Footballers and Wags #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
John Arne Riise
Ooh aah
I wanna know
How you broke Smith's leg

At the time, my mind was blown as to how quickly that was dreamt up. Football fans today just don't have the agency.
The lyrics show it must have been a minority bunch of morons as our songs are always much more creative. As i say, ive been to games and a season ticket holder since forever and i have never heard it before.

One thing i would like to ask United season ticket holders/ frequent attendees of games. Is it true there are a section of fans who sing constantly about Scousers and Liverpool, even when they are not playing Liverpool? I have heard that united could be playing Stoke or Crystal Palace and they would still sing about Scousers? Is that true? Or used to be true?

Reactions: 1
Sorry the comment made me laugh 😂🤣
he’s probs in the DMs of half them girls already. Clapped 🤣

John Arne Riise
Ooh aah
I wanna know
How you broke Smith's leg

At the time, my mind was blown as to how quickly that was dreamt up. Football fans today just don't have the agency.
Wtf!! That’s just…embarrassing especially as Riise probably felt bad for Smith!!

When I used to have twitter I’d see United and Liverpool fans throwing Munich and Hillsborough “jokes” at each other like even on tit that wasn’t related to either club. You think with both clubs having such horrible incidents it would lead to a bit of compassion for other clubs some things are more important!

Theyre both absolutely awful things to happen and shouldn’t be joked about...and yes I know some Wolves fans are dicks. Absolutely no club has perfect fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
One thing i would like to ask United season ticket holders/ frequent attendees of games. Is it true there are a section of fans who sing constantly about Scousers and Liverpool, even when they are not playing Liverpool? I have heard that united could be playing Stoke or Crystal Palace and they would still sing about Scousers? Is that true? Or used to be true?
I'm sure this will be correct for Man United and Liverpool as it this happens at most clubs, even if there's not necessarily a rivalry. Leeds often sing about hating Chelsea and Man United, and I've watched random televised games between teams we have no history with who sing 'we all hate Leeds scum'.

When I used to have twitter I’d see United and Liverpool fans throwing Munich and Hillsborough “jokes” at each other like even on tit that wasn’t related to either club. You think with both clubs having such horrible incidents it would lead to a bit of compassion for other clubs some things are more important!
Some things are still too fresh in the mind for fans to ignore. I know Leeds fans who were in Instanbul when Chris and Kevin where killed and the pain that they still feel... you'd think it happened yesterday, not 20 years ago. Hillsborough the same. It's cultural trauma - rising above it is easier said than done.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
he’s probs in the DMs of half them girls already. Clapped 🤣

Wtf!! That’s just…embarrassing especially as Riise probably felt bad for Smith!!

Theyre both absolutely awful things to happen and shouldn’t be joked about...and yes I know some Wolves fans are dicks. Absolutely no club has perfect fans.
You know what used to piss me off when they throw these disgusting things at each other, the cunts need a history lesson. Matt Busby had ties to Liverpool, Man United have done quite a lot in terms of supporting the hillsborough campaign- especially Fergie and Charlton who also used to attend the Hillsborough memorial services. And yet you get cunts, i refuse to call them fans as i dont think they are, who enjoy singing about death. Some things are bigger than football.

I'm sure this will be correct for Man United and Liverpool as it this happens at most clubs, even if there's not necessarily a rivalry. Leeds often sing about hating Chelsea and Man United, and I've watched random televised games between teams we have no history with who sing 'we all hate Leeds scum'.

Some things are still too fresh in the mind for fans to ignore. I know Leeds fans who were in Instanbul when Chris and Kevin where killed and the pain that they still feel... you'd think it happened yesterday, not 20 years ago. Hillsborough the same. It's cultural trauma - rising above it is easier said than done.
Yeah ive read reports about Leeds and Man United fans; singing about the Leeds fans who died in Istanbul and apparently they made a banner about it too. And Leeds singing about Munich. Its just sad, i would love to go inside the head of the people who think its acceptable to do this tit and see what really goes on and their mentality.
I am all for banter, and i love singing and going to games, but i just hate the minority of fans who ruin it for everyone else.

Reactions: 7
You know what used to piss me off when they throw these disgusting things at each other, the cunts need a history lesson. Matt Busby had ties to Liverpool, Man United have done quite a lot in terms of supporting the hillsborough campaign- especially Fergie and Charlton who also used to attend the Hillsborough memorial services. And yet you get cunts, i refuse to call them fans as i dont think they are, who enjoy singing about death. Some things are bigger than football.

