Food and Drink #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also not just you guys. Spent bloody ages running around the wrong courts on street view šŸ˜‘
Luckily Jack was on hand to help me out by whining at length about the giant eucalyptus tree at the end of the garden that evil landlady was about to destroy with fire ice and the wrath of 1,000 labourers tree surgeons

@Falkor you did nothing wrong in starting that thread!!! Also, thank space you because Iā€™ve just ordered 2 Jilly Cooper books from a used book website and am MOST EXCITED!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I agree. I LITERALLY softly gently painstakingly posted to say as much on the first page. It all feels like thereā€™s almost a collective ā€œdemob happyā€ kind of mob giddiness going on. I donā€™t like it.
You've hit the nail on the head, there.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Remember that poster who wanted to tell everyone about how they used to be a narc? They came back under a few different names, I think they were banned each time, but (maybe) came back again.

I wish I could explain to you all why I think that same person might be AM, but if Iā€™m wrong then it wouldnā€™t be fair to anyone.

TS, itā€™s why Iā€™m with you on feeling uncomfortable about how, as you said, weā€™re almost deifying her. That person always ended up offending someone one way or another.
I remember that poster, but not their name. I didn't think they stuck around for long, as noone was interested in their AMA offer? šŸ˜‚ I have no idea who AM is. I'm usually quite good at spotting similarities in writing styles, but nothing is jumping out at me here. I'm just pleased that something is happening with regards to JM. It was never going to be an ideal set of circumstances for this stuff to be put out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
In other news I went out last night for a post birthday meal and I had grilled goat's cheese salad with toasted walnuts which was yummy. I did get happy birthday sung (rather forcefully and overly loudly šŸ˜¬) at me by two waiters and a little tiramisu on a plate decorated with coulis, so that was something.

As I only pitched up in early July I'm not sure what I expected the JM thread to be like, and I am watching quietly as the hysteria mounts about AM. I realise a lot of you have been here for years and weathered a few chaoses! (For all I and a lot of new Tattlers know this might happen every other week).
I am wondering more and more about Molly's motivation for taking the time and effort to post the blog and risking a šŸ”ŗļø./SPOILER]

• Heart
I got a chicken parmigiana and garlic potatoes delivered earlier and it was amazing. Massive portion too as had 2 big chicken bits so have half for lunch tomorrow. Deciding whether to go to bed or watch house of the dragon at 2am. I think Iā€™ll listen to Matthew mcconaghy for a bit then set alarm for 2. If the show is crap I can always go back to sleep.

• Heart
I'm still waaaay behind on the MT, stuck in thread 364, but keeping an eye on Twitter to see what's what.

I honestly cannot stand all the yaaaas queening over Molly. And then people speculating that she's some top secret identity, that she's had media training, that she's this and that...lol no, she is 1000% a rogue Tattler. That's all. The fact that, in her very first thread, she uncritically repeated the false claim that Jack said she'd only been to a foodbank once made it instantly obvious. Then there's the way she responds to Tattle posters' "requests" for specific posts, the nonsense about the Emin...FFS.

It irks me to see a lot of posters I have liked and respected for two years getting so fangirly over her (and over the adjacent accounts like that ex-Tattler who signed up to Jack's Patreon to prove a point...and the point seems to be that she doesn't understand Patreon's T&Cs?). Just a huge mood shift. I've seen it happen on a couple of other threads I used to dip into, and it sucks.

I dunno who Molly is, but there are a lot of Twitter accounts involved in this shitshow that are recognisable as specific current/former Tattlers. There's one Scottish account that is now tweeting all Jack all the time and is very clearly an ex-Tattler who's been banned several times, and every time someone shares one of their tweets I feel a bit uneasy.

The gender stuff I don't even want to touch. I've always been proud to be part of a little community with people with very different views on gender issues, but where everyone treats each other with respect. I would really, really hate to lose that.

My ear is still kind of fucked, will go to the doctor in the morning unless things change. I'm going to an absolutely crazy town festival next weekend, and I need to be ready!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
The only thing I miss at the moment is the goats cheese with the rind. It wasnā€™t something Iā€™d ever considered Iā€™d be warned off during pregnancy yet it was on the list they gave me, I was so shocked!

