Food & Drink #12 Willies and mash

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even if nothing much comes of it, you've at least got a bit of fun practice, and something to while away lockdown @Universal

Lol at Springsteen's bum @Dustye, that is a bit random

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
An ex-colleague of mine has set up an English teaching social media page where he posts random vocab, pictures etc (lots of ELT people do this).

Anyway, he posted the word shart with the caption "a bit rude but very useful vocabulary nevertheless", and I honesly can't stop laughing that anyone would consider a mixture of tit and fart to be "very useful vocabulary".

Wildly irrelevant, but I hope this will give you all a few HOOTS this morning.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Over the last 24 hours I've been occasionally trying to piece together what I remember of it as a distraction and I properly can't even remember for sure who killed who or why. Sorry my dear. I am hopeless.

Hah to jumper - my daughter is waif like and buys jumpers and they have that effect. I buy cosy jumpers and look like a busty off-duty 'lady' vicar (sorry to all cool and trendy vicars out there).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I agree with jumpers, the only trick I've found is buying ones with a low/v neck neckline seems to make them more flattering (and reduces my risk of overheating if youre like me and get too warm easily but hate taking them off and getting the static hair!) And getting thick materials (so doesnt cling to every lump) but then being daring and not sizing up

bonus if they come past your hips and are ultra comfy!!

My sister can pull off a poncho and im v jealous - its like socially acceptable blanket wearing!!! 😄

Lets not let the love for long cardigans go unwritten though! You can wrap yourself in them or even unleash a dramatic swish in them 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 17
loool your picture, why did she have to make that egg so DUSTY. I know I go on about birth all the time but think it's important to reassure women as we are continually forgotten by this government, even in the strictest of regulations I had a super positive c-section experience, and you will too I promise! If you want to discuss the ins & outs you're welcome to DM me as there's honestly nothing to fear! <3
Thank you. I’m a c-section pro at this point. (Completed it, mate). I’ve had two already. My hospital were brilliant both times and I feel very relaxed and positive about the next one. Even though I do become a complete crying wreck the moment I’m called to theatre.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh fraus 😔 what a load of tit. I was as close to JM as I’ve ever been last night, watching the news had me wanting to claw at the walls and howl like an ephemeral banshee. I feel so worried for everyone. Nothing profound or helpful to say, just solidarity with everyone who is dreading Thursday. I know some of you will have already been in lockdown up to now and can’t even imagine how this latest news is hitting. I’m just sorry and sad today. I feel like eating the panettone I bought for Christmas, can’t even face making the roast I was planning! I haven’t told my children about the impending doom yet, I’m wanting to fully get my head around it myself before starting to explain.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Morning fraus, trying to muscle my way into the sock sector 😄 seeing a friend for a socially distanced outdoor walk today before lockdown starts, hope you're all having a nice day

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Oh fraus 😔 what a load of tit. I was as close to JM as I’ve ever been last night, watching the news had me wanting to claw at the walls and howl like an ephemeral banshee. I feel so worried for everyone. Nothing profound or helpful to say, just solidarity with everyone who is dreading Thursday. I know some of you will have already been in lockdown up to now and can’t even imagine how this latest news is hitting. I’m just sorry and sad today. I feel like eating the panettone I bought for Christmas, can’t even face making the roast I was planning! I haven’t told my children about the impending doom yet, I’m wanting to fully get my head around it myself before starting to explain.
Love to you. Eat the panettone. Do whatever makes you feel a little better today ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It's a weird sensation isn't it, I've gone through a load of odd feelings with no logic behind them?! Wanting to binge chocolate, wanting to buy a load of plants, wanting to sort out a cupboard, wanting to paint the cupboard, wanting to sell a load of old books... Instead of that chaos I've just done next week's Ocado shop (usually just put 20 bags of cat litter in to hold my space and then do it the day before, but was worried about shortages caused by JM's stupid tweets) & organised baby's outgrown clothes into little capsule wardrobes to donate and put a load of other birthing bits in the car to give to midwives so at least remaining relatively productive??

• Heart
Reactions: 24
For any frauen who are feeling down, I have become a total yoga wanker since coronavirus hit. I was dabbling for a while but now I am full-on at it, have done at least 20 min a day every day since 1 September! I find it really helps with my anxiety; it took me a little while to see the mental benefits, but now they are here and they are HUGE. Physically I have changed too, I am definitely more flexible, a bit stronger, and can hold something resembling crow pose for a full 4 seconds.

Finding a teacher whose style suits you is key. There are so many on Youtube...a lot of people like Yoga with Adriene, I started with her videos but I find her a bit annoying and too slow-paced. I follow Lesley Fightmaster and love her.

I know yoga is in many ways Peak Wanker, but it has really helped me this year, and it's worth a shot if you've never tried. I actually mostly do it outdoors now, which is Peak Wanker Squared...my instagram stories are so ridiculous these days (having said that, this time last year I just posted about protesting in the streets, so maybe this is an improvement?).

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Finally finished my grunka through willy mash. Got back from a much needed week away in Devon yesterday. Spent the week with my 5yo having beach walks, pasties, cream teas and all the carbs basically. Felt great then back to scary news of lockdown 2.0 which scares me and it’s just the two of us at home and hard to social bubble with anyone without pissing off someone (do I choose my bf or mum).

