Food and Drink #52

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all. Hope everyone has their nightsnacks sorted. Miscellaneous mitherings go here: food, drink, fluffy pets, music, anything else you want to chat about.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Still Caturday here for another hour, some big Thunderpaws here to kick off the new thread.
1713618224989.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Re gossip, no. Said tv star was very nice and lovely manners. It was my local so I imagine probably see them in there again. I’d feel a bit grubby blabbing stuff on here. I did want to share my surprise though 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@griftalo, hope your knees are feeling more comfortable - would advise you get them checked out. There is something with the Latin for kneecaps in the name which means pain when sitting but not walking, which is supposed to be helped by gentle stretching, and gentle stretching also works wonders for osteoarthritis (which can affect some people when sitting not walking too). Ibuprofen/ibuprofen gel/deep heat type sprays/ice packs can really help to take edge off too.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@griftalo, hope your knees are feeling more comfortable - would advise you get them checked out. There is something with the Latin for kneecaps in the name which means pain when sitting but not walking, which is supposed to be helped by gentle stretching, and gentle stretching also works wonders for osteoarthritis (which can affect some people when sitting not walking too). Ibuprofen/ibuprofen gel/deep heat type sprays/ice packs can really help to take edge off too.
Thank you! I need to go to the doctors anyway as I have big lump in my armpit 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi all, couldn’t stay away!
Anyway the mods sorted it, but I still feel like I want to change my account so I’m going to ask them on forum business
as it‘s freaked me out that someone would turn on me,like they’ve always “had it in for me” for years, and been waiting for the opportunity , that’s how it came across. That’s what the ignore button is for 🤷🏼‍♀️ I still feel sick thinking about it

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Hi all, couldn’t stay away!
Anyway the mods sorted it, but I still feel like I want to change my account so I’m going to ask them on forum business
as it‘s freaked me out that someone would turn on me,like they’ve always “had it in for me” for years, and been waiting for the opportunity , that’s how it came across. That’s what the ignore button is for 🤷🏼‍♀️ I still feel sick thinking about it
Sorry I think I’ve missed what happened but hope you’re ok Totes. I’m also really pleased to see you back though and hope they respond to your request.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Same, sending lots of love, Hotes. My cat has been helping my Harold to weed the garden today. My mum is getting worse and we have all made the decision that she's coming to live out her last few weeks/months here with us. She is coming next Saturday. Just hoping nothing terrible happens between then and now or I would never forgive myself for letting her go home last time. GP appt all set up and we are hoping to get a hospital bed for downstairs so she doesn't have to do stairs. One of the worst bits is talking to all her friends - one of them (who she went to school with) was telling me funny stories about their trip to the Isle of Wight (they'd just turned 60 and my mum kept flashing her OAP card as 'proof' she deserved the old persons' discount for things under the mistaken idea that no one could possibly believe she was 65) - she really wanted to take this friend on holiday one last time but it's not going to happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
As ever, I've missed something. Hotes, lots of love to you and your housemate.

Spring Naan is open! This is the original couple from Friends who have finally got their own gaff. So far, very very good. They've not seen me in 10 years, I guarantee I'm not the same weight, my hair is much longer and tied back - but they both remember me. Corner of Smithy & Kenmare.

Almost had a train chaos. Someone tutted at me as I wanted to use the bike spot for, well, my bike. No shins damaged and I escaped saying nothing more than thank (space) you.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
As ever, I've missed something. Hotes, lots of love to you and your housemate.

Spring Naan is open! This is the original couple from Friends who have finally got their own gaff. So far, very very good. They've not seen me in 10 years, I guarantee I'm not the same weight, my hair is much longer and tied back - but they both remember me. Corner of Smithy & Kenmare.

Almost had a train chaos. Someone tutted at me as I wanted to use the bike spot for, well, my bike. No shins damaged and I escaped saying nothing more than thank (space) you.
You got tutted at over the water, didn’t you?
Did I tell you I went to Jomsom on Doovedale Rd? It was everything I hoped! It was moderately spicy, I don’t tolerate spice so well any more but I do like it, so I ate the lot and regretted it once my brain recognised what was going on. They’re on Deliveroo if you CBA going, I hear the chow mien is legendary.
The black/mixed daal was a bit unusual. I liked it but it was almost tasting like yoghurt, very dairy-ish? It didn’t taste like any other daal I’ve had, but I liked it as its own “thing”.

