Food and Drink #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm glad you were able to have those last good times with him 💗 all our feline friends will be waiting for him at the end of the rainbow bridge 🌈
That's such a nice thought, isn't it? When two of my previous cats died I felt better when I imagined the male waiting for his little sister to join him so they could eat cheese and yoghurt lids together.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
That's such a nice thought, isn't it? When two of my previous cats died I felt better when I imagined the male waiting for his little sister to join him so they could eat cheese and yoghurt lids together.
One of my friends who lost her kitty not too long ago said he would be waiting to help Marge settle in. Whilst it made me cry a lot (and still does), I found it very comforting.

• Heart
My cats are both still alive, but if i was imagining this it would be them eating spinach from a bag ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
greetings one and all! i am 28 hours into this 10 day holiday with the oh and the inlaws and they're all getting on my tits already! (yep, even the sainted mr kcc annoys me sometimes) they've all fucked off to the entertainment now tho (we're on a caravan park) so I'm just gonna drink as much as possible till they get back and all will be well 😏. i just can't be doing with any more people for a bit

anyway, look at the sea last night!

View attachment 1496114

some of you may recall the eldest of my dad and stepmum's cats from when we cat sat a few weeks ago. i remember saying how we were told he was really, really ill and, well you know... but, in true cat style, while we were there, he was the boi we knew and loved, sprightly, out all the time and eating loads. sadly, my dad texted this morning to say he passed away yesterday. he was a rescue and no one knew exactly how old he was, but he was at least 13 and had a really good life. we'll miss him, the old lummox

here he is, just 5 or so weeks ago, helping himself to my bacon

View attachment 1496110
So so sorry KCC. Of course we remember him. What a beautiful unique boy. Really hope you’re enjoying your peaceful evening. Sending hugs if you want them x

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Sorry I just need to get this off my chest here that while I’m really glad about AM and the outing of JM I’ve become really uncomfortable on the MT with lots of new people and the faint whiff of well you probably know what and just wanted to see if it is only me. Feel free to ignore me.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Sorry I just need to get this off my chest here that while I’m really glad about AM and the outing of JM I’ve become really uncomfortable on the MT with lots of new people and the faint whiff of well you probably know what and just wanted to see if it is only me. Feel free to ignore me.
Do you mean the deadnaming kind of stuff? I hate that. But I think it is mostly people that are new to the information that she had another name.

Not everyone has our forensic Jack knowledge 😅

But maybe I’ve missed something. I’ve been skimming to keep up

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Catching up now. I see what you mean.

ETA. I had typed more, but just deleted it, I didn’t explain it very well.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Back to the talk of beach chickens, this was in my local news today. We have three (now two, I think, one has flown the nest) seagull babies on our balcony outside the staff room at work. They were quite sweet to begin with. It’s been interesting to watch them hatch and grow. They look a bit more seagull now so aren’t really that sweet anymore.
Aww young seagulls look so timid and cute. Then they turn into those cocky, beady eyed birds that have you under constant surveillance.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
You will be interested to learn that it’s hotter with some of you than it is in Tbilisi today. Sending fan-os

77B7A852-850A-46EB-9281-9852D033E696.jpeg

91208809-B265-41D9-AF27-F38683ED33B3.gif

ETA Loved your cat pics from your dad’s place and am sad to hear your news, kach. What a long and happy life he lived, and I’m glad you got to see him a couple of weeks ago. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
thanks everyone. he really was very special. I've never had my own cat before, but he's been pretty much the only one I've known for his whole life

yes, @Fruitjack i know exactly what you're saying and it's really upsetting me tbh. we spend so long saying we're not transphobic, then other people turn up, deadname her and say stuff like "I'm glad dominique samuels is on the case" i can't bear it

just to make this an absolute clusterfuck of a treble post, has anyone else seen the moon looking really weird tonight? this is a terrible photo from west wales, but you get the gist. it's so low and orange

