Food and Drink #52

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They used to sell meatzzas in M&S. Best 6 weeks of my low-carbing life!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
@griftalo The Pooh-fume is on its way after a short break in sunny L.A.
It's kind of fun watching it making its way here, gives me something to do while Harold is telling me the plot of the new Deadpool & Wolverine film.
1716402339759.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
@griftalo The Pooh-fume is on its way after a short break in sunny L.A.
It's kind of fun watching it making its way here, gives me something to do while Harold is telling me the plot of the new Deadpool & Wolverine film.
View attachment 2951464
Funnily enough I was thinking today that it won’t be long!! I’m excited!

Couldn’t face kitchen mess or even YH cooking today so we got take out. I’ve had a chicken burger and tater tots. Really enjoyed it.
One of the kids has now been sick though. Not from the same food. I think they have had too much grease today, I was the same as a kid. Fingers crossed it’s just the once.
Finally moved a chest of drawers I’ve been planning to move for weeks now. YH didn’t even notice. It was stuck in the upstairs hall for 3m making it a bit of a tight walk through, and it is now in the bedroom. How do you not notice a big space appearing where you walk to the toilet many times a day?!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Finally moved a chest of drawers I’ve been planning to move for weeks now. YH didn’t even notice. It was stuck in the upstairs hall for 3m making it a bit of a tight walk through, and it is now in the bedroom. How do you not notice a big space appearing where you walk to the toilet many times a day?!
Took my dad three months to comment on a whole new wardrobe that mum bought and moved all his clothes into while he was away once.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
i'd love to give more suggestions or advice, but i'm a dyed in the wool civil servant who's only ever worked here (if i don't count the 2 retail jobs i had at 18/19).
It'll be no surprise therefore, that i'll recommend you have a search on here; Civil Service job search - Civil Service Jobs - GOV.UK

i hope you're ok, i'm sorry for how things are at the moment. we're here if you need to let off some steam. if i spy you in the pub at the weekend which i have a feeling i might, i'll nod in your direction.
Thank you so much... I will certainly look at the jobs. Was too overwhelmed to reply last night.

I'm on call, and I never drink when on call. Please do not cross check my bank statements and the on call rota, you can take this on trust!

Will be in over the weekend. I'll be the one with a tin opener in my back pocket, Morrissey style. Jk, I'll be in cargo shorts, 110s, probably a long sleeved top (so my fans don't recognise me as I have zero tats) and maybe sunnies on my head. Paying for ale with my magic ring, no euphemism. Give me a nod and a wink, I'll get the turbo baby Guinness in.

Fuming that Jomson on Dovey Road is closed next week as I was planning a trip to celebrate the end of my on call stint. I love Nepalese food as it has so much depth of flavour.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Paying for ale with my magic ring, no euphemism. Give me a nod and a wink, I'll get the turbo baby Guinness in.
I hope you’re ok today. You mentioned before on here about your fancy ring so every time I’m in there I look out for it!

anyway, this:

I find it weird the BBC report this as if it’s fact.

Miracles are typically investigated and assessed over a period of several months, with a person being eligible for sainthood after they have two to their name.

• Wow
  • Haha
I raised and taught Catholicism by my dad who hated it as an Irish Catholic. I'm surprised the tit has lasted this long. Good riddance to it. What's the pope doing? Try to be all hip and modern. How about you distribute the billions you have to the poor and needy.
Wankers, literally.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I hope you’re ok today. You mentioned before on here about your fancy ring so every time I’m in there I look out for it!

anyway, this:

Miracles are typically investigated and assessed over a period of several months, with a person being eligible for sainthood after they have two to their name.
As a cradle Catholic (long lapsed), I still find it interesting that the Church still has these weird, archaic practices that are totally anachronistic in our rational, evidence-based age. But then, you only have to look at some of the odd stuff peddled on the internet and you realise there's a lot of kooks out there.

This was in the Daily Star today, for example:

1716494090862.png

• Haha
Reactions: 12

anyway, this:

It all sounds very bizarre and exotic IF you’re not Catholic and/or you know nothing about miracles, beatification and canonisation 🙄
This is the equivalent of a day at the office for Frank

• Heart
That would be an ecumenical matter.
He could have been pope, bloody jesuits

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I went to a craft educational thing today. I don’t want to watermelon myself lol. It was fun but the best bit was finding that there’s a hoop (not rinsed) class I could go to! Yay for getting to hang upside down and it not be weird.
Not cooked real food again. Frozen battered fish and oven chips with peas. Period today

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I went to a craft educational thing today. I don’t want to watermelon myself lol. It was fun but the best bit was finding that there’s a hoop (not rinsed) class I could go to! Yay for getting to hang upside down and it not be weird.
Not cooked real food again. Frozen battered fish and oven chips with peas. Period today
Hanging upside down isn't weird if you're a bat. Also Good excuse to repost the Susan-as-bat @BubbleDuck made a couple of Halloweens ago.
1716493575238.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I like bats. You see plenty fishing. I used to fish the lake of an old 18th century house in Sidcup. Loads of bats. Great for South East london. Then the sports club got astro turf pitches and flood lights and stayed open till 1130pm . Both myself and the bats stopped going there.
The big bats up Australia's tropical North, huge. I rescued a costal taipan with a ranger because it had found the injured bat sanctuary and was wolfing them down.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I like bats. You see plenty fishing. I used to fish the lake of an old 18th century house in Sidcup. Loads of bats. Great for South East london. Then the sports club got astro turf pitches and flood lights and stayed open till 1130pm . Both myself and the bats stopped going there.
The big bats up Australia's tropical North, huge. I rescued a costal taipan with a ranger because it had found the injured bat sanctuary and was wolfing them down.
There's a bat walk near where my friend lives (right down the bottom of Eastern Victoria.) Such a cool experience walking through it at sunset.
We used to have a couple of bats at our old place, we'd always see them at night. Called them Chief and Lieutenant for some reason.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.