Food and Drink #52

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had to have some work done on my car and there was a new mechanic at the garage. He surprised me by being polite, not being patronising, and communicating in words rather than odd grunting and whining noises, like the bloke who normally works there.
Scary when they do that. Pretty standard when I worked/trained though sometimes I heard words. Not often mind.

Most decided I was a bloke with breasts or, lesbian to accept me 🙄 (back when such things weren’t acceptable which says A LOT) otherwise they couldn’t cope; then there was parents evening when one of my tutors told them I was cool, first one to pass and all that! Then they felt it necessary to quantify what ‘first one’ meant and said they’d never met a lesbian before.. it did NOT go down well. At all. My mum was already severely concerned that I’d not slept with all the guys on my course and this cemented that I must be gay. Decades later they still don’t believe I’m not gay.. The tutors bravery for using words (usually it was just grunts with me) was to be fired and I had to sit through excruciating conversation about therapy would ‘fix me’ but they were sorry to see me go (I went nowhere; even less words after that).

Sometimes it’s best to grunt if words aren’t your thing!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
in more of my "they want me back to the office full time, but how the hell is that gonna work" story

last week, manager sent a meeting request for this am for 0900, when I don't start till 0930 when I go into the office

I dutifully accepted, got myself in for just before 9, having paid an extra £5 for the peak time uber. did she show? did she duck

on the plus side, now we're sharing an office with one of our more, shall we say, outspoken audio typists, my colleague is really keeping the volume down, which is great for me 😃

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
in more of my "they want me back to the office full time, but how the hell is that gonna work" story

last week, manager sent a meeting request for this am for 0900, when I don't start till 0930 when I go into the office

I dutifully accepted, got myself in for just before 9, having paid an extra £5 for the peak time uber. did she show? did she duck

on the plus side, now we're sharing an office with one of our more, shall we say, outspoken audio typists, my colleague is really keeping the volume down, which is great for me 😃
Submit the receipt on expenses 🤣
so just to recap, there aren’t enough desks for you to have a desk every day, but you have to now come in every day?

Reactions: 10

Sneaky sneks. An adder and a grass snek apparently.
Superb press release though
"In the meantime, they are encouraging the public to get in touch with any questions regarding the booster, noting that their colleagues will not be able to answer any reptile-related questions."

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Alfie is feeling a wee bit sorry for himself today after his booster jab yesterday and has wedged himself behind my wardrobe.

IMG_6112.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Superb press release though
"In the meantime, they are encouraging the public to get in touch with any questions regarding the booster, noting that their colleagues will not be able to answer any reptile-related questions."
My health board ninnies.
‘Nuff said.

Is there room behind that wardrobe for me???

• Heart
  • Haha
My cats are so livid at the rain, I open the door for them (of course they don't want to go out so I close the door) stupid little boy imagines every time I close it the weather has changed and scratches to go out again 🙄 spent the whole of yesterday evening opening and closing the back door, for people in London, when on earth is this rain supposed to end?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Dear @griftalo . Thank you re ashwagandha mention.

I decided to give it a go, after lots of googling and over thinking and then not over thinking. If I was taking meds I wouldn't interfere with them at all, but I've had strong, calm several days from Saturday when I picked up Blackmores ashwaghanda tabs.

GORGEOUS day today. Watermelon Retreat Kitchen smashed it; I'm so proud of our team on a peak day. I dealt with all issues of enmity; they have been set aside after some short bold team discussions. I have done more for team development and am more proud of this "small job" than I ever did or was in my former career.

Guess what else? Car in for service today. Was so worried about $ today and a mechanic's sad shake of head telling me the car has been over used and on its way out.

No! Car is GREAT. Dollars are still in my pocket.

