Food and Drink #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a little spare time so I thought I’d share kitten Cece!
1660465689406.jpeg

this is the day I got her!
I know that the MT is stressful right now, but everyone deserves to have a peaceful Sunday 🤍

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
I think a lot of it has to do with the type of celebrity. I think they sometimes attract haters that are very similar to them. I hate to say it, but although I’m nothing like Jack I probably followed her in the first place because I felt she aligned with my views and ideals at the time.

Also, I’m on the pregnancy thread on tattle after trying a few different similar ones on places like MN and WTE and it is the most lovely, supportive and informative thread I’ve found. The other sites can be so toxic and full of misinformation. The one here is full of lovely people supporting each other through what can be a crazy and emotionally charged time. ❤ There’s a lot of good ones. I like this one too.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I occasionally look at other threads but it's really just Jack for me. Even the Alice Evans threads, which I know a lot of Frauen like, weren't for me - too much Twitter crossover and too much #TeamIoan stuff.

I'm up to the start of #358 now, but I've been glancing at Jack's Twitter to see what she's doing. Looking forward to her innovative no-cook gazpacho, which will almost certainly be based on a tin of (cooked) tomatoes, and therefore NOT gazpacho, which is raw. Gazpacho takes minutes to make anyway (I make it, or another cold soup, pretty much every day in summer).

It's a bit sad to see how the mood of the threads is shifting. TBH in a way I feel kind of happy that this coincided with me being away; I don't know what I'd think if I were following this all in real time.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
The vibe on the MT always changes when we get an influx of new posters, and we've had a lot recently. I guess where lines are starting to be crossed, respectfully directing them to places on Tattle for that discussion might be an answer? There are certain subjects that people do have very strong views about, which is fine but as kach said, we don't really want to give any JM supporters or the like an easy out by them being able to denounce us all as XYZ. Our criticism of JM is very valid and it would be a shame for people to to not take it seriously, because they can write us off that way.

Anyway, good morning my lovelies (good evening upside down peeps) ❤
Bit in bold, this is what I was trying to articulate last night, but just couldn’t explain it clearly, and gave up! 100% agree with you.

At the same time though, I agree with @Into_the_tunnel that everyone has a right to an opinion (I don’t think anyone here is denying that). We can always report things that really cross a line, our mods are good at dealing with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I don't mind people having differing opinions, it's when they won't drop a subject, like the deadnaming. It's feels bait-y. There also feels like less discussion, if that makes sense? It use to feel like we were all sat around a table having a chat and laugh, we listened to each other and the conversation flowed nicely. Some posters don't seem to be reading other's posts, so we're getting the same thing posted over and over again. I find it really annoying! Posting for the sake of posting in some cases it seems.

I wasn't here for OG chaos, but I know the gist of it, I'm sure the mods are on it if said user is back. (I think they might be.)

Anyway, my head is all suspicious and angry in general today, the heat isn't helping. Just want to apologise if I've been overly annoying this past week, got a lot of stress in my irl world. Ergh.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Amos is sweetness and light to my husband. Likes to be carried around like a baby by him, and will sit on the edge of the bathtub when Mr Owl is having a bath. Loves my daughter a lot too and tolerates the boys for the most part.

I am the lowest of the low in his scraggy little eyes. He has been known to turn his nose up at a bowl of food that I've put down, only to gobble it up when someone else presents it to him. Very motivated by spite and pettiness where I'm concerned - also loves to sit on my husband's lap and then hiss at me if I sit next to them on the sofa, so I have to move to the armchair.

Fairly certain he was born in a bin tho so I can understand his lack of manners.
One of mine used to love to sit the bath whilst I was bathing and dunk his paws in. This became a problem when we put a roll top bath whoops soggy moggy

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Thank you for the tip , I’ve just bought Store cupboard one pound meals. I also got the Savvy shoppers cookbook by Amy Sheppard which on a quick flick through , seems quite like the book JM should have written , had they been able to cook . they are all quite simple recipes - it’s very much aimed at simple family meals , so probably not one for foodies, but all the recipes seem well written and easy to follow . Even if there is one for tinned tuna meatballs 😂
Grunkaing, because trying to juggle 2 threads and a child who is being particularly werewolf like this full moon, is just not happening! Amy Shepherd wrote that with Aldi specifically in mind - something Jack could never do. Her IG is nice too.

