Footballers and Wags #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All joking aside I think you should be a bit worried. This isn’t like UEFA investigation where you went CAS and got away with it on a technicality. This is 9 years worth of evidence in a case that they have been building for years. Despite what some may think, the Premier League are not ‘out to get you’ or ‘let’s have a go at City cause they’re winning’. They are a legitimate enterprise that feel they have enough evidence to prove their rules have been broken and resulted in City benefiting to the disadvantage of others and disregarding the integrity and fairness of the game and the rules of the Premier League- which City must abide by. The club is absolutely worried by this, even from a reputation point of view. The same for United with Greenwood and Arsenal with Partay- these clubs don’t want any sort of bad press to dirty their club so I can assure you they will be worried about this, regardless of what sort of statement they release

Will they be relegated? No. Will they be stripped of titles? Probably not. Will they faces serious implications if found guilty? Absolutely.

You can be as dismissive and as brazen as you like but I’ve spoken to a lot of City fans today who are genuinely worried and who have said if it turns out they have cooked the books then they should face the ramifications of that.

Do the crime, do the time. Simple as that.
I’ve seen a lot of city fans on twitter joking around posting gifs of the guy who got them out of it last time saying people won’t know what’s hit them, but I think that’s to cover up the fact they are genuinely worried. You can’t not be worried surely? Best case scenario is probably a transfer ban which could duck up any plans for a rebuild in the next few seasons, and the whole situation could also put new players off coming while an investigation is ongoing.

Reactions: 6
You can be as dismissive and as brazen as you like but I’ve spoken to a lot of City fans today who are genuinely worried and who have said if it turns out they have cooked the books then they should face the ramifications of that.

Do the crime, do the time. Simple as that.
when have i been dismissive and brazen??? if you read my previous posts i’ve said we should face ramifications if indeed the allegations prove to be true. give it a rest.
---

You can’t not be worried surely? Best case scenario is probably a transfer ban which could duck up any plans for a rebuild in the next few seasons, and the whole situation could also put new players off coming while an investigation is ongoing.
honestly i’m not bothered. if we have cooked the books then it is what it is, not much can be done about it now without a time machine 🤷🏻‍♀️. it’s not going to stop me from supporting the club. tit situation yeah but am definitely not worried, no point crying over spilt milk.

• Heart
when have i been dismissive and brazen??? if you read my previous posts i’ve said we should face ramifications if indeed the allegations prove to be true. give it a rest.
---

honestly i’m not bothered. if we have cooked the books then it is what it is, not much can be done about it now without a time machine 🤷🏻‍♀️. it’s not going to stop me from supporting the club. tit situation yeah but am definitely not worried, no point crying over spilt milk.
Don’t think anyone is expecting people to stop supporting the team, but a lot of the fans on twitter are extremely naive if they think it’s going to just be brushed under the carpet again. This investigation has been going on behind closed doors for years and if it was against my club then personally I would be worried, especially if it was going to have an impact on transfers in the future.

Reactions: 5
To say that they will deduct points from previous seasons and strip them of titles etc, I can’t see it happening. It affects too many other teams. Look at teams who may have just missed out on European football or were relegated. They arent going to adjust years worth of the premier league.
It’ll likely be a fine and transfer ban. They’ll say 2 years but it’ll probably be one window. They don’t like being to hard on the “big 6”

Reactions: 15
Arteta masterclass 🫢 He really gathered Jesus & Zinchenko and plotted to take city down in order to win the league 😭

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Soon the day will come when Man City are found not guilty on all charges the twats on Footballers and wags #41 wanted them charged on

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Sixty five years since Munich today. 😭
Bloody hell, I didn’t realise it had been that long! I was actually watching the film about it not long ago, can’t remember what it’s called but it’s the one with David Tennant in it. Makes me cry every time, such a horrendous accident.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Don’t think anyone is expecting people to stop supporting the team, but a lot of the fans on twitter are extremely naive if they think it’s going to just be brushed under the carpet again. This investigation has been going on behind closed doors for years and if it was against my club then personally I would be worried, especially if it was going to have an impact on transfers in the future.
twitter is a cesspit and the worst of every clubs fans stink up that place all the time. they’re delusional. this was definitely a line in the sand by the PL and the club would be stupid to not take it seriously. from what i’ve read the club seems to think they have enough evidence to refute the claims, but who knows.

it’s taken them 4 years to come up with the charges - i can’t see this being resolved any time soon. it’s over a decade worth of seasons. it’s going to take ages before anything is done i think.

Reactions: 5
Bloody hell, I didn’t realise it had been that long! I was actually watching the film about it not long ago, can’t remember what it’s called but it’s the one with David Tennant in it. Makes me cry every time, such a horrendous accident.
It’s United. Great film. David Tennant was excellent. It’s so sad.

It’s United. Great film. David Tennant was excellent. It’s so sad.
Yeah it’s a brilliant film but so sad. Obviously the main people you feel for is those who were closest to the victims, but imagine how the fans must have felt too. I can’t even fathom something like that happening to my team and many of them dying, it’s horrendous.

Reactions: 7
Yeah it’s a brilliant film but so sad. Obviously the main people you feel for is those who were closest to the victims, but imagine how the fans must have felt too. I can’t even fathom something like that happening to my team and many of them dying, it’s horrendous.
My dad was only a little boy when it happened. Duncan Edwards was his favourite. He said that at the time he didn't really comprehend how big it was because he was so young but said that when he saw grown men in floods of tears everytime it was mentioned, he understood.

• Sad
Just read that the lawyer overseeing the panel into Citys investigation is associated with Arsenal 😆🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Screenshot_20230206_201440_Instagram.jpg

❤❤❤
This will always make me emotional
---

Also absolutely bleeping disgusting that the glazers wasn't at the memorial today or any yesr

• Heart
Reactions: 15
View attachment 1940854
❤❤❤
This will always make me emotional
---

Also absolutely bleeping disgusting that the glazers wasn't at the memorial today or any yesr
So sad. I remember reading something about one of the surviving players visiting those who were in hospital and saying something like they thought it would be a lot worse, not realising that everyone else had died 😔

• Sad
So sad. I remember reading something about one of the surviving players visiting those who were in hospital and saying something like they thought it would be a lot worse, not realising that everyone else had died 😔
I believe it was Harry Gregg who pulled at least 3 people from the wreckage.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.