Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m annoyed about that comment because it’s so ridiculous! Pisses me off when a few comments are taken out of context. It’s like when an influencer tries to kick off about tattle and screenshots all the swear words like it’ll prove we’re all awful 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Lol apparently we are awful (cool?) people for posting publicly in another part of tattle 😅 - hardly the 'gotcha' you think it is, honey.

I have never received an unsolicited dick pic in all my years of internet dating - dunno what I'm doing right (wrong?) but sometimes I think I'm missing out gaining some feminist stripes or sth?? 🥴
omg I didn’t even see that - and genuinely wasn’t referring to it - as I skim long ones now because I’d have no chance with baby! She’s in her second leap and loves sitting on my lap and I don’t want a phone in front of her face so just check in when she’s asleep (often!). Not that anyone needs to know 🥴

How purposefully reductive tho there’s more discussion of dicks than the MT? Spoiler we also hate wank vids and love donuts? To be on topic got cockles w dinner tonight and cannot wait x

• Heart
Reactions: 26
omg I didn’t even see that - and genuinely wasn’t referring to it - as I skim long ones now because I’d have no chance with baby! She’s in her second leap and loves sitting on my lap and I don’t want a phone in front of her face so just check in when she’s asleep (often!). Not that anyone needs to know 🥴

How purposefully reductive tho there’s more discussion of dicks than the MT? Spoiler we also hate wank vids and love donuts? To be on topic got cockles w dinner tonight and cannot wait x
Oh I love cockles!! I need to think about dinner...I've lost track of my intermittent fasting this week due to anxiety, so I think I'll try to have a nice meal tonight then get back to the routine tomorrow.

It's a weird time for me. In theory I'm going back to my regular job on Monday. Since coronavirus started I've been totally relying on what I refuse to call a side hustle 🤢 I write fairly inane SEO content, which is very dull but I do it well, so I can make a pretty comfortable living from it (with all the usual caveats about freelancing). Working from home is tedious, and I miss being around people, but hey, it is what it is.

Anyway I'm supposed to be doing my normal job from Monday, which is teaching intensive English courses to university students. Since I moved I now have a hefty commute, and we have all these brand new restrictions...the courses are allowed, but they really shouldn't be, they involve students travelling from all over the state, and it's a massive clusterfuck. To put it in a UK context, imagine that you have random students from London, Manchester, Cornwall, Cardiff, Liverpool all travelling to Edinburgh for a week, spending 5 days in close contact, then going home? Oh, and the average age is 21 so of course they'll be partying/shagging etc in the evenings.

I feel really guilty, because these courses 100% should not be happening, and they are likely to be a hotbed of infection. I was actually on the verge of telling my boss I don't wanna do it, but I've worked for this company for years and they've helped me a lot in the past.

I feel guilty AF right now though, and it's been bleeping with my head all week.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm sorry Alan 😞 you're a witty and good hearted frau, it wouldnt be the same on here without you! I hope this hasn't put you in a bad mood 💕
I was already on a downer. How come a week off work flies and a week at work drags like hell? I should’ve eaten more than toast all day that won’t have helped either. Thank you love

• Heart
I honestly don't understand that post on the MT? Maybe I'm being dim but I really don't get it at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Oh I love cockles!! I need to think about dinner...I've lost track of my intermittent fasting this week due to anxiety, so I think I'll try to have a nice meal tonight then get back to the routine tomorrow.

It's a weird time for me. In theory I'm going back to my regular job on Monday. Since coronavirus started I've been totally relying on what I refuse to call a side hustle 🤢 I write fairly inane SEO content, which is very dull but I do it well, so I can make a pretty comfortable living from it (with all the usual caveats about freelancing). Working from home is tedious, and I miss being around people, but hey, it is what it is.

Anyway I'm supposed to be doing my normal job from Monday, which is teaching intensive English courses to university students. Since I moved I now have a hefty commute, and we have all these brand new restrictions...the courses are allowed, but they really shouldn't be, they involve students travelling from all over the state, and it's a massive clusterfuck. To put it in a UK context, imagine that you have random students from London, Manchester, Cornwall, Cardiff, Liverpool all travelling to Edinburgh for a week, spending 5 days in close contact, then going home? Oh, and the average age is 21 so of course they'll be partying/shagging etc in the evenings.

I feel really guilty, because these courses 100% should not be happening, and they are likely to be a hotbed of infection. I was actually on the verge of telling my boss I don't wanna do it, but I've worked for this company for years and they've helped me a lot in the past.

