Food and Drink #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even more off-topico: if you put yoghurt in the freezer for a bit, does it become fro yo or do you have to bugger about with it?
ime yog is fine if it's full fat (keeps it from turning into an ice block), I don't know about if you use the "creamy" ones that are skimmed+cornstarch or whatever

• Heart
Reactions: 12
ime yog is fine if it's full fat (keeps it from turning into an ice block), I don't know about if you use the "creamy" ones that are skimmed+cornstarch or whatever
I wonder if the thick greek style stuff works well? Shall have to experiment.

Reactions: 7
I’m also having conflicting feelings about the MT. It’s great to see the grift exposed to more people. But if AM is who I think they are (complete speculation on my part), then they are someone I kind of side-eye, so it’s hard for me to get really excited about it all.

As I’ve said before though, I don’t know for sure, and none of us know who AM is, and I do respect their right to be anonymous.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I hope Sunday has treated you all well. We've had a lazy one, just getting the last bits and bobs ready for my daughter to go back to school tomorrow. Always feel like a bit of a terrible person but I always take the last couple of weeks of August as research leave so I look forward to her going back, just because it means I actually get full days of work done.

We're having Mexican tonight, trying out a new spicy corn salad thing to go with it.

Yes, I feel like a party pooper in not thinking the AM thing is necessarily going to be quite the gift we think. @Sideboard Bob I think my suspicions about who it is may be the same as yours, if that helps. I'm also just an hole who can never get out of lecturer-reading-an-essay mode so I have to stop myself from thinking about the merits of it in that sense.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I'm actually a bit annoyed that the blog was posted whilst Jack was on holiday, yeah, ruin her day, but SB, his dad and siblings have probably had it ruined or even had to come home early.

Makes me feel bad.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm actually a bit annoyed that the blog was posted whilst Jack was on holiday, yeah, ruin her day, but SB, his dad and siblings have probably had it ruined or even had to come home early.

Makes me feel bad.
The suspicious part of me thinks that there would have been constant SB posts for the next few weeks until AM eventually posted to make out AM was disrupting something whenever she did it, but it does still make me feel so bad for SB and the others. I suppose the other side of the coin though is that at least Jack is hopefully with at least one adult and wasn’t alone or worse, alone with SB, when it was posted.

I have no idea who AM is but I’m surprised there isn’t really anything we didn’t already know in it. They sort of built it up (maybe part of this is the MT influencing my view!) as if it was going to be a gotcha moment and it’s just… not?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The suspicious part of me thinks that there would have been constant SB posts for the next few weeks until AM eventually posted to make out AM was disrupting something whenever she did it, but it does still make me feel so bad for SB and the others. I suppose the other side of the coin though is that at least Jack is hopefully with at least one adult and wasn’t alone when it was posted.

I have no idea who AM is but I’m surprised there isn’t really anything we didn’t already know in it. They sort of built it up (maybe part of this is the MT influencing my view!) as if it was going to be a gotcha moment and it’s just… not?
Yes, it feels very damp squib to me. And most of the chatter on Twitter are the Jack attacking accounts.

I googled AM's 'real' name she put in her bio and the words 'food blog', I dunno if other's have done the same?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I wasn’t surprised there wasn’t any new information. It backs up my theory that AM is a tattler (not anyone from here, F&D) who has had multiple accounts here over the last couple of years, and their most recent incarnation was very keen on gathering receipts.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Yes, it feels very damp squib to me. And most of the chatter on Twitter are the Jack attacking accounts.

I googled AM's 'real' name she put in her bio and the words 'food blog', I dunno if other's have done the same?
I also did something similar. She seems very easy to 🔺and I’m saying this as an older frau who isn’t super tech savvy.
I also totally get what some of you mean about the AM post. It definitely seems a bit of a damp squib to me and I’ve no doubt JM will probably do her usual ‘mental health issues, trolls, please leave me alone’ bullshit as a deflection. I don’t think the AM post is the gotcha that some on the MT think it is.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

Ah I’d missed that on my grunk! I have done that and I see who the candidate is now but I actually have never heard of her.

On a more lighthearted note, Mr B came home from MILs with these this afternoon

Attachments

• Heart
I wasn’t surprised there wasn’t any new information. It backs up my theory that AM is a tattler (not anyone from here, F&D) who has had multiple accounts here over the last couple of years, and their most recent incarnation was very keen on gathering receipts.
There's a couple of the 'new' accounts on the MT who have been here before I think, I'm sure Poca & the mods are on it though.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I also did something similar. She seems very easy to 🔺and I’m saying this as an older frau who isn’t super tech savvy.
I also totally get what some of you mean about the AM post. It definitely seems a bit of a damp squib to me and I’ve no doubt JM will probably do her usual ‘mental health issues, trolls, please leave me alone’ bullshit as a deflection. I don’t think the AM post is the gotcha that some on the MT think it is.
I think this too and I’m hoping that the fact she was so obviously on holiday with SB and Co (or claiming to be) will stop her going down the “I was all alone in the bungalow on the verge of relapse and this tipped me over.” path. Which, especially if AM is as easily 🔺 as it seems, would be really awful for all involved.

