Food and Drink #52

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Like that time my dog was off-leash at the park and got into someone's station wagon with four other dogs. I nearly died of shame, he just sat there like a big white goose grinning that bulldog grin while I coaxed him out and everyone laughed (and clapped.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Is there a worldwide Tuxedo Canal? I'm not sure. I'd ask the gal herself but she's currently doing happy paws/kneading dough on my arm and can't be distracted.
That cat is very close, isn't it? Tuxies aren't known for their brain capacity so he could just be a bit of an odd Mrs Mangel type who's just inquisitive.
I tried teaching Alfie to sit the other day (chizcat could sit, do both paws, high five (which is basically still paw), and spin!). It did not go well, I didn't realise I was so overestimating him so much!

It works in his favour too though, chizcat would get bored of any toys I bought him literally within seconds (really the only stimulation he wanted was attention 🧡), whereas Alfie loves allllll the toys which is very, very lovely to watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I tried teaching Alfie to sit the other day (chizcat could sit, do both paws, high five (which is basically still paw), and spin!). It did not go well, I didn't realise I was so overestimating him so much!

It works in his favour too though, chizcat would get bored of any toys I bought him literally within seconds (really the only stimulation he wanted was attention 🧡), whereas Alfie loves allllll the toys which is very, very lovely to watch.
There was a study done on cats personalities related to their fur colour. Really interesting, especially if you personally know a haughty Tortie or a well-dressed, lovable but dopey Tux. I think Tabbies came out the friendliest? I've only had two Tabbies (Shyre and Pooh) and they were both extra friendly dudes.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Like that time my dog was off-leash at the park and got into someone's station wagon with four other dogs. I nearly died of shame, he just sat there like a big white goose grinning that bulldog grin while I coaxed him out and everyone laughed (and clapped.)
Dogs are the best! Old pooch Laz got caught up in a dog fight in Sefton Park; he wasn’t involved but chased one of the dog owners and would not stop chasing her. Turned out she had a freshly baked sausage roll in her pocket 🤣

Chizzy, once the flowers start to bloom I’ll take some pics 🌷 🌺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
All these cats out here doing mad tricks and I threw my dentist receipt in the bin this morning 🍉 because I forgot I could claim it back through work. Sigh.

• Sad
  • Heart
Dogs are the best! Old pooch Laz got caught up in a dog fight in Sefton Park; he wasn’t involved but chased one of the dog owners and would not stop chasing her. Turned out she had a freshly baked sausage roll in her pocket 🤣

Chizzy, once the flowers start to bloom I’ll take some pics 🌷 🌺
Laz, that's bloody hilarious!
This is the hero of the tale, Mr P. He was such a gentle soul and I miss him every day.
1716242260003.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 15
There was a study done on cats personalities related to their fur colour. Really interesting, especially if you personally know a haughty Tortie or a well-dressed, lovable but dopey Tux. I think Tabbies came out the friendliest? I've only had two Tabbies (Shyre and Pooh) and they were both extra friendly dudes.
Tabbies are scratchers! I love them but they’re vicious.
---
All these cats out here doing mad tricks and I threw my dentist receipt in the bin this morning 🍉 because I forgot I could claim it back through work. Sigh.
Ring up and request a copy!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
He looks like he would have been high up on the list of very good boys, MCM ❤😍❤

🥹 I wish dogs could live forever.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've never had a dog. I do feel I've missed out. Not enough to get one, before somebody says I should get 2

• Haha
mchops history of cats part 2-
So my brothers and best in show blue Peter cat and blue Peter badges were still pride of place. Smokey was still a handsome cat.
I was around 6 years old, one winter in the shed where the freezer was . A small black kitty. Not a kitten but young. We bonded . That's how Bandit arrived.
....cat 3 ?!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I didn’t know the chilli was dangerous!!!!
I’ve never really needed to repel a cat. Maybe start with lemons.
I would peg* the lemons at mean intruder cats.

*Peg is 80s slang "to throw hard fast and accurately, eg peg a lemon at a bully cat". Heh.

A bully cat comes over to my garden. It is a Burman or something that looks like a goody two shoes who should be on a s
It's got unusually high amounts of sugar in it at the moment (hot sunny days, bit of rain overnight - ideal growing conditions) and so more insulin than usual is being produced in their systems to deal with it. This affects some horses more than others. Tiny Pony has a condition called PPID (commonly known as Cushings), which affects about 20% of horses and ponies over the age of 15, and it means they're more prone to laminitis. I suspect the other two have it as well and am going to get them tested this year, but my finances have taken a bashing sorting the fencing out (£1,300) and Senior Dog has incurred a vet bill that's going to be in the region of £400-£600 today thanks to some major dental work, so I need to replenish the savings account first!

The weather is due to break here on Wednesday, we go back to rain, cloudy days and lower temperatures, so that will reduce the sugar levels and he should be fine on it again.
Solidarity

• Heart
I would peg* the lemons at mean intruder cats.

*Peg is 80s slang "to throw hard fast and accurately, eg peg a lemon at a bully cat". Heh.

A bully cat comes over to my garden. It is a Burman or something that looks like a goody two shoes who should be on a s

Solidarity
Peg means something else, now. Ask Geets.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I just managed to lock myself out of the house. Harold's sleeping and you could play the maracas right next to his head before he wakes up. His phone is off as well, waaah.
I'm on my way to do some food shopping so I hope he's semi awake by the time I get back.
I cleaned out my bag t'other day and left my keys on the table.
Whyyyyyyy
At least it's not raining but I'm not feeling the greatest today, not in the mood for cop-knocking on the door and shouting Harold until he gets up. Bloody hell.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Is it still illegal to talk about Hugh Bonneville getting pegged by an Irish prostitute? I know there was an injuction. Never mind .
Irish eh. Kinky.
---
I just managed to lock myself out of the house. Harold's sleeping and you could play the maracas right next to his head before he wakes up. His phone is off as well, waaah.
I'm on my way to do some food shopping so I hope he's semi awake by the time I get back.
I cleaned out my bag t'other day and left my keys on the table.
Whyyyyyyy
At least it's not raining but I'm not feeling the greatest today, not in the mood for cop-knocking on the door and shouting Harold until he gets up. Bloody hell.
I tit myself on your behalf then realised it isn’t midnight down there. I’d like to rescind a small amount of my sympathy. Also, have you tried the element of surprise to rouse him - like a rendition of Merry Christmas Everyone by Shakin Steven’s? Shouting “am cutting your hair Harold” that sort of thing?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.