Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My weird older man TV crush growing up was... Karl Kennedy off of Neighbours 😂He's a bit too old for me now but I fancied him well past the age of 50! So much that at one point if you signed up for free to his fan site he would send you a birthday video... which I obvs did hahaha.

I am also shocked that Keir Starmer is older than BJ! I think he looks great for his age.

ETA: I found it haha. Just cropped the first bit where he says my name (which isn't LavaFlake, believe it or not)
View attachment 238624
🔺 🔺🔺He was the 'special guest' at my university summer ball one year!!!:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
What did you order??
Hahahaha. This is absolutely the correct question. My mum, sister and I do this all the time. 'Oh, I had lunch at xyz.', 'Ooooo. What did you have?' <long explanation follows>

Ooooo @LavaFlake - it is you that advocates Marmite pasta on the regular isn't it? I thought you might enjoy the fact that it's Nigella's recipe of the day today.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
My weird older man TV crush growing up was... Karl Kennedy off of Neighbours 😂He's a bit too old for me now but I fancied him well past the age of 50! So much that at one point if you signed up for free to his fan site he would send you a birthday video... which I obvs did hahaha.

I am also shocked that Keir Starmer is older than BJ! I think he looks great for his age.

ETA: I found it haha. Just cropped the first bit where he says my name (which isn't LavaFlake, believe it or not)
View attachment 238624
This is amazing! I want to laugh and love it simultaneously! I met Dr Karl (when very drunk) at a union night at uni many years ago - given how drunk everyone was he was really lovely. There was some guy with him from Home and Away I think (can’t fully remember now) who was a total letch in comparison.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Ooooo @LavaFlake - it is you that advocates Marmite pasta on the regular isn't it? I thought you might enjoy the fact that it's Nigella's recipe of the day today.
Ahhhh yes it is ❤So delicious. This is almost as good as the time Nigella made 'sluts spaghetti' the recipe of the day which was apparently no reference to her own personal life!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
🔺 🔺🔺He was the 'special guest' at my university summer ball one year!!!:ROFLMAO:
Jason Donovan was our special guest at our end of year summer ball. He was totally wasted - but coherent when singing - at the time it was funny but looking back through adult eyes I think he had a dependency of sorts :confused:. He stopped mid song to tell us all to practice safe sex 🤦‍♀️ then sang one of his songs twice without realising. We also begged him to sing Any Dream Will Do and he obliged!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
This is amazing! I want to laugh and love it simultaneously! I met Dr Karl (when very drunk) at a union night at uni many years ago - given how drunk everyone was he was really lovely. There was some guy with him from Home and Away I think (can’t fully remember now) who was a total letch in comparison.
Oooh I want to know who the Home and Away lech was!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I graced Iceland with my presence in order to pick up the best cottage cheese. If you like cc, then try this. It’s not runny or watery,
We’re not far from the farm so this is stocked all over. Our hospital canteen even stocks it. As a kid I used to eat it out of the pot with salt and vinegar crisps 😂 now I just eat it out of the pot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I graced Iceland with my presence in order to pick up the best cottage cheese. If you like cc, then try this. It’s not runny or watery,
Agree this is the best

View attachment 238624
That’s hilarious 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Fraus does anyone know why the lower cupboards in my kitchen would be making things a bit white and mouldy? The ones either side of the sink, nothing looks wet?

Oh I Googled looks like it’s probably cos of the outside wall and moisture from kitchen am a terror for letting it get too steamy 🤓

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Fraus does anyone know why the lower cupboards in my kitchen would be making things a bit white and mouldy? The ones either side of the sink, nothing looks wet?

Oh I Googled looks like it’s probably cos of the outside wall and moisture from kitchen am a terror for letting it get too steamy 🤓
I was just going to say - I get the same problem and it’s from the outside wall! And steamy windows kitchen.

• Heart
  • Haha
Oooh I want to know who the Home and Away lech was!
I think he played a character called Jesse? I remember the general consensus was he was a bit handsy when people had their pictures taken with him :sick:. Also the queue of people wanting to meet him was half the size of that waiting to see Dr Karl!

• Wow
I think he played a character called Jesse? I remember the general consensus was he was a bit handsy when people had their pictures taken with him :sick:. Also the queue of people wanting to meet him was half the size of that waiting to see Dr Karl!
Delivering the goods there, Eddie! I remember Jesse and can well imagine him getting a bit handsy. Delighted to hear Karl's queue was twice the size!

• Haha
I’ve been here less than a year and it was fine til now but yeah I’ve noticed some damp in the outside walls/chimney breast. It’s a very old house but a new kitchen and it’s ruined my slow cooker thing cos it’s too minging now I cant deal. it’s annoying because where else would I put my pans they’ll have to stay there I’ve just read to try putting some bicarb in there so will try that. I hate that musty smell I’ve thrown some coco pops away too 😭
Lol don’t take it out on the kids please!!
Yep I have my baking pans, Tupperware and whatnot in there but nothing that could suffer with the damp. I pulled out a wooden spoon the other day and 🤢🤢 And my special juicer man needed cleaning 😂

oh, really - bicarb? I’ll google that, sounds like a good idea.
Good luck with it and you have my empathy! Solidarity damp sisters! We are like Fungus the Bogeyman

• Haha
  • Heart
Rice might help to absorb the moisture. It works in salt containers.

• Heart
Yep I have my baking pans, Tupperware and whatnot in there but nothing that could suffer with the damp. I pulled out a wooden spoon the other day and 🤢🤢 And my special juicer man needed cleaning 😂

oh, really - bicarb? I’ll google that, sounds like a good idea.
Good luck with it and you have my empathy! Solidarity damp sisters! We are like Fungus the Bogeyman
hahaha thank you it’s good to know I’m not the only one with a soggy bottom

Rice might help to absorb the moisture. It works in salt containers.
Oh that’s a good idea! I’ll whack some in there now thanks

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.