Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love that I’ve come back to seals and BDE. My favourite kind of E.

Someone mentioned This Life ... MY FAVOURITE OF ALL TIME .. Egg is my second favourite E to be honest. Although have become increasingly attracted to Myles as I age and I still think one of the sexiest moments on tv is when Anna breaks the wine glass and they do it on the sofa.
Don’t mind me guys, just having a hot flush
I had a crush on miles when I watched it first time but I do find I’m attracted to arseholes so there’s that. I wanted milly’s hair so badly

I've watched a few episodes of Rosemary and Thyme, it's excellent "Sunday afternoon sitting on the couch, drinking tea" viewing.
It’s so calming isn’t it! X

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Omg I LOVE The Musketeers 😍 Athos is such a sexy, moody bastard.
Agreed. He’s equally brooding in Strike. Strangely if an actor had to play my other half in a biopic Tom Burke would be a good doppelgänger or vice versa. I’d never noticed how physically similar they are until recently and freaked myself out haha.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Agreed. He’s equally brooding in Strike. Strangely if an actor had to play my other half in a biopic Tom Burke would be a good doppelgänger or vice versa. I’d never noticed how physically similar they are until recently and freaked myself out haha.
Ooh I need to watch strike I love the books

• Heart
Reactions: 7
completely unrelated to the conversation but I am having sushi for the first time since lockdown (takeaway of course) and am so excited, needed to tell someone! I think Teachers was on ch4 catchup last time I checked (albeit this was last year so...)I loved it too

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Ooh I need to watch strike I love the books
I’ve yet to read the books (on my list to read) so interested to see how they match up/faithful they are - though I get they can’t always include everything. iPlayer has all of the series - though the term ‘series’ is a bit of a stretch, a couple are just two parters.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
completely unrelated to the conversation but I am having sushi for the first time since lockdown (takeaway of course) and am so excited, needed to tell someone! I think Teachers was on ch4 catchup last time I checked (albeit this was last year so...)I loved it too
What did you order??

• Heart
What did you order??
an excessive amount of food (they gave me 3 sets of chopsticks which is an indication :LOL:, I am eating alone) spicy edamame, kaiso seaweed salad, salmon sashimi, prawn tempura dragon rolls and a combo box of mixed salmon things (nigiri and maki, and more sashimi - I love raw salmon in case it wasn't obvious) first time ordering from this place but it very good! I have convinced myself that every time I order/get takeaway from a local business I am basically doing a social service to help small businesses so i don't feel bad about ordering loads :LOL:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
an excessive amount of food (they gave me 3 sets of chopsticks which is an indication :LOL:, I am eating alone) spicy edamame, kaiso seaweed salad, salmon sashimi, prawn tempura dragon rolls and a combo box of mixed salmon things (nigiri and maki, and more sashimi - I love raw salmon in case it wasn't obvious) first time ordering from this place but it very good! I have convinced myself that every time I order/get takeaway from a local business I am basically doing a social service to help small businesses so i don't feel bad about ordering loads :LOL:
That sounds amazing, I love sushi 🥰

• Heart
I graced Iceland with my presence in order to pick up the best cottage cheese, if you like cc, then try this. It’s not runny or watery,
I hope you picked up some boursin while you were there too, looks like it was on offer? love cottage cheese with loads of black pepper on a toasted english muffin :love: (If I am feeling fancy also some smoked salmon :p)

Totally agree that you are doing a social service, and isn't it great when you find somewhere new that is good? Enjoy the feast!!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I hope you picked up some boursin while you were there too, looks like it was on offer? love cottage cheese with loads of black pepper on a toasted english muffin :love: (If I am feeling fancy also some smoked salmon :p)
I did not buy any Boursin today but I did buy some of their hummus and some Fry’s Chocolate Creme bars.

I like cottage cheese with chilli jam or chutney. It’s also good with tinned pears or peaches.

• Heart
I graced Iceland with my presence in order to pick up the best cottage cheese, if you like cc, then try this. It’s not runny or watery,
Yes, I concur! That is really the best ever cottage cheese! It’s creamy and tastes lovely - not like supermarket cottage cheese at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yes, I concur! That is really the best ever cottage cheese! It’s creamy and tastes lovely - not like supermarket cottage cheese at all.
Was shocked when I saw Iceland were stocking it. Asda has it too. I think Waitrose used to sell it a long time ago. I love the small curds and lack of excess liquid like most supermarket versions.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Was shocked when I saw Iceland were stocking it. Asda has it too. I think Waitrose used to sell it a long time ago. I love the small curds and lack of excess liquid like most supermarket versions.
I meant to say yesterday the Bel Paese cheese you mentioned @Mustard is my fave. I used to love it on holidays to Italy on that Italian bread you get with the dark crust

My weird older man TV crush growing up was... Karl Kennedy off of Neighbours 😂He's a bit too old for me now but I fancied him well past the age of 50! So much that at one point if you signed up for free to his fan site he would send you a birthday video... which I obvs did hahaha.

I am also shocked that Keir Starmer is older than BJ! I think he looks great for his age.

ETA: I found it haha. Just cropped the first bit where he says my name (which isn't LavaFlake, believe it or not)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Yep when I used to live near a Waitrose (never going to get over that), they definitely stocked it. Oh, now there’s an Asda near me.
Small curds - yes! That’s what I was reaching for with ‘creamy’ 😂

My weird older man TV crush growing up was... Karl Kennedy off of Neighbours 😂He's a bit too old for me now but I fancied him well past the age of 50! So much that at one point if you signed up for free to his fan site he would send you a birthday video... which I obvs did hahaha.

I am also shocked that Keir Starmer is older than BJ! I think he looks great for his age.

ETA: I found it haha. Just cropped the first bit where he says my name (which isn't LavaFlake, believe it or not)
did you get your birthday video? 🤣

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.