Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TurnedUpInTipp

VIP Member
First post over here but after seeing those screenshots yesterday (Which seemed odd) and having a read through for myself.
I read that some of the 'gender' conversation was extremely upsetting to some.
In all honesty, I answered a question and tried to move it back to Jack as quickly as possible.
I'd like to offer my deepest apologies if I have offended a single person on here.
It sincerely was not my intention.
Sorry.
I love cooking, I love chatting about cooking, I love recipes, I love recipe books.
I hope you don't mind me lurking around here checking out your food.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Flumps

VIP Member
Just tried a couple of times. No answer. Went to answering service.

Have to remember they would call me if something serious had happened. I can't sit here working myself into a panic. Must try to calm down. I had to come home tonight because have a house viewing tomorrow and I left the place in a mess, so am an hour away. I feel like getting in the car and going back to his so I am closer, but that would be stupid as house still isn't tidy and if everything is ok tomorrow/when I wake up, then that's just silly. But I feel like I want to be close, in case.

ETA: Rang again, tried a different route in, and managed to speak to someone. Nearly accidentally got him woken up, but she managed to stop Vivian (there was shouting) in time. He is fine, just sleeping, so now I am feeling unreasonable and worried that he must be feeling very crappy this evening to not have been able to text. But he is fine, still there, and I am going to stop being a dick and go to bed. Thank you guys. Sorry, must seem weird that I am using a corner of the internet to get through this, but I am billy-no-mates and I'm not going to bother my mum at this time of night.

Last edited:
  • Heart

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Lol apparently we are awful (cool?) people for posting publicly in another part of tattle 😅 - hardly the 'gotcha' you think it is, honey.

I have never received an unsolicited dick pic in all my years of internet dating - dunno what I'm doing right (wrong?) but sometimes I think I'm missing out gaining some feminist stripes or sth?? 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart

Universal

Chatty Member
I was BUSY last night so just dipped in and out and missed what actually happened in real time. Love to Fraus who were upset by it all ❤

Lovely to see loads of new people here, so one good thing came of it.

Am I only one shocked about the proposed 2nd national lockdown? Honestly I did not see that coming! I have made a little pledge to myself to use the time to make sure I eat properly so will spend today batch cooking and freezing portions for one. When the kids are at Bin-Cunts I am finding it hard being on my own and making the effort to cook just for me.

I started to get quite excited about the prospect of dating after texting these two men who seem nice. A national lockdown now makes it as exciting as having a fucking pen pal.

• Heart
  • Sad
Oh god guys a quick one for advice please:

I have a neighbour in her mid 80s. We met last year cos her house got broken into for car keys & our CCTV picked up footage, that night I went round with bits for her and ended up staying til 1am having a giggle she’s fab.

She wants me to come over and INTO HER HOUSE with baby! I texted her this morning saying I’d not forgive myself after seeing the graphs for over 60s plus I think it’s illegal (but kept it cute like who knows what the rules are anymore!). She’s texted me back saying we must come in & it would be impolite not to? 😫

The thing is I get why she doesn’t give a fuck, if I was 80 and my last years on earth were going to be so limited by covid I’d sooner live fast die young. But I also don’t particularly want to take baby in as I know this lady still sees her family? I’m going to stick to my guns and say drive because I can’t bear the guilt of it all but can I just have a signal boost that I’m doing the right thing please? Even typing this out helped xx

ETA sorry guys I’m crazy DEAR DIARY but I just texted her this, it’s so difficult and shit but I know what’s right and it’s not exposing an 84 year old to me and baby init

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
@Flumps hope your partner is feeling better today and you're both well 💕
I think your toddler and mine must be in a WhatsApp group planning this shit because that is word for word exactly what happened in our house last night! 😹
Yous must have a thread on toddle.life they both follow :ROFLMAO:

I am the proud owner of possibly the most horrifying pair of socks in the world

who could say no to purchasing these?! (If youre judging me for the prime delivery sticker i already have prime, i swear i did not pay extra for next day delivery in desperation to have these socks asap :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: )

• Haha
  • Heart

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
I realise that I just keep turning up and shouting random stuff at you all and leaving again but I don’t want you to think I’m some terrible misogynist or racist or something so I’ll tell you that I’ve just not been able to keep up. I told you guys that JamBoy was looking at redundancy and I was feeling the old responsibility hard - this is just amplified by everything going on in the world, work being super hard, the patriarchy, people dying in the channel etc. We were hoping to think about being lucky enough to start a family soon (am so conscious there are no guarantees in that area) but now just does not feel the time!