I saw a seagull snatch a four pack of greggs sausage rolls from a tourist today and I am saddened that I wasn’t quick enough to get a photo.
I once saw a woman try to fight one after it nicked one out her baby's hands. They're proper cheeky. Daughter lost a cheese straw (god I miss them) to one before too.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I don't mind people having differing opinions, it's when they won't drop a subject, like the deadnaming. It's feels bait-y. There also feels like less discussion, if that makes sense? It use to feel like we were all sat around a table having a chat and laugh, we listened to each other and the conversation flowed nicely. Some posters don't seem to be reading other's posts, so we're getting the same thing posted over and over again. I find it really annoying! Posting for the sake of posting in some cases it seems.

I wasn't here for OG chaos, but I know the gist of it, I'm sure the mods are on it if said user is back. (I think they might be.)

Anyway, my head is all suspicious and angry in general today, the heat isn't helping. Just want to apologise if I've been overly annoying this past week, got a lot of stress in my irl world. Ergh.
Omg yes, this too! Very bait-y. But on the other hand, it could just be someone’s genuine option. That totally makes sense about the discussion feel of the threads, I‘ve always really like that, all kinds of topics are discussed and I love hearing different viewpoints and perspectives.
I felt so bad for thinking the same about the repetition. Some people won’t have time to read everything, but it’s more like you said.

I don’t think you’ve been annoying at all Orphy B. I really hope irl things calm down for you soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I think I love aggressive seagull videos as much as Tunnel loves cute panda videos.

The sounds of seagulls at the beach is delightful, but the sound of seagulls in a city/suburban area is so annoying! There's a block of flats by me that has a whole flock of them gathering on the roof every morning. It would drive me bonkers. They're the yappy dogs of the bird world!

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Totally agree on everything, but the bit in bold I think is a forgiveable oversight. I think is just because it's impossible for most people to keep up with the pace of the thread at the minute.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Senior Pony would like to recommend a willow tree salad for lunch if anyone's thinking about what to have!

20220814_120034.jpg

It's taking their minds off getting wormed this morning, which they were deeply unimpressed about. Normally we don't need to do it, because horse worm eggs can't survive going through a sheep's digestive system and vice versa (late one for Facturday!) but because the ladies haven't been in the fields at home for over a year, as the fencing needed redoing and they were escaping into next door, the balance has got a bit out of whack and the boys' worm egg counts were up into the range where you need to treat it. Retest in 2 weeks, hopefully enough went in that it's done the job!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Totally agree on everything, but the bit in bold I think is a forgiveable oversight. I think is just because it's impossible for most people to keep up with the pace of the thread at the minute.
I haven't worded it right at all. I can't think how to say it without being offensive. It's like people are eager to be part of the conversation/share their expertise that they just don't bother catching up, they jump right in with their post, which is mostly a repeat of everything already being discussed.

Tommy Lee's wang is a good example of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I just want to say I love all the cat content here 😍 we desperately want to adopt a cat but we’re not allowed in our current flat. We are looking to move somewhere a bit bigger and hopefully adopt then but cost of living, rent prices blah blah blah. Feels like we’ll be stuck here forever at this rate. I started following a few local cat charities and seeing all the cats in need of a loving home breaks my heart 😭 I just want them all!

Hope everyone is okay. OH and I have been spending some quality time together this weekend which has been lovely (even if my meds make the heat even more unbearable than usual). I was going to go to the gym this morning but opted to stay in bed with a coffee instead. I’ve been to the gym 3 times this week anyway which is a big deal for me! Feels great to have some more energy. I’m hoping for a relatively peaceful Sunday but no doubt OH will want to go traipsing off somewhere…

• Heart
Reactions: 23
But its a bit fo a catch 22 isn't it? I have long since given up on the MT for this reason, they move inordinately fast but so much of what is on there is repeated, if people did read it would be easier for everyone to keep up

I just want to say I love all the cat content here 😍 we desperately want to adopt a cat but we’re not allowed in our current flat. We are looking to move somewhere a bit bigger and hopefully adopt then but cost of living, rent prices blah blah blah. Feels like we’ll be stuck here forever at this rate. I started following a few local cat charities and seeing all the cats in need of a loving home breaks my heart 😭 I just want them all!

Hope everyone is okay. OH and I have been spending some quality time together this weekend which has been lovely (even if my meds make the heat even more unbearable than usual). I was going to go to the gym this morning but opted to stay in bed with a coffee instead. I’ve been to the gym 3 times this week anyway which is a big deal for me! Feels great to have some more energy. I’m hoping for a relatively peaceful Sunday but no doubt OH will want to go traipsing off somewhere…
So annoying about flats like this isn't it? Have you thought of volunteering at a shelter or registering for cat in a flat? (If you have time of course) you basically get paid to go and feed/ generally look after someone's cats in their home while they are away for an hour or two a day

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.