Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dehumidifer, folks. Brilliant for damp & condensation. We've ended up renting houses riddled with these issues 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Dehumidifer, folks. Brilliant for damp & condensation. We've ended up renting houses riddled with these issues 🤦🏻‍♀️
Would I just stick it in my kitchen somewhere, would I not need to have the cupboard doors open? I might need one actually and sometimes put it in my kid’s room I foresee a damp winter. Not cheap tho are they?

Reactions: 8
Would I just stick it in my kitchen somewhere, would I not need to have the cupboard doors open? I might need one actually and sometimes put it in my kid’s room I foresee a damp winter. Not cheap tho are they?
when I had this issue in a previous rental I used cheap damp trap things from Poundland that worked well inside cupboards/wardrobes then had a proper dehumidifier in my kids room.

Reactions: 12
when I had this issue in a previous rental I used cheap damp trap things from Poundland that worked well inside cupboards/wardrobes then had a proper dehumidifier in my kids room.
Dropping in to second the Poundland damp traps - my flat gets mold in the winter due to poor ventilation, was at my wits end scrubbing the walls every other day. Tried one of these and haven’t had an issue since

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Oh I’ll have a look for some in the range! Thank you (for some reason I assumed you knew I need something else from the range already ffs ha!)

Dropping in to second the Poundland damp traps - my flat gets mold in the winter due to poor ventilation, was at my wits end scrubbing the walls every other day. Tried one of these and haven’t had an issue since
I read that as damp tramps but whatever sorts the whiff out I’m in. I never knew they existed these damp tramps I’m sold

• Haha
You can little bags with crystals in which you can recharge by bunging in the microwave,
tesco sell them
Amazon product
can we not post Amazon links??🤪

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve used a Unibond Aero 360 Moisture absorber - not in a kitchen but a corner of a bedroom that gets a small strip of mould and find it works well. Can get via Amazon but also seen in larger supermarkets. No idea how well it would work in a kitchen/cupboards.

Also not sure if it works in a similar way to the Poundland ones so they might be easier/cheaper if the mould/damp is a bigger problem?

Reactions: 5
You can little bags with crystals in which you can recharge by bunging in the microwave,
tesco sell them
Amazon product
can we not post Amazon links??🤪
Is it affiliate link hun? Swipe up!
(Thank you!)

I’ve used a Unibond Aero 360 Moisture absorber - not in a kitchen but a corner of a bedroom that gets a small strip of mould and find it works well. Can get via Amazon but also seen in larger supermarkets. No idea how well it would work in a kitchen/cupboards.

Also not sure if it works in a similar way to the Poundland ones so they might be easier/cheaper if the mould/damp is a bigger problem?
Thanks I’ll have a look at that too. I feel like this is something I should have known as an adult imagine them already inventing things to solve this problem 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Dehumidifiers can be pricey. I got one for £140, also has a setting to dry clothes. Big help as we have no clothes line or dryer.. not ideal for an old dampy house! The little moisture traps you can get are helpful too for smaller scale areas.

You can also buy mini dehumidifiers too! We have the one main one, but id like another one to keep upstairs. When funds allow!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Ooh fraus (especially @blurstoftimes), had some *chefs kiss* Mexican food tonight - and if corona keeps going the way it's going, maybe my last meal out for a while... Waiter asked if we minded vacating our table early and sweetened the deal with free mezcal margheritas so am a LITTLE PISSED.

DSC_1139.JPG

Cochinita pibil taco (sorry I already took a bite)

DSC_1141.JPG

Pollo mole

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Omg yes to damp chat - obvs not a builder but apparently it’s completely normal, especially in older proper brick houses. The houses were built at a time where windows weren’t as good / air tight as they are now so there was some degree of air circulation, then modern windows came along and sealed it all up so it’s common to suffer from it.

I used to live in a flat where I couldn’t open my bedroom window as it opened out onto the pavement & didn’t fancy being murdered. I used to spritz my mold w bleach in the morning and it would have already grown back by the time I got home from work. That flat could have filled a season of rogue landlords tbh “my mold” was probably the best thing about living there, a comrade enduring that flat w me 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Ooh fraus (especially @blurstoftimes), had some *chefs kiss* Mexican food tonight - and if corona keeps going the way it's going, maybe my last meal out for a while... Waiter asked if we minded vacating our table early and sweetened the deal with free mezcal margheritas so am a LITTLE PISSED.

View attachment 239028

View attachment 239032
Pollo mole

Oh, wow. That mole looks 10/10 *chef's kiss*. Drooling. And what a bonus getting free margaritas as well!

I still have a week of quarantining to go, so I'm living vicariously through you guys' adventures in the outside world.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
hello, I thought I'd pop in here to say that when leeks are not threatening or sinister, they are really nice fried in butter with a little dill. maverick, I know, but nice.

also, cheese-related, the st augur creme is fantastic spread on a steak. I might have just eaten that

• Heart
Reactions: 19

View attachment 239028

View attachment 239032
Pollo mole
Oh I am SO JEALOUS gimme that mole and that Margarita! Did you know it’s officially mezcal week? I don’t really know what that means but you timed it well! I dunno if anyone here lives near Nottingham but I was there for work pre-lockdown and discovered the best mezcal bar I’ve ever come across called 400 Rabbits. Just loved Nottingham in general actually, so many bars and restaurants!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Omg yes to damp chat - obvs not a builder but apparently it’s completely normal, especially in older proper brick houses. The houses were built at a time where windows weren’t as good / air tight as they are now so there was some degree of air circulation, then modern windows came along and sealed it all up so it’s common to suffer from it.

I used to live in a flat where I couldn’t open my bedroom window as it opened out onto the pavement & didn’t fancy being murdered. I used to spritz my mold w bleach in the morning and it would have already grown back by the time I got home from work. That flat could have filled a season of rogue landlords tbh “my mold” was probably the best thing about living there, a comrade enduring that flat w me 😂
I think with renting and living alone with a kid (I sound like our Jackie ffs) I worry about being some kind of black mould statistic 😅 and you feel like you don’t want to have to be doing over and above on someone else’s house? But yeah it’s a big old brick house this, you’ve all really set my mind at rest that I’m not gonna be on news at ten

hello, I thought I'd pop in here to say that when leeks are not threatening or sinister, they are really nice fried in butter with a little dill. maverick, I know, but nice.

also, cheese-related, the st augur creme is fantastic spread on a steak. I might have just eaten that
Is that Jimmy Nail!

• Heart
Oh I am SO JEALOUS gimme that mile and that Margarita! Did you know it’s officially mezcal week? I don’t really know what that means but you timed it well!
It's also Mexican Independence day next week apparently — Wahaca is doing margaritas for a fiver 🍸

• Heart
Reactions: 8

View attachment 239028

View attachment 239032
Pollo mole
is it intrusive to ask if you’re still seeing your lover? I live vicariously through your boning and coloured socks

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh I am SO JEALOUS gimme that mile and that Margarita! Did you know it’s officially mezcal week? I don’t really know what that means but you timed it well!
Not sure but it was 'gastronomy week' so they had a lot of regional dishes on the menu 😋 - and I looooove mezcal.

• Heart
Is that Jimmy Nail!
[/QUOTE]

why aye man! thought if I was gonna post, I'd source a decent pic of my fellow geordie. not really 🔺 as I don't live there anymore! and i love how his face here seems to say, "I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed cos you're lying" 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.