Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s like a weak cream soda, with possibly some cinnamon and something else in, and froth on top. It’s not terrible (see what I did there?!), but it’s too sickly, and something about it’s not pleasant. I loathe artificial sweeteners- could be as simple as that for me.
I ALSO DISLIKE

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think we've all had enough today... butter beer's nice though.

butter beer drama > other drama.

night night ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Rumours of a month long lockdown has me a bit 🤯 every so often, its just a huge reminder that this is real life now!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I'm making Lasagne for dinner, it's my daughters favourite & after 6 terrible months stuck with her twattish ex, she's finally got the keys to her new house today so we're having a little woo-hoo.
(I've left out the fish fingers, sausages etc & haven't so much as looked at a picture of Mister Ed).

However, when it's cooked I'll probably strip down to my undies & drape myself over the Furniture Village coffee table with a portion in a jelly mold clutched betwixt my grubby hands...they'll just have to wait to eat until I've uploaded to my SM.
‘Betwixt’. Class word use.
All power to your daughter.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Watching Qi earlier and they were talking about the devils dwarves, and they mentioned shin injuries were up 75% 😂 think we have found mackie's regiment
I discovered recently, my daughter has somewhat of a crush on Alan Davies! We watch rather a lot of QI now 😂

Hope you're all on the mend now @Harrybosch

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Rumours of a month long lockdown has me a bit 🤯 every so often, its just a huge reminder that this is real life now!
Yes, me too. I’m glad Jack made horrible eggs to distract us all. I don’t have the brain space for it tonight. Freak out booked in for tomorrow morning. I know it gets said all the time but imagine showing our 2019 selves the front of today’s papers and we’re all just 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏿‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Side note, dating fraus. Would you eat eggs on a romantic meet up?! You just wouldn’t, would you? So strange.

I discovered recently, my daughter has somewhat of a crush on Alan Davies! We watch rather a lot of QI now 😂
Apparently his book that was released recently was excellent, sad though. I’d heard he wasn’t very nice in real life which I always hoped wasn’t true. The QI ep where they’re ripping into Stephen Fry when he talks about his tailor was just classic tv.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’ve never heard of butter beer - where is it made? Wonder if it’s like root beer, which I’ve adored from childhood.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes, me too. I’m glad Jack made horrible eggs to distract us all. I don’t have the brain space for it tonight. Freak out booked in for tomorrow morning. I know it gets said all the time but imagine showing our 2019 selves the front of today’s papers and we’re all just 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏿‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Side note, dating fraus. Would you eat eggs on a romantic meet up?! You just wouldn’t, would you? So strange.

Apparently his book that was released recently was excellent, sad though. I’d heard he wasn’t very nice in real life which I always hoped wasn’t true. The QI ep where they’re ripping into Stephen Fry when he talks about his tailor was just classic tv.
AD used to be at one of my baby groups regularly, back in the day 🔺he was/is very nice and friendly, and a very sweet and attentive father. The posh mums were all obsessed with him. If you’ve seen Motherland, think the episode where Amanda acts like a twit in front of a new dad. I haven’t read his book, but read an article with him talking about it, and it sounds heartbreaking, but very thoughtful.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve never heard of butter beer - where is it made? Wonder if it’s like root beer, which I’ve adored from childhood.
it's out of harry potter. it seems that many of us fraus have journeyed to Watford to partake of it and we have very different opinions. it's not at all like root beer cos it's nice! admittedly, my experience of root beer is limited to jelly belly beans many years ago. 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I do wish there were more hours in the day, so I could keep up with you all here, as well as over there.

I went to the Harry Potter studio tour today (Found tickets online yesterday!), it was fab, except for the butter beer. Didn’t eat there, and did veggie burgers and curly fries when we got home, which were bloody lovely.
I’m extremely jealous. We’ll be going at Christmas and I can’t bloody wait!

Sorry to hear you’ve been ill @Harrybosch. I wish plenty of doughnuts on your horizon once you’re free.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
@Spoonfulofjam - You were in my neck of the woods?! We could have had our very own mini-frau meet up! Hope you enjoyed yourself and dodged the tit balls weather.
Lolling at ‘the lurky weirdo who once told you about a chocolate bar’. Mate, that tale has been seared into my memory, and as others will attest, I have a good memory 😂

So sorry to hear of all of the stuff you’ve been going through. Remember what I said about Lois Lane and Superman ❤
Lord, weeping at your Lois Lane reference afresh.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve not caught up anywhere, but I just wanted to add to the voices saying how lovely you lot all are ❤
I was so pissed off when I saw ~that~ post with the screenshots. Ffs! You’ve done nothing wrong, obviously!
Anyway, I don’t know much about food or drink, but on topic (?) I don‘t really like mash, and I’d happily never see another willy for the rest of my life. I’m currently drinking a red wine and cola! Yes, combined. 🙈
Happy Friday everyone!
oh gosh, I just saw, get well soon @Harrybosch I don’t know you but you seem cool AF x

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Just posting to say I hope I have never offended anyone with my posts. I sometimes (well probably too many times) overshare. I'm a boomer, I was pissed off to find that out recently, I thought I was Gen X, scrape in as a boomer by a month or so!

Have on various threads shared the death of my son and my husband, my son just over 20 years ago, my husband (in his forties) just less than 10.

If anyone else is grieving, I fully empathise, it is hard, I just aim to be a survivor not a victim and don't succeed every day, I had months a few years ago I found it hard to get myself out of bed . For anyone struggling there is only one way to grieve, your way and it takes as long as it takes... 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I’ve not caught up anywhere, but I just wanted to add to the voices saying how lovely you lot all are ❤
I was so pissed off when I saw ~that~ post with the screenshots. Ffs! You’ve done nothing wrong, obviously!
Anyway, I don’t know much about food or drink, but on topic (?) I don‘t really like mash, and I’d happily never see another willy for the rest of my life. I’m currently drinking a red wine and cola! Yes, combined. 🙈
Happy Friday everyone!
oh gosh, I just saw, get well soon @Harrybosch I don’t know you but you seem cool AF x
Have you tried red wine with lemonade/7Up? It’s called tinto de verano. Nice in hot weather.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.