I feel guilty AF right now though, and it's been bleeping with my head all week.
Ah that sounds difficult. Working from home hard agree it’s so weird I hate it. But yeah you feel complicit when you’re put in a position like that and yet can’t do the things you’d prefer to do socially

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ah i hate when it goes in same post! Treat this as separate

"do not send pics unless asked" is a good rule lads and not following it usually won't boost your prospects.

I do think some men kind fo get off on 'shocking' women with an unsolicited dick pic. Reminds me of when we used to get these men ringing into our call centre very obviously er...fondling their sausage and you can tell they were loving the kind of disgusted shock they get, like it was power.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I think I am putting 1 +1 together and getting 0, regarding the post... my eyes are tired from being on work laptop all day so think I have missed most of it.

Anyway, it’s Fridayyyyyyy which means more time to make a decent dinner as i have some time :). I think i will make a white wine risotto.

Hugs to the Fraus who need it ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22

If you don’t feel it’s safe & can afford to miss out on the work, then go with your gut and cancel it. Professional respect works both ways, they should respect you enough to not put yourself in danger and you respect them enough to write them an email explaining & suggesting an alternative (web based is working for educational institutes all over the world?!). You only get one body and your health is paramount, play it forward and think about what would happen if you did go ahead and caught it - what would you wished you’d have done? Do that!

@Alansbigplate you’re the best sending lots of love.

I think those comments have been deleted now btw. It’s disingenuous to suggest it’s a cool girls club, any reference to MT is in reference to actual bad things happening eg denial of poverty, denying people their preferred pronouns, fancying racist n*nces, Etc etc. These topics are usually deleted by mods & users have been blocked, so discussion is warranted? It’s not a bleeping thread burn book and I hope no one was made to feel bad as if it was.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I think I am putting 1 +1 together and getting 0, regarding the post...

Anyway, it’s Fridayyyyyyy which means more time to make a decent dinner as i have some time :). I think i will make a white wine risotto.
I think the member who posted the screenshots thinks that this thread has somehow been created to witch about the MT. I mean, if any of them had actually bothered to read through the FD threads, they could see that we do actually mainly talk about food and other life stuff, rather than the ‘horrors’ they imagine. It’s all very school girlish behaviour.

• Heart
I think the member who posted the screenshots thinks that this thread has somehow been created to witch about the MT. I mean, if any of them had actually bothered to read through the FD threads, they could see that we do actually mainly talk about food and other life stuff, rather than the ‘horrors’ they imagine. It’s all very school girlish behaviour.
Ohhh i see, I must have skimmed past their post... some of the MT threads go so quick I admit I skim some pages, and get drawn in by the funny gifs!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I've no idea what's going on but with regards to this thread being a bitching ground for the other thread... I don't even read the other thread so there goes that theory.

I am, however, happy to be in some sort of cool girl gang :cool:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I love you @Alansbigplate.....in a way.

(that’s a Partridge joke btw, should it go in the Partridge thread?! My head is fucked. I posted massive Jack and Cooper in there and then opened the MT to that. Thankfully my lady love @Pocahontas had warned me but I never fail to be surprised by people and the way they speak to and about people.

Ah well. On topic, having some new potatoes for tea. Love me a herby potato.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’ve missed something! Was it to do with Alan partridge? Because I would argue you can make Alan partridge relevant to all topics. I quote him at least once a day!

to the poster asking about this is chicken, it’s awesome but don’t accidentally boil it cos it’s bleeping disgusting if you do that

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh dear. I don't know you very well because I haven't been on tattle for long but you guys always make me smile. I feel like I have found my tribe. Big hugs

And.... I'm leaving you, you cow!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Stepped out of MT too, I just can't with that level of wtf.
I bloody love doughnuts but have never recieved an unsolicited willy photo...so, if okay I'll just pop myself quietly down & wave at the cool kids from the back of the class.

This thread is full of genuinely lovely, supportive peeps & you discuss topics across the board with humour, compassion & honesty.
I pop in occasionally for some rational sanity or to discuss the mind blowing cheese I once bought & I did spot 'Bum Mints' but veered away from that entirely for 'reasons'🤣

Big hugs to all you marvellous ninnies❤

• Heart
Hello, just popping in here really quickly because the JM thread has got super weird 😕.

Just wanted to say that I think you're a wonderful bunch. I really hope I've never said anything to upset anyone. My views seem to broadly align with people on this thread, having just flicked through the most recent few pages - but my comments on a family member's interview have annoyed some, which is fine, differences of opinion, and apparently I derailed the thread with Alan Partridge so that got moved, which again is fine, I didn't even think, but I'm all sorts of anxious that I've been annoying in some way 😰

If I have this was just a quick one to say sorry, like, a million times over. And also that you're all lovely.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.