You don’t get this sort of quality review from Grace Dent, do you

Last edited:
  • Heart
You got tutted at over the water, didn’t you?
Did I tell you I went to Jomsom on Doovedale Rd? It was everything I hoped! It was moderately spicy, I don’t tolerate spice so well any more but I do like it, so I ate the lot and regretted it once my brain recognised what was going on. They’re on Deliveroo if you CBA going, I hear the chow mien is legendary.
The black/mixed daal was a bit unusual. I liked it but it was almost tasting like yoghurt, very dairy-ish? It didn’t taste like any other daal I’ve had, but I liked it as its own “thing”.

You don’t get this sort of quality review from Grace Dent, do you
You'd think I was over the water but no! It was Birkdale. Easier station to get to in terms of my Strava average speed traffic than Southport and has a Spar next to it for train snacks. They are like night snacks but to cater for eating on a moving vehicle & me having done 90 minutes exercise. Train was a class 777 so the waste receptacle is not as convenient as on the old 507/508. However the superior parking for my bike makes up for it - hooks to keep it stable rather than the useless wedge things. This is Portillo level rail reviews ;)

I'm keen on a trip to Jomson but as ever, struggling for friends to join me. So might just get a take away. The dumpling starters have had good reviews.

• Heart
You'd think I was over the water but no! It was Birkdale. Easier station to get to in terms of my Strava average speed traffic than Southport and has a Spar next to it for train snacks. They are like night snacks but to cater for eating on a moving vehicle & me having done 90 minutes exercise. Train was a class 777 so the waste receptacle is not as convenient as on the old 507/508. However the superior parking for my bike makes up for it - hooks to keep it stable rather than the useless wedge things. This is Portillo level rail reviews ;)

I'm keen on a trip to Jomson but as ever, struggling for friends to join me. So might just get a take away. The dumpling starters have had good reviews.
“train snacks. They are like night snacks but to cater for eating on a moving vehicle“

This made me lol!!!
And I loved your whole review!

What are good train snacks? For you, and everyone else too?

I like a coffee and a kitkat.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Still posh.
---

Oh shoot I forgot about the momo‘s. The vegan ones were delicious.
By the was 🍉Heron was overrun with alternative milks and minor figures oat lattes in a can last time I went. Alpro Coconut and Cashew milk?Hazelnut barista, rice milk. Madness.
---
“train snacks. They are like night snacks but to cater for eating on a moving vehicle“

This made me lol!!!
And I loved your whole review!

What are good train snacks? For you, and everyone else too?

I like a coffee and a kitkat.
mini pack of Jaffa Cakes or shortbread fingers, if I’m buying on the West Coast line.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m a fan of travelling cheese . A little tub with some form of cracker ( like off brand ritz or some Crawfords cheese savourys) and either a babybel or cheese string . Maybe a dairylea dunker too ( jumbo tube or nachos ) if I’m feeling particularly snack ish . Then if the journey involves a change , it’s normally possible to acquire some kind of melty cheese based snack, such as a cheese twist, or a toastie at the connecting station , which keeps me going for the second leg. If the journey involves more than one change, then the melty cheese is reserved for the last change, because although I trust the efficiency of my lactose digestion aid tablets, I do not want to find myself at the mercy of a train toilet.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
A boots cheese sandwich (cheese spread and cheese) with Higgidy feta and red pepper (2 rolls) and a Pepsi max if I’m getting a meal deal from the station.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I do enjoy getting a nice sandwich from simply food for a train journey. something properly nice, like a beef and horseradish or crayfish and rocket

no nightsnacks for me tonight cos im feeling a bit crap so I'm gonna get all snuggled up with a hot water bottle. just hope we can get to sleep cos we both had really long naps today!

• Heart