Anyway I’ll keep on chipping in but forgive me, if it’s poorly inserted random outbursts. Sometimes I think it’a a bit like when you’re on a train and there’s a hilarious group of hen gals at the next table and they’re just the right side of tipsy and really funny and they keep catching you laughing at what they’re saying. You guys are the hens and I’m just a weirdo on the train chortling at you. Hope you’re all ok. Flumps sounds like you’ve had a torrid time, BBS - what’s for you won’t pass you by whatever happens with the job, HTRIA I hope work stuff keeps looking up for your possible return, Poc I was in your neck of the woods the other day and I died to think you might be close by. Anyway too many others of you to mention. Just didn’t want to be that lurky weirdo who once told you about a chocolate bar and then turned up to holler stuff like that old man at a bus stop
I don’t think this thread has any ongoing conversation to it that’s the great thing we all come and go passing the hen party table on the way to the loo 😂 your first paragraph - the world is such a hard place, whatever brings you joy you must look forward to

• Heart

NP

VIP Member
I missed the drama. You’re all a bunch of lovely fraus. I’m always trying to follow these threads but usually end up piping up with something said 10 pages ago. I’m all for the doughnut and dick chat. Doughnuts are more my thing right now being pregnant. Dicks can fuck off right now thankyou. I live for Silver’s screenshots which I’m forever quoting and Alan, your gifs are genius. Don’t hate me but I’ve never seen Alan Partridge before but I appreciate your love and commitment to it (y)

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
hey, fellow cool kids. everything's already been said, but I love you all. ❤

and let's not forget, we were venting here cos people were being weird and bigoted. how terrible of us to be understanding of diversity! 🥴

Last edited:
  • Heart

Themaninblack

I seem to have missed a bit of a meltdown (for which I am grateful, tbh) but, as I said on the MT I came originally for JM and stayed for the cameraderie. This is the thread on which I find it most. Hugs to all the wounded. ❤ ❤ to all true frauen (and herren).

• Heart

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
We're gonna have to name the next thread something like "Food and Drink #13 All are welcome here" or
"Food and Drink #13 We're not a gang i swear, please come and talk to us" at this rate 😄

• Haha

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Well that is good to hear. Just fingering my cannoli this morning in advance of watching Nigella on SK. Will Jack get a Matt very much Matt mention?

After all this donut talk around here, I'm wondering how best to ice my ring. Anyone got any strong opinions on dipping versus drizzling?

• Haha

Dustye

Evening fraus. This is all a bit shit isn't it? I'm ashamed to say that I'm messaging from the gym, thought I should dash down there while I can with another lockdown imminent. I'm that prick.

Meet-up with my dad in Whitby was a total washout. We agreed to go for lunch at a pub a few miles away but had to sit at separate tables etc so I didn't really get to see him at all. I don't have a relationship with my mum so my dad is pretty much the totality of my family network. I hate that he's missed so much of his only grandchild's life - I calculated it as over a third - and it's only going to roll on.

Sorry to whinge. Shit day. Been taking it out on the kettlebells cos I'm a bodybuilder yeah?

• Heart
  • Sad

Silver Linings

VIP Member
I love you @Alansbigplate.....in a way.

(that’s a Partridge joke btw, should it go in the Partridge thread?! My head is fucked. I posted massive Jack and Cooper in there and then opened the MT to that. Thankfully my lady love @Pocahontas had warned me but I never fail to be surprised by people and the way they speak to and about people.

Ah well. On topic, having some new potatoes for tea. Love me a herby potato.

• Heart

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
@Flumps ❤❤

The interview was brief, quite informal, but went well I think. If anything, it was a nice chat & a laugh. Its actually comical how anxious I get before an interview. Fully aware I'm being a dickhead 😂 team sounds great, workload seems challenging but exciting.. so we shall see! I find out next week 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Flumps

VIP Member
This is exactly what I thought too - playing it forward imagine if the worst happened how could I tell them that I went round?! They’d rightly never forgive me for being so stupid! I could have it but just be asymptomatic, no one knows enough about this virus do they?!

Also most importantly sending you and partner lots of love, how are you both feeling today?
He's feeling a lot better than yesterday. Markers are down again. He's just been talking to me about work, went to his management meeting this morning <eyeroll emoji>, and is sending emails apparently. For the first time he asked the docs this morning about plans and when he'd be getting out, from the sounds of things it's likely to be towards the end of the week.

I'm working today, which is hard because I'm shattered, but useful to have a bit of a focus. We've decided I am not going to see him today, 3 hour round trip to do it from where I am now, as teen is back at school. I feel dreadful about that, which is daft as we normally go all week without seeing each other anyway, but it seems different in these times. I'm probably going up tomorrow to visit him and the cats. Hopefully have a massive food order coming tomorrow to batch cook a load of stuff later in the week.

Thank you for asking sweetie. I am so grateful to you all for the last week or so and giving me a space to vent while I try and look all serene to everyone else.

• Heart

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
walking through my area and it's making me so sad that normally the streets would be filled with happy
little trick or treaters. I hate how quiet it is!

the 10 year old went to an escape room with her friends (dressed as no face from spirited away) so mr blurst and i decided to throw caution to the
wind and go out for a slap up meal which i guess could be our last restaurant meal of 2020! went to a korean place and ordered kimchi pancakes, crispy seaweed rolls, pork dumplings, chicken wings and a fish cake and rice cake stew. it was a great decision.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow