Footballers and Wags #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Definitely something else going on.
100%. Klopp has had a worse start then Tuchel and Rodgers is still a manager so it’s definitely not to do with performances. I hope he hasn’t done something stupid, maybe he’s just kicked off and hit the roof after the game last night? Although I don’t know what he would be kicking off about as they had a good window.

They were showing his signings over the last few years on sky sports and wow when you actually see it written down there’s been quite a few that flopped and a lot that didn’t develop.

Reactions: 9
100%. Klopp has had a worse start then Tuchel and Rodgers is still a manager so it’s definitely not to do with performances. I hope he hasn’t done something stupid, maybe he’s just kicked off and hit the roof after the game last night? Although I don’t know what he would be kicking off about as they had a good window.

They were showing his signings over the last few years on sky sports and wow when you actually see it written down there’s been quite a few that flopped and a lot that didn’t develop.
Yep definitely a lot of flops. The flops seemed to be playing better when in other teams though? Maybe his management style doesn’t suit? Also apparently a big disagreement with Tuchel and Bohely about selling Gilmour. Tuchel wanted rid and Boehly wanted to keep him. Apparently Boehly didn’t want to sign Aubameyang either

Yep definitely a lot of flops. The flops seemed to be playing better when in other teams though? Maybe his management style doesn’t suit? Also apparently a big disagreement with Tuchel and Bohely about selling Gilmour. Tuchel wanted rid and Boehly wanted to keep him. Apparently Boehly didn’t want to sign Aubameyang either
A lot of those players are now playing in easier leagues though so that could be why they are looking better now, either that or they really were being held back. I’m seeing as well that Boehly wanted Ronaldo but Tuchel didn’t, not sure if that’s true but could also be another thing that contributed.

Reactions: 6
Maybe somethings happened behind the scenes and he’s threatened to walk and they’ve called his bluff?

I mean it’s all a bit weird

Reactions: 11
Can’t have been easy for Tuchel to have a new, very outspoken and dominant owner come in. Boehly doesn’t seem like the type of owner who will work away quietly in the background and I’m sure a lot of managers will find that testing. Could be an unsettled time for Chelsea.

Reactions: 11
Can’t have been easy for Tuchel to have a new, very outspoken and dominant owner come in. Boehly doesn’t seem like the type of owner who will work away quietly in the background and I’m sure a lot of managers will find that testing. Could be an unsettled time for Chelsea.
Agree. Coupled with Tuchel has form for not heing easy to get on with.

But I think it's probably TT has been doing 2 jobs - so transfer strategy (though not negotiations), and coaching. Then the results were tit, all the big wigs were there last night and got shamed, and TT kicked off and said what do you expect when I do 2 jobs...

Mad though, as they've rebuilt the team to his liking.

If we're voting for hot replacements, I want Zidane.

A lot of those players are now playing in easier leagues though so that could be why they are looking better now, either that or they really were being held back. I’m seeing as well that Boehly wanted Ronaldo but Tuchel didn’t, not sure if that’s true but could also be another thing that contributed.

Putting an American corporate greed merchant businessman in charge of an English football club. What could possibly go wrong?

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Yeah I feel for the future managers with a owner like that. You've gotta trust you Manager knows how he wants to play & you can't just buy players you like.
Tough for the new signings aswell as they've gone from a Manager who wants them, to 1 who might want to play a different way so will mainly bench them.

Reactions: 3
Huh, the Mail are saying the decision was made before Zagreb. And that TT will get £13m payoff and his staff another £2m.

We'll see him on another yacht with his new girlfriend before the week is out.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
It’s a shame that Potter looks to be the one taking over, he’s building something really great at Brighton and i’m not sure whether that will continue without him. But I guess the opportunity to manage a bigger and more successful team is too much to turn down which is fair.

Reactions: 14
Poch, no way. I’d shed actual tears 😭
Nooo Poch for Villa when Purslow finally kicks out Gerrard. Was surprised when Tuchel bought Chukwuemeka and promised game time, considering his Villa appearances.

Actually must’ve been Boehly who wanted Chuk.

Reactions: 1
It’s a shame that Potter looks to be the one taking over, he’s building something really great at Brighton and i’m not sure whether that will continue without him. But I guess the opportunity to manage a bigger and more successful team is too much to turn down which is fair.
I think losing Potter will really hurt Brighton. More than losing players will.

Just watching Sky now. Potter had his team photos done at Brighton an hour ago and now he's on his way to talk to Chelsea. Hope they're good at photoshop.

• Haha
  • Wow
I think losing Potter will really hurt Brighton. More than losing players will.
Yep he’s got them playing great. He will be a big loss. But I’d think carefully about taking the Chelsea job though if I were him, ok it’s a big club, CL etc but he’s got something good at Brighton I’m not sure he will want to walk into the tit show that is now Chelsea. Big egos, lots more pressure, an overbearing owner etc….

Reactions: 8
I laughed a bit too hard at some of these 🤣

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.