Food and Drink #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Once when I was walking away from a seafood stall, purchases in hands, a seagull dive bombed me and stole a load of my king prawns. I was not happy as they were ££ as well 😤
I went to Scarborough a few years ago with my ex who’s southern, he couldn’t understand a word anyone was saying.
He bought some seafood from a stall and got frightened when the woman started ‘angrily gesturing about something’, turns out she was just telling him to be careful of ‘those bloody seagulls’ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I have no seagull stories, but a Canadian goose once stole my brother's chips, swiped the whole punnet right out of his hands and waddled off.

You don't duck with the business of a goose.
Well, they haven't met Gullzilla yet, have they.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Have you been looking in my secret recipe notebook!?!

full disclosure- it wasn’t a banana bread recipe I subbed in yazoo for , it was banana pancakes. They tasted like a mildly chemical banana flavoured pancake. I ate them with foam bananas and marshmallow fluff because the recipe said to top with sliced bananas and a spoon of yogurt , and I didn’t have either of those . And yes, I still counted it as 1 of my 5 a day 😎

For my tea tonight I had cucumber ribbons, chunks of watermelon, sweetcorn , diced peppers and baby mozzerella balls with a pesto dressing. With an ice cold peach tea topped up with lemonade . It was delicious and nutritious. My body has reacted to the sudden influx of veg after several beige carb days with heartburn and bloating 😂🤦‍♀️
Those pancakes sound like they’d kill you but you’d die happy

• Haha
Reactions: 20
@Limey Thank you for mentioning John Shuttleworth on the MT! I’d never heard of him but as soon as I saw the lines -

‘Two margarines on the go
It's a nightmare scenarioooooo'

- I knew it would be hilarious. Just watched it, can’t stop laughing.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
@Limey Thank you for mentioning John Shuttleworth on the MT! I’d never heard of him but as soon as I saw the lines -

‘Two margarines on the go
It's a nightmare scenarioooooo'

- I knew it would be hilarious. Just watched it, can’t stop laughing.

From his Twitter a couple of weeks ago. A fearsome scenario indeed!
91474EC4-0C5D-41F1-800D-A43EE5B716DF.jpeg

0DF4E49B-BBFA-41E9-BB85-ABCF5E5D1F50.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Evening.

I hope you are ok @kachoochoo . It's a dreadful loss when any pet companion passes. They give us so much ❤. We had to have our beautiful girl cat PTS on Christmas day a few years ago. I won't go into detail, I'm still not over it. I just hold on to the fact that I made the right decision and that, unfortunately, our pets rarely outlive us. So they know our love and complete comfort for the whole of their lives 🙂. And with the most adored rescues, they know that love too. Although we, as humans would like it to be longer, we shower them with love in their final years 🙂.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Have you ever wondered what the vegetarian version of nightmeat is? TinySnek has the answer
A8EC1A4D-60B2-4648-AB7C-A2E0618A0B49.jpeg

I can’t sleep because it’s still ridiculously warm, so I’m scrolling pointlessly through Facebook, Instagram and tiktok. I could catch up on the MT but like others have said, it has a weird vibe atm. almost like undercover squiggey sabotage is afoot . I lack the words , sleep and caffeine to explain myself properly. Please send braincell-os

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I'm glad others have noticed the vibe.

I've just been out with my dog, the air is so fresh and cool, even if you go stand on your doorstep for ten minutes, I highly recommend it!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I've caught Susan at an odd angle, she looks like a pillow pet with a tiny head and extra fur. She has her winter coat atm so is about 89% fluff.
7ECFC161-05F5-4578-A8E9-83E688B799BA.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 33
As it’s still Saturday here, I’m sliding in with an old news facto I’ve only just discovered. If you type any of the characters from friends into google search-eg “Joey Friends” and click the little icon, fun stuff happens! Joey Phoebe and Chandler’s are the best

ALSO, if you have ever wished to learn the dance moves for Cha-Cha Slide, once more, google is your chum. Search for it, click the microphone icon and keep clicking it to learn them in sequence. I love it! Googling “askew” made me feel a bit dizzy tho…

3BF5D3D3-160A-4CAB-A0CC-E0EFEAFFF04C.jpeg

Double Post Chaos Incoming. Just listened to this story from This American Life again for the first time in a long time. It’s fundamentally a pretty sad tale but the man is just so, so very lovely that it’s just beautiful to listen to and actually quite heartwarming. Highly recommended if you haven’t heard it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Have you ever wondered what the vegetarian version of nightmeat is? TinySnek has the answer View attachment 1496724
I can’t sleep because it’s still ridiculously warm, so I’m scrolling pointlessly through Facebook, Instagram and tiktok. I could catch up on the MT but like others have said, it has a weird vibe atm. almost like undercover squiggey sabotage is afoot . I lack the words , sleep and caffeine to explain myself properly. Please send braincell-os
You're right bubbly d. There is a weird vibe and it's making me feel uncomfortable. Despite my personal views I'm very much here for honest debate and reasoned argument but some of the stuff seems, I dunno, quite relentless but mainly unnecessary? There was always a respectful line that wasn't crossed but it now seems to be gone.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
You're right bubbly d. There is a weird vibe and it's making me feel uncomfortable. Despite my personal views I'm very much here for honest debate and reasoned argument but some of the stuff seems, I dunno, quite relentless but mainly unnecessary? There was always a respectful line that wasn't crossed but it now seems to be gone.
There was something a few weeks ago where someone pushed some really unnecessary strong opinions about who people can and cannot sleep with based on their binary views of (mostly female) sexual orientation. I haven’t seen that rear it’s ugly head again. That was rotten.