Anyhoo, love to all and hope your fella is doing ok @Flumps

After playing catch-up -
- doughnuts - love any but more partial to the cheaper end of the scale. Your basic jam or hot seaside ones in a greasy paper bag 🤤
- teeth - I’ve had 3 pesky wisdom teeth out as they were growing sideways into my cheeks 🤢 and my little bro had an extra set of adult teeth that needed to be removed via GA
- root beer - yes please although tastes like germolene
- butter beer - yuck

I don’t know about the drama that went down as I don’t read the JM thread however I just have to say I love you lot and how welcoming and funny you are and I’ve loved contributing and reading when I can since that fateful day I bumped into you all via Downing Street 🤭

brekkie today was cinnamon buns before a windy forest walk with little ‘un and I’ve now got a chilli bubbling away in the slow cooker to top jacky P’s later.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Finally finished my grunka through willy mash. Got back from a much needed week away in Devon yesterday. Spent the week with my 5yo having beach walks, pasties, cream teas and all the carbs basically. Felt great then back to scary news of lockdown 2.0 which scares me and it’s just the two of us at home and hard to social bubble with anyone without pissing off someone (do I choose my bf or mum).

Anyhoo, love to all and hope your fella is doing ok @Flumps

After playing catch-up -
- doughnuts - love any but more partial to the cheaper end of the scale. Your basic jam or hot seaside ones in a greasy paper bag 🤤
- teeth - I’ve had 3 pesky wisdom teeth out as they were growing sideways into my cheeks 🤢 and my little bro had an extra set of adult teeth that needed to be removed via GA
- root beer - yes please although tastes like germolene
- butter beer - yuck

I don’t know about the drama that went down as I don’t read the JM thread however I just have to say I love you lot and how welcoming and funny you are and I’ve loved contributing and reading when I can since that fateful day I bumped into you all via Downing Street 🤭

brekkie today was cinnamon buns before a windy forest walk with little ‘un and I’ve now got a chilli bubbling away in the slow cooker to top jacky P’s later.
🤣 That fateful day. I seen things that day, I tell ya.
Love that you stayed with us!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
It's a weird sensation isn't it, I've gone through a load of odd feelings with no logic behind them?! Wanting to binge chocolate, wanting to buy a load of plants, wanting to sort out a cupboard, wanting to paint the cupboard, wanting to sell a load of old books... Instead of that chaos I've just done next week's Ocado shop (usually just put 20 bags of cat litter in to hold my space and then do it the day before, but was worried about shortages caused by JM's stupid tweets) & organised baby's outgrown clothes into little capsule wardrobes to donate and put a load of other birthing bits in the car to give to midwives so at least remaining relatively productive??
You’ve reminded me that organising and sorting makes me feel a lot better, and a lot more in control. I realised the last time I organised my kitchen, about a month ago, that so much good stuff hides away in the backs of cupboards and drawers. Once I’d got it all out, we did some cutesy family meal planning, and there was so much that I felt the food anxiety fade off a bit. I haven’t moved all day today. I’m somehow immobilized by the stress, but I’m going to give myself some small tasks to get me going.

Back on food topic. We have so many beautiful cook books, and used to quite often spend a Sunday evening looking through with the children and deciding what to make/have during the week. I think we should do this today. I need a focus 🤯

• Heart
20201101_145632.jpg

Lunch is a tuna steak with soy, honey & orange dressing on sweet potato mash. I added spinach because the plate looked a bit empty, and coriander to deter any nearby Monroes.

I have enough mash for tomorrow's packed lunch (probably with beef). I should really do some batch cooking for the week ahead, but it may take a little motivation...

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I made this for the first time after looking for something to do with the filo pastry that’s been in the freezer for months. It was so delicious. Had it with roast potatoes & veg. Definitely recommend it. It’s vegan too so any vegan fraus, give this a go.

E6ED67F2-169F-4047-9484-E5341F2E9E8C.jpeg

• Heart
View attachment 295837

Lunch is a tuna steak with soy, honey & orange dressing on sweet potato mash. I added spinach because the plate looked a bit empty, and coriander to deter any nearby Monroes.

I have enough mash for tomorrow's packed lunch (probably with beef). I should really do some batch cooking for the week ahead, but it may take a little motivation...
ooh what is the dressing recipe? this looks amazing

Reactions: 7
ooh what is the dressing recipe? this looks amazing
I eyeballed it: honey, soy, garlic, ginger, juice of half an orange (other half went into the mash) and a diced shallot*. Marinated the tuna for about 10 min, then added the marinade to the pan at the end of the cooking time to bubble up and reduce.

* I maintain that shallots are the easiest way to level up your cooking. They're the Leo Messi of the onion world!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hi all, I really hope everyone’s doing as ok as can be. It’s so sad to see how the pandemic, lockdown, and everything that comes with it affects everyone one way or another.
I don’t have the words to articulate myself in the way I wish I could, but basically it’s just tit, I really, genuinely feel for you all, you don’t deserve this ❤

I read an article back in March (it feels like 84 years ago now!) that explains how we’re all experiencing a kind of collective grief. I found it helpful at the time. It helped to get my head around such a weird situation, so I’ll share it here in case it helps anyone else.

And on a lighter note, here’s a video that makes me laugh every time, it’s only 34 seconds. I hope it makes others LOL too!
(I have a collection of random clips like this on YouTube that make me laugh every time, it’s just a tiny thing but it’s helped a bit this year).

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.