20220813_222708.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 28
some of you may recall the eldest of my dad and stepmum's cats from when we cat sat a few weeks ago. i remember saying how we were told he was really, really ill and, well you know... but, in true cat style, while we were there, he was the boi we knew and loved, sprightly, out all the time and eating loads. sadly, my dad texted this morning to say he passed away yesterday. he was a rescue and no one knew exactly how old he was, but he was at least 13 and had a really good life. we'll miss him, the old lummox

here he is, just 5 or so weeks ago, helping himself to my bacon

View attachment 1496110
If my last days involve tasty forbidden snacks ( possibly stolen from a loved ones plate ) , a visit from family , during which I get the energy to be my old self again, then crossing on surrounded by love, then I will count myself a lucky ducky ❤. Sending all the love possible to you and your family

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Hooting Bubbly D 😂 I probably don't want to know what else Sideboard Cat has to say about me. As a rescue herself, she would definitely be slagging off Jerk Meow.

I saved this important seagull news from my feed a couple of weeks ago and forgot about it. It must have been going out for nightsnacks.

View attachment 1495652
I think if Marge was discussing me on a forum she'd probably be bitching that I've changed her food subs, so she only has one tin a day now and more dry food. It's hot and she's been leaving the wet food to come back to later, but it can't sit out like the dry food can. She is not impressed. Come teatime there is much meowing and incredulous looks when I put biscuits down.

Photo of her enjoying one of her favourite things, an open drawer.

PXL_20201121_120516352.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
That clementine cake was pretty good! My mum loved it which is the most important thing 👍🏼

4F381259-DE62-4FC8-B99F-66F5CDE7F044.jpeg

Dipshit m’gee was completely wrong though (shocker), putting watered down marmalade in instead of all the stewed satsumas would definitely not work. It’d be like replacing the bananas in banana bread with Yazoo.
B81A54AE-92B1-43E5-8C59-515E6BABD4F3.jpeg

@kachoochoo I’m so sorry 🤍 I hope you enjoy your holiday though!

I lived by the sea in Devon for a few months and the seagulls there were savage and the size of geese. Love this though
7C27EC19-0B3E-4148-AA58-3512D1CF12A4.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
That clementine cake was pretty good! My mum loved it which is the most important thing 👍🏼

I lived by the sea in Devon for a few months and the seagulls there were savage and the size of geese. Love this though
View attachment 1496512
The seagulls don't work for us is exactly what someone would say if the seagulls did in fact work for them 🕵️‍♀️

• Haha
The first few seconds of this clip will give you all the seagull you'll ever need. It's hard to explain but trust me, it's a great few seconds.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

View attachment 1496502
Dipshit m’gee was completely wrong though (shocker), putting watered down marmalade in instead of all the stewed satsumas would definitely not work. It’d be like replacing the bananas in banana bread with Yazoo.
View attachment 1496507

@kachoochoo I’m so sorry 🤍 I hope you enjoy your holiday though!

View attachment 1496512
Once when I was walking away from a seafood stall, purchases in hands, a seagull dive bombed me and stole a load of my king prawns. I was not happy as they were ££ as well 😤

• Wow
  • Angry
I have no seagull stories, but a Canadian goose once stole my brother's chips, swiped the whole punnet right out of his hands and waddled off.

You don't duck with the business of a goose.

• Haha
  • Wow
It’d be like replacing the bananas in banana bread with Yazoo.
Have you been looking in my secret recipe notebook!?!

full disclosure- it wasn’t a banana bread recipe I subbed in yazoo for , it was banana pancakes. They tasted like a mildly chemical banana flavoured pancake. I ate them with foam bananas and marshmallow fluff because the recipe said to top with sliced bananas and a spoon of yogurt , and I didn’t have either of those . And yes, I still counted it as 1 of my 5 a day 😎

For my tea tonight I had cucumber ribbons, chunks of watermelon, sweetcorn , diced peppers and baby mozzerella balls with a pesto dressing. With an ice cold peach tea topped up with lemonade . It was delicious and nutritious. My body has reacted to the sudden influx of veg after several beige carb days with heartburn and bloating 😂🤦‍♀️

• Heart
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.