Food and Drink #52

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Think I’ve found the solution ( in fact , I might start a kickstarter 🤔 )
IMG_6764.jpeg

1) water pump. Water temp can be altered to preferred level of discomfort
2.adjustable clip to fit on variety of surfaces
3.shower head with flow range from drip to downpour. Can be programmed to provide chosen flow at either a rhythmic or random frequency
4. Big flashy light . Optional filter attachment to allow for projecting bat signal on wall. Other super hero beacons available ( additional purchase)
5. Pneumatic lift to raise and lower pillow.
6. vibration units with really noisy motors
7. 4 independently operating mp3 speakers . Can play 4 songs at once or the same song 4 times but started on 4 slightly different beats . Speakers have inbuilt playlists or can be synced to an external device for bigger choice
8. Heating and cooling elements
9.blanket grabber
10. Variable speed blanket retraction unit.

😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I managed to get back in, he was awake by the time I got home. I'm a light sleeper but this bloke could sleep through almost anything.
At one of our old houses you could break in through the loo window. Well, not him as he's a gentleman of a larger carriage but I could get through the window and hop on the seat no problems. Maybe not these days...

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I heard a joke somewhere that Britney's The Woman in Me memoir was actually about pegging, made me lol

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I got a new receipt woo-hoo 🙌 . Day made and it's not even lunchtime. Thank you wise ninnies - not even the first time I've made that particular mistake.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Tabbies are scratchers! I love them but they’re vicious.
---

Ring up and request a copy!
One of my great grandmothers had a (female) tabby called Christopher who was remembered, not fondly, for spending most of her time sitting on the kitchen table randomly "spagging"* passing children (including my mother). I never met this great grandmother or Christopher, but they are both vividly alive in my head. *"Spagging" was the word used for scratching in the land of my fathers, if young people today are using it differently please don't tell me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
My parents tabby cat is the only cat I've met that doesn't seem to hate children. Both of my cats are terrified of them, awkward as I live next door to children who love cats and endlessly try to pet them 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I managed to get back in, he was awake by the time I got home. I'm a light sleeper but this bloke could sleep through almost anything.
At one of our old houses you could break in through the loo window. Well, not him as he's a gentleman of a larger carriage but I could get through the window and hop on the seat no problems. Maybe not these days...
We used to have a coal hole, with a 12” square door. That served me well as a kid until my mother got it boxed in. Would’ve been useful the day they locked me out barefoot for six hours 🤬 with no money and it was pre mobile times.

• Wow
  • Sad
One of my great grandmothers had a (female) tabby called Christopher who was remembered, not fondly, for spending most of her time sitting on the kitchen table randomly "spagging"* passing children (including my mother). I never met this great grandmother or Christopher, but they are both vividly alive in my head. *"Spagging" was the word used for scratching in the land of my fathers, if young people today are using it differently please don't tell me.
I grew up with two large pastoral breed dogs. One of them was a bit of a furry idiot and just wanted to be friends with everyone and everything. He bounced up to my grandma's tabby cat to say hello, the cat looked at him with utter disdain, drew back a paw and walloped him across the nose with all its claws out. Dad swears blind that he heard the paw moving through the air and the claws coming out. Poor dog went and tried to hide under the bath.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I grew up with two large pastoral breed dogs. One of them was a bit of a furry idiot and just wanted to be friends with everyone and everything. He bounced up to my grandma's tabby cat to say hello, the cat looked at him with utter disdain, drew back a paw and walloped him across the nose with all its claws out. Dad swears blind that he heard the paw moving through the air and the claws coming out. Poor dog went and tried to hide under the bath.
My little dog learned that same lesson when he thought he'd cornered my friends' cat under the sofa and the cat slashed his nose. Still has the scar.

• Sad
  • Heart
I'd like to move swiftly on from pegging lemons.

I was clutching my pearls all day!

One of the best parts of my job at Watermelon Retreat is connecting with guests. Tonight I had the most lovely, real conversations with women and I feel really strong and in the right place as a result.

Also hehe I had a 45 minute power snooze before attending at WR and WoohSoloCat "small spooned" with me, and it was the sweetest thing. That was Bossy's position, and I've missed it. I've been half-wondering all evening about his animal behaviour.

Also a male volunteer at WR so has a crush on me, AND I LOVE IT

In case "clutching pearls" has an alt meaning, I wasn't actually clutching pearls. eek

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I still only think of clothes pegs. For ages I didn't get the connotation.
I went all out to do a load of outside work today, rained all day. - Travis (band)

• Haha
I remember buying eggs from the shop as a kid, they couldn’t understand me at all, so they made me say it in English. Well, there was much mirth and the man went and got me some pegs 🤣 i mean I wrote it down in Greek and everything

• Haha
  • Heart
The 2 young women on reception had bee jumpers, wings and deely boppers.
I did complain that nobeedy asked me join in .

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I remember buying eggs from the shop as a kid, they couldn’t understand me at all, so they made me say it in English. Well, there was much mirth and the man went and got me some pegs 🤣 i mean I wrote it down in Greek and everything
When my mum first moved to Greece she was very much new to the language.
she went to the shop and asked for (I hope I’ve got this right) ψωλή instead of ψωμί

For non-Greeks, that’s asking for 🍆 instead of 🥖she said the man in the shop was staring at her and half puzzled, half giggling. She realised what she’d asked for, grabbed my sister and ran out.
It’s a complicated language!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
When my mum first moved to Greece she was very much new to the language.
she went to the shop and asked for (I hope I’ve got this right) ψωλή instead of ψωμί

For non-Greeks, that’s asking for 🍆 instead of 🥖she said the man in the shop was staring at her and half puzzled, half giggling. She realised what she’d asked for, grabbed my sister and ran out.
It’s a complicated language!
Have you ever mispronounced s’agapo (this might be a Cyprus problem)

Reactions: 6
I had to have some work done on my car and there was a new mechanic at the garage. He surprised me by being polite, not being patronising, and communicating in words rather than odd grunting and whining noises, like the bloke who normally works there.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.