• Heart
A local church is having their annual fundraiser today where the church men cook and sell BBQ plates for $15 so I went to get one for me and Mr V to have for dinner this eve

I thought you might be interested to see
I thought the bag felt heavy on the way home! It’s a mountain of food. Lol I’ve also already eaten some beans and potato salad from both before taking the pic too so there was more in there than that- the lids won’t even close properly!
0085DCAE-B15F-499C-A6B3-8CB218F38B67.jpeg

Strictly speaking it’s not necessarily even a church ‘supper’ as they were selling them from 9am to 11am so it could have been someone’s breakfast if they were so inclined.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
View attachment 1515933
Haven't caught up here and not sure I can 🙈 hope everyone's well. Missy has been guarding the stairs for any rogue hairbands flying about.
Finally finished my master's thesis and I'm starting my first job that's actually to do with my degree next Monday, kinda shitting myself. Mostly in the "oh god this is the rest of my life" way, but also because the commute is going to be over an hour each way on public transport 😬 I don't mind the actual commute part too much, it's more the unreliability of the buses. Yesterday I was sitting around for an hour waiting for one. But I'm also looking forward to getting money and working in something that should hopefully benefit people (can't be too specific obviously) so I'm just trying to focus on that. I was a bit iffy about a lot of data science jobs that are just to sell things more efficiently so I'm really glad I got this one (it was my first proper interview and I was sweating in places I didn't even know could sweat). Bit worried about how my PMDD will effect me but will have to see how it goes. So yeah, I'll just be going through a big change and it's scary but also exciting (that sounds too similar to something JM would say but it's true lol)
Aah congratulations and good luck in your new job.

Makes me feel bad.
This is my exact thoughts. I feel she/they/ whoever could of waited.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
A local church is having their annual fundraiser today where the church men cook and sell BBQ plates for $15 so I went to get one for me and Mr V to have for dinner this eve

I thought you might be interested to see
I thought the bag felt heavy on the way home! It’s a mountain of food. Lol I’ve also already eaten some beans and potato salad from both before taking the pic too so there was more in there than that- the lids won’t even close properly!
View attachment 1517112

Strictly speaking it’s not necessarily even a church ‘supper’ as they were selling them from 9am to 11am so it could have been someone’s breakfast if they were so inclined.
Wow! Healthy portions on that chicken! Looks gorgeous - I spent a bit of time just outside Atlanta for work a few years ago and I loved the food. Haven't been anywhere else in the South though.

The corn salad thing ended up really tasty. Shallots, garlic and chilli flakes slowly softened while the corn was in the pot, then shaved the corn off the cob and added with red pepper, some fresh chilli, and spring onion, plus lemon juice. Probably would have been better with lime but I didn't have one.

ETA The photo has a weird aura and I don't know why but it was nicer than it looks.

Screenshot 2022-08-21 at 20.24.45.png

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Wow! Healthy portions on that chicken! Looks gorgeous - I spent a bit of time just outside Atlanta for work a few years ago and I loved the food. Haven't been anywhere else in the South though.

The corn salad thing ended up really tasty. Shallots, garlic and chilli flakes slowly softened while the corn was in the pot, then shaved the corn off the cob and added with red pepper, some fresh chilli, and spring onion, plus lemon juice. Probably would have been better with lime but I didn't have one.

ETA The photo has a weird aura and I don't know why but it was nicer than it looks.

View attachment 1517157
It looks delicious!

• Heart

View attachment 1517157
Oh wow that looks so tasty

• Heart
It really is delicious but I think we’re going to be eating that chicken for half the week! That corn salad looks FANTASTIC, Owly RR. I’m going to try to replicate that when the chicken’s all gone.

Here’s one of the Vali cats doing his impression of a duck sitting on a pond. He hasn’t moved off the bed since he had his breakfast today so in mid afternoon the bed’s still not made. (Nobody tell my mother, she’ll disown me- ditto that I don’t iron fitted sheets😂) He’s also refusing to move off my unplugged charger so I can’t move it into the other room. Cats are just the best. (So are Tunnel Dogs and other dogs- also, pandas)
8D6A7B72-42B0-4471-BD1E-4BDEAC9D63B7.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 27
So maybe I’m doing my triangle games all wrong but I did a name search with nationality and food and got nothing but stumbled upon celery town and am thinking it is a person who from what I can see is active and influential but doesn’t seem to have a twitter unless their twitter handle is nothing like their name. I assume I am thinking of someone completely different than you all?

I am rubbish at this sort of thing as I was looking at the wrong tennis courts on google earth for about a year!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
So maybe I’m doing my triangle games all wrong but I did a name search with nationality and food and got nothing but stumbled upon celery town and am thinking it is a person who from what I can see is active and influential but doesn’t seem to have a twitter unless their twitter handle is nothing like their name. I assume I am thinking of someone completely different than you all?

I am rubbish at this sort of thing as I was looking at the wrong tennis courts on google earth for about a year!
Re tennis courts. Not just you. (Babe, same. x)

🎾 😂 🎾

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.