I hate to sound corny but I feel like a lot of hard work and care is worth it. I did know it would be fine. I was just starting to wonder, "when?"!!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
My cats are so livid at the rain, I open the door for them (of course they don't want to go out so I close the door) stupid little boy imagines every time I close it the weather has changed and scratches to go out again 🙄 spent the whole of yesterday evening opening and closing the back door, for people in London, when on earth is this rain supposed to end?!
Apparently it’ll get rainy again come rush hour. Fun fun fun.

I like it though, fresh.

• Heart
Dear @griftalo . Thank you re ashwagandha mention.

I decided to give it a go, after lots of googling and over thinking and then not over thinking. If I was taking meds I wouldn't interfere with them at all, but I've had strong, calm several days from Saturday when I picked up Blackmores ashwaghanda tabs.

GORGEOUS day today. Watermelon Retreat Kitchen smashed it; I'm so proud of our team on a peak day. I dealt with all issues of enmity; they have been set aside after some short bold team discussions. I have done more for team development and am more proud of this "small job" than I ever did or was in my former career.

Guess what else? Car in for service today. Was so worried about $ today and a mechanic's sad shake of head telling me the car has been over used and on its way out.

No! Car is GREAT. Dollars are still in my pocket.

I hate to sound corny but I feel like a lot of hard work and care is worth it. I did know it would be fine. I was just starting to wonder, "when?"!!
Brilliant news! I’m so glad it was helpful.
Here in the NW it has been pouring down all day. School run was miserable. I have a headache that could go into migraine I think. Better get me some magnesium.
IMG_1109.jpeg
My cat has been snoozing in heavenly level comfort on a long haired sheepskin all day. He’s happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The Ginger Monster always meows at me to turn the rain off, like he meows for the light on when he needs a poo at night. He will not have it that I cannot turn off the rain, and would have turned it off ages ago if I could.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
So absolutely should have gone behind that wardrobe today.

The strap on my bag broke as I was crossing the road.
Got to the other side to find the dropped kerb blocked by a family with pushchairs who were not there as I was crossing.
Then I fell apart getting food after the woman, total stranger, behind till asked me if I was ok and I ended up in tears, TELLING HER (big no no given court case coming up!) and collapsing on floor, then getting scared at people trying to be kind and help.

😔

I knew I should have gone behind that wardrobe!!

So I’m gonna hide in bed instead.

I have something yummy for later, if I escape the bed. I may not bother!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This unhinged post was recommended to me on Facebook (and why???). Do you think it's real or a joke? I can't get over the caption 'carnivore is a diet, unlike veganists we aren't practicing a religion'. Are they sure about that? The meatzza looks pretty satanic to me. I think it would summon a demon, that's all I'm saying. 🤷‍♀️

1716389571158.png

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Isn't Meatzza a Nigella recipe? Was on one of the TV series.

Taking emergency leave as my colleagues are tipping me over the edge. Again. Any recommendations on job search websites? Ideally in the IT world, but customer service management generally is fine.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This unhinged post was recommended to me on Facebook (and why???). Do you think it's real or a joke? I can't get over the caption 'carnivore is a diet, unlike veganists we aren't practicing a religion'. Are they sure about that? The meatzza looks pretty satanic to me. I think it would summon a demon, that's all I'm saying. 🤷‍♀️

View attachment 2951059
Iirc Nigeria made a mmeatazza.. doesn't make it okay though 😅

ive made nigella's meatzza in the past. its delish if you're into that sort of thing

Isn't Meatzza a Nigella recipe? Was on one of the TV series.

Taking emergency leave as my colleagues are tipping me over the edge. Again. Any recommendations on job search websites? Ideally in the IT world, but customer service management generally is fine.
i'd love to give more suggestions or advice, but i'm a dyed in the wool civil servant who's only ever worked here (if i don't count the 2 retail jobs i had at 18/19).
It'll be no surprise therefore, that i'll recommend you have a search on here; Civil Service job search - Civil Service Jobs - GOV.UK

i hope you're ok, i'm sorry for how things are at the moment. we're here if you need to let off some steam. if i spy you in the pub at the weekend which i have a feeling i might, i'll nod in your direction.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.