and Chelsea could. They might be able to pull in big name ageing players by giving them big wages but it will be while before they can attract top young ambitious players.
See, I disagree that the city thing is super important anymore. Wages, a good manager (Jose is Bobby Robson’s protege after all) and a vision will still pull people to the team. The same way some owners want a project they can make their own rather than attaching to a team with former glories to make themselves look like messiahs, many players will have the same idea.
Think about it. London has 5 premier league clubs right now, sometimes more. Top top players don’t choose Spurs, for example, even though they were CL finalists and in London. There has to be more.

If they pay higher wages than anyone they will get them. They are a Premier League club and that’s enough of an attraction.

City were a disaster in 2008 and in far worse shape than Newcastle now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Fern Hawkins is having a bridal brunch Today, Megan Pickfords going to be a bridesmaid.
And from Megan's insta looks like the weddings 25th June

Reactions: 4
Fern Hawkins is having a bridal brunch Today, Megan Pickfords going to be a bridesmaid.
Fern is looking particularly gorgeous the last while. All her recent IG posts are fab. Harry Maguire hit the jackpot.

Reactions: 12
Fern is looking particularly gorgeous the last while. All her recent IG posts are fab. Harry Maguire hit the jackpot.
I agree she’s really pretty but like … not IG Kardashian wannabe! If she’d had any work done it’s not too obvious unlike some of them who go overboard!

They’ve been together a while haven’t they?

Reactions: 3
I hope all the people slating Newcastle and the “oil money” don’t have Facebook, don’t watch or purchase Disney or fly with Boeing….. if you do then unfortunately it is very hypocritical to have a go…..

Reactions: 3
I hope all the people slating Newcastle and the “oil money” don’t have Facebook, don’t watch or purchase Disney or fly with Boeing….. if you do then unfortunately it is very hypocritical to have a go…..
Last I checked neither Facebook, Disney or Boeing hacked off gay men's heads so you might want to dial back the attitude.

Reactions: 15
Last I checked neither Facebook, Disney or Boeing hacked off gay men's heads so you might want to dial back the attitude.
they all have significant investment from saudi, it’s the same. No attitude here just if people are going to mention that then I hope they don’t purchase/watch/spend money on any companies with Saudi links.
If that’s what someone can say then absolutely fair enough to say whatever you want about the takeover.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.