Yeah ive read reports about Leeds and Man United fans; singing about the Leeds fans who died in Istanbul and apparently they made a banner about it too. And Leeds singing about Munich. Its just sad, i would love to go inside the head of the people who think its acceptable to do this tit and see what really goes on and their mentality.
I am all for banter, and i love singing and going to games, but i just hate the minority of fans who ruin it for everyone else.
Exactly! Banter or singing about the other team being tit is fine but when it gets to mocking horrible things that’s too far. A lot of them are just arseholes looking for a fight…and thinking they’re hard in front of their mates. I’m sure all the club legends would be ashamed of them for being like that.

i remember seeing a video of when that Rangers fan was saying to the Celtic player “where’s your sister” after she’d died. Like don’t be a bleep, that’s not banter that’s just nasty. Even one of the other fans told him to shut

• Wow
  • Angry
Oh totally. It’s still fairly recent in the scheme of things so I can imagine.

I think a lot of clubs have started kicking fans out for the songs about tragedies which of course they’re completely in the right to do.

Tottenham face disruption after coronavirus outbreak in squad
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59560114

6 Spurs players positive apparently 😬
If they have 13 available they still have to fulfil it! Ong that doesn’t leave much for injuries etc

You know what used to piss me off when they throw these disgusting things at each other, the cunts need a history lesson.
I don't think you can really stop older fans but I think a bit of education will stop younger fans perpetuating this sort of behaviour. Years ago (when I was still at school), I joined in with a chant that I didn't really know the context of. I know this sounds stupid, but it was catchy and seemed funny at the time. A little while later, I read about the inspiration for said chant and watched some footage. I was absolutely **horrified** with myself. Never again. The ignorance is very real, especially with younger fans copying whoever takes them to games.

Reactions: 8
This is hilarious. I mean I'm not saying I wouldn't.....but some of these women are low key obsessed!
He'll try and message some of them "come and meet me at this hotel" has gold card for as goes there often! 😅 I think they need to borrow my glasses 😂

• Haha
He'll try and message some of them "come and meet me at this hotel" has gold card for as goes there often! 😅 I think they need to borrow my glasses 😂
Specsavers would make a killing with targeted ads at these poor deluded women 😂 Give me a cute little book worm like Joe Bryan any day.

• Haha
Specsavers would make a killing with targeted ads at these poor deluded women 😂 Give me a cute little book worm like Joe Bryan any day.
I like Joe Bryan, I follow his bookclub suggestions on Insta but they're a bit on the self-help side for me, I'm a bit old to be the next Bridget Jones, but he wants to be my Daniel Cleaver Mark Darcy I would have no objections.

• Haha
W
Tottenham face disruption after coronavirus outbreak in squad
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59560114

6 Spurs players positive apparently 😬
Well girls it looks like Kalvin is out for 2 months according to sources at Thorp Arch, and Paddy apparently injured again, alongside Cooper. May as well drink myself into oblivion until the January transfer deadline. I’m beyond gutted, but if Kalvin needs his legs massaging just give me a shout!
p

• Haha
  • Sad
I don't think you can really stop older fans but I think a bit of education will stop younger fans perpetuating this sort of behaviour. Years ago (when I was still at school), I joined in with a chant that I didn't really know the context of. I know this sounds stupid, but it was catchy and seemed funny at the time. A little while later, I read about the inspiration for said chant and watched some footage. I was absolutely **horrified** with myself. Never again. The ignorance is very real, especially with younger fans copying whoever takes them to games.
Some will not change. Its their way and that's it. Look how some fans still say stuff about themselves.
I'm sure we've probably dibe the same as you, even think at school calling the ginger haired kid "ginge". You can only learn by your mistakes admitting them is usually the difficult part
Sorry gone all "boring" back to the footie gossip 😄

Big Joe Bryan fan!
A footballer with a bit of substance. Some of his book recommendations are really good.

Grealish isn’t even the nicest looking player at City. 🤣.
I don’t understand how you can look at Grealish and think you would need to anti bac every inch of you after shagging him? I just don’t get it 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Big Joe Bryan fan!
A footballer with a bit of substance. Some of his book recommendations are really good.

I don’t understand how you can look at Grealish and think you would need to anti bac every inch of you after shagging him? I just don’t get it 🤷🏻‍♀️
I maintain he is one of those people that always look like they need a good wash :LOL:
He's certainly no Joe Bryan 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
[
W

Well girls it looks like Kalvin is out for 2 months according to sources at Thorp Arch, and Paddy apparently injured again, alongside Cooper. May as well drink myself into oblivion until the January transfer deadline. I’m beyond gutted, but if Kalvin needs his legs massaging just give me a shout!
p
I'll wait for the presser before I believe this. Our fans are tragic when it comes to making up dreary news.

Reactions: 1
He’d be a tit shag as well. He just looks like the sort of lad that would think he’s amazing but is shite

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.