Iā€™ve done a bit more šŸ”ŗsearching and Iā€™m not sure what I think. And realistically thereā€™s also a fair chance AMā€™s name isnā€™t what is in their bio. Itā€™s a distinctive name but that could work both ways - real and itā€™s almost a come šŸ”ŗ me challenge or fake so theyā€™ve picked something distinctive to look less obvious than using eg Anna or Helen.

Something about some of the writing style across the tweets/post makes me think itā€™s more than one person actually but itā€™s just a feeling nothing concrete I can point to.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
all the AM stuff was quite exciting but it's sad if it's just a rogue Tattler pretending to have discovered the grift organically. Now I don't know what to think! Can someone please just have opinions for me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
While I'm at it, is it ok to say that I am fully over wangs? Well, I'm doing it anyway. Do NOT @ me. I've never felt gayer in my life than I have over the past two weeks. The only wang I am prepared to accept now is any squig that Sweetie T cockifies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
think im too tired to put this coherently, but here goes. while i do appreciate molly's blog gaining traction (and i have no clue who she is whatsoever - send brainoes) and the sheer number of accounts reading it and accepting it is great, it does make me feel a bit uneasy that it's basically all lifted from here. and i know i got a bit over excited when i noticed someone tagging mic wright in, but tbh, that's cos someone like him looking at her in more depth really would be something

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Inspired by all the Matthew McConaughey chat, Iā€™ve given GWTW break for a day or two and am a re-reading Greenlights.

Itā€™s not Facturday but I thought you might enjoy some MattFacts. I actually remember the last one happening but didnā€™t know before reading it about the others.

0A682141-17F3-418E-AD5B-FA4E8DC0EEB0.jpeg

This is a very accurate (and pretty funny) review. Worth a read if you can get it from a library somewhere definitely.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
While I'm at it, is it ok to say that I am fully over wangs? Well, I'm doing it anyway. Do NOT @ me. I've never felt gayer in my life than I have over the past two weeks. The only wang I am prepared to accept now is any squig that Sweetie T cockifies.
I am a bit curious about giggsyā€™s totem pole, the big creep. Greville rhymes with Neville my bestie and breville my favourite toastie machine is laureate stuff.

• Haha
I am a bit curious about giggsyā€™s totem pole, the big creep. Greville rhymes with Neville my bestie and breville my favourite toastie machine is laureate stuff.
My work GC have been pondering if Breville would have asked him to do an ad for them had the circumstances of the poetry reveal been different.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Inspired by all the Matthew McConaughey chat, Iā€™ve given GWTW break for a day or two and am a re-reading Greenlights.

Itā€™s not Facturday but I thought you might enjoy some MattFacts. I actually remember the last one happening but didnā€™t know before reading it about the others.

View attachment 1517698

This is a very accurate (and pretty funny) review. Worth a read if you can get it from a library somewhere definitely.

I got the green lights audiobook. Iā€™ve no idea what happens but his voice is just dreamy.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Babe, same! It started with Russ In Cheshire, and then the wang talk was the final straw.

• Haha
Iā€™m a big fan of wang and I never thought Iā€™d find it boring, but in the JM thread, it is. See also all the other massive off topic digressions. Sorry I canā€™t remember which frau posted asking to keep the thread on topic because it was boring as hell grunking through but I salute you cos I was grunking along behind you!

I was dreading the 45 page catch up from the middle of the thread before that I had ahead of me this morning, but at least it went much faster than usual because before Molly dropped, the new thread was pretty much just people talking about the time they went to see Les Dawson and how good he was on the old Joanna.

Edit: šŸ„• I cannot type these days. Send spellcheckos

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I'm all for wangs, but only in specific contexts. And gosh, call me a feminist killjoy, but I have zero interest in wangs attached to men who've been to prison for spousal abuse.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Sorry for the me-rail but today would have been my lovely Marge's three year adoption anniversary, so here is a montage I made for her first anniversary because it came up on my Facebook memories and she looks so nice in it (had to squiggle myself soz šŸ˜‚). I couldn't bring myself to look at the rest of the pictures and videos that were there though.

I'm still feeling guilty that I didn't realise she was getting ill šŸ˜”

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.