Food and Drink #52

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I say this every time the topic of bats comes up around here, but batpiss absolutely stinks. It is not a good idea to commune with bats immediately before taking a 4 hour train journey 🍉 .

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I say this every time the topic of bats comes up around here, but batpiss absolutely stinks. It is not a good idea to commune with bats immediately before taking a 4 hour train journey 🍉 .
How very dare you! It’s like roses.

YH - the doler out of lick e lix has not given out today. Fluffy baby has been trying to signal the neighbours to assist y trying to get behind the curtains and has settled on collapsing himself mournfully in front of the tv. I have voice over-ed the whole event for YH about his imminent fading away.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm playing revels roulette. 2.25 for a duck all sized bag. First malteser copy

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Hey, hope it's ok to ask here.

A few days ago the bathroom had a major flood. It temporarily affected electricity in the flat below, some of the water seeped under the wall into the adjoining bedroom. There's already no real flooring in the bathroom. But anyway. The leak was from the sink pipe, not the toilet, but the whole flat reeks of sewer. It seems to be getting worse rather than better and is making me feel ill.

I don't know the best way to address this problem?

eta, my main worry is any adverse health effects.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5

A few days ago the bathroom had a major flood. It temporarily affected electricity in the flat below, some of the water seeped under the wall into the adjoining bedroom. There's already no real flooring in the bathroom. But anyway. The leak was from the sink pipe, not the toilet, but the whole flat reeks of sewer. It seems to be getting worse rather than better and is making me feel ill.

A humidifier hired from hss or a plant hire firm is your best bet to get damp sorted slightly quicker. It will smell though. That amount of water takes ages to soak through and dry up.
Eta. Are you not using the sink ? The trap might be dried out .

The internet says to ventilate the area as much as possible (it's chucking it down here, so might not be practical where you are). Apparently salt and baking soda mixed together neutralises the smell.
Edit: and it's always okay to post whatever you like here, it's the One Show of Tattle threads.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thanks @Hollaaa and @mchops for suggestions. I've tried spraying the floor with disinfectant and using a fan I bought during the heatwave. Windows have been open during the day despite the rain, but unfortunately they need to be closed at night because the balcony light attracts insects.
---
Eta. Are you not using the sink ? The trap might be dried out .
There's an issue with the tap, so we're just avoiding the sink and using the kitchen one instead. I did wonder if the smell was caused by electrical damage, but there've been no problems with light switches etc.

I was trying to figure out if I needed to call someone in to deal with it or if the problem will resolve itself eventually.
---
Edit: and it's always okay to post whatever you like here, it's the One Show of Tattle threads.
Haha love that description.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Hadn't thought of that but it would make sense. And all of that stuff is really old which probably doesn't help.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

eta, my main worry is any adverse health effects.
You need a good dehumidifier. You can hire them. Spraying hydrogen peroxide on flooring might help with the smell.
---
Thanks @Hollaaa and @mchops for suggestions. I've tried spraying the floor with disinfectant and using a fan I bought during the heatwave. Windows have been open during the day despite the rain, but unfortunately they need to be closed at night because the balcony light attracts insects.
---

There's an issue with the tap, so we're just avoiding the sink and using the kitchen one instead. I did wonder if the smell was caused by electrical damage, but there've been no problems with light switches etc.

I was trying to figure out if I needed to call someone in to deal with it or if the problem will resolve itself eventually.
---

Haha love that description.
Seen you’re not using the sink. Poor some hot water and soda crystals down it. If that doesn’t work, go for drain unblocker and periodically pour water down that drain.

Reactions: 7
Just been downstairs and our kitchen smells of eggs because we had boiled eggs with a salad for dinner. No sardines, mind you, so it could have been worse.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Just been downstairs and our kitchen smells of eggs because we had boiled eggs with a salad for dinner. No sardines, mind you, so it could have been worse.
Hate to admit that my first thought after the flooding was 'is this how the lingering honk smells?'
---
No sardines, mind you, so it could have been worse.
Maybe try drying them out on a radiator. 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My Tattle background colour has changed from blue to purple.

I embrace the ever-changing flow of life

• Haha
She's HippoSue this week. Lies in her big box with just her eyes and ears showing, like a hippo seeking prey.
I've a Bossy photo. You've reminded me!
1000004321.jpg

I think she thought she was a lion and I was on safari

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
In so much pain this morning. Got to do school run regardless. I consider myself blessed not to have had this pain my whole life but ugggh I’m really finding it hard today. 3 ibuprofen for breakfast. They better work fast.
Happy Friday everyone

• Heart
Reactions: 13
In so much pain this morning. Got to do school run regardless. I consider myself blessed not to have had this pain my whole life but ugggh I’m really finding it hard today. 3 ibuprofen for breakfast. They better work fast.
Happy Friday everyone
I feel for you, pain is more than just physical. It can really mess with your mental health as well.
1716534325016.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Nearly got hit by a bus getting to school. 😬 that’s all my adrenaline used up now
Bonus though, 3 ibuprofen has started working.

• Heart
Nearly got hit by a bus getting to school. 😬 that’s all my adrenaline used up now
Bonus though, 3 ibuprofen has started working.
How are you feeling now? Best wishes for Friday - to you and to everyone

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.