I think sometimes new people come in with this misguided view that that’s what these threads are about, making judgey low blows and anonymous right wing hate comments. I think it helps if they lurk for a bit first and get the lay of the land before posting.

The Jack threads are such a nice place though, I think they ruined me for the rest of tattle 😅. Everyone’s so lovely and respectful, and Jack constantly says and does crappy things. I’ve been slightly ostracised on some other groups for questioning why we are taking offence at someone decorating their rented house nicely and calling it “home” (“they’re trying to make us think they own it!”), or being the ‘mum police’ re: every little parenting thing someone does. I was on the Lauren Goodger threads for a while and even though she’s pretty deplorable, the tone of the threads wasn’t my cup of tea. It’s a different world on the Jack threads ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 31
There was something a few weeks ago where someone pushed some really unnecessary strong opinions about who people can and cannot sleep with based on their binary views of (mostly female) sexual orientation. I haven’t seen that rear it’s ugly head again. That was rotten.

I think sometimes new people come in with this misguided view that that’s what these threads are about, making judgey low blows and anonymous right wing hate comments. I think it helps if they lurk for a bit first and get the lay of the land before posting.

The Jack threads are such a nice place though, I think they ruined me for the rest of tattle 😅. Everyone’s so lovely and respectful, and Jack constantly says and does crappy things. I’ve been slightly ostracised on some other groups for questioning why we are taking offence at someone decorating their rented house nicely and calling it “home” (“they’re trying to make us think they own it!”), or being the ‘mum police’ re: every little parenting thing someone does. I was on the Lauren Goodger threads for a while and even though she’s pretty deplorable, the tone of the threads wasn’t my cup of tea. It’s a different world on the Jack threads.
That's what I love about being part of the cabal. If a poster goes too far or is inappropriate someone will respectfully point out that we don't do that on that thread. Yes, we take the piss out of her but we have boundaries. It's easy to get caught up in a mob mentality especially with someone as outrageous and provocative as Jack is.

• Heart
So sorry Kach- pet losses are 💔.

Funnily enough we were drinking pink lemonade last night (still 50p on a 4 for £2 offer) on our holiday. It is short (home on wed) and v local so still v much in the NE, but it is lovely and a change of scenery with the princess. Crap signal so no MT for a while.
A7DCFE11-BBB7-4AD1-A93E-83DF2B7D58A5.jpeg

ETA- this American life- totally. It was the first podcast I really got into along with Serial and none have ever topped them. Recommend 100%.

ETA- I haven’t been on the MT for a day or so now so who knows what has happened, in terms of the vibe, I have noticed it changing for a while. In terms of people holding fort over class, what lesbians should be doing and other such rubbish. Everyone has a right to have a view regardless. Sorry.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I've caught Susan at an odd angle, she looks like a pillow pet with a tiny head and extra fur. She has her winter coat atm so is about 89% fluff.
View attachment 1496741
Morning! I would love to squish that floof 😍.

One of my elderly dogs was very off colour yesterday, bless her. She's a wonky old Romanian rescue and we aren't sure of her age, could be anywhere between 10 and 14 years old. I think the heat got to her. She perked up late last night as it cooled down slightly and then really felt in fine fettle at 4.45am this morning. I've never been so pleased to be whacked over the head with The Paw!

An early start meant I could enjoy watching a mass hot air balloon ascent 🔺with a cup of tea 🙂. They've not been able to go up in the evenings as it's too hot so it was lovely to see it this morning 🙂.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The vibe on the MT always changes when we get an influx of new posters, and we've had a lot recently. I guess where lines are starting to be crossed, respectfully directing them to places on Tattle for that discussion might be an answer? There are certain subjects that people do have very strong views about, which is fine but as kach said, we don't really want to give any JM supporters or the like an easy out by them being able to denounce us all as XYZ. Our criticism of JM is very valid and it would be a shame for people to to not take it seriously, because they can write us off that way.

Anyway, good morning my lovelies (good evening upside down peeps) ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Not up to date, but I had to be up early this morning after a tit night and this song cheered me up a lot! It’s so pretty and soothing if anyone needs it.
Then it reminded me of our seagull (spawn of Satan) chat! Happy Sunday frau 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The Jack threads do usually have a much nicer tone to them than a lot of the others on Tattle. I used to follow the Katie Price ones and do still dip in occasionally, but - and no disrespect if there's anyone here still posting on them, I am almost certainly not referring to you - there were a few posters on there who were just so childish that it stopped making it fun to read.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The Jack threads do usually have a much nicer tone to them than a lot of the others on Tattle. I used to follow the Katie Price ones and do still dip in occasionally, but - and no disrespect if there's anyone here still posting on them, I am almost certainly not referring to you - there were a few posters on there who were just so childish that it stopped making it fun to read.
I lurk on the KP threads sometimes. Very different vibe. It seems better over there than it was, there was a lot of upsetting Gypsy hatred and racism at one point. 😑

I lurk on a few different threads and they all have their own atmosphere, all different. Funny how they evolve that way.

• Heart
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.