Food and Drink #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe I’m picking a different person to everyone else as the “name” but one thing I have noticed (thanks insomnia) is that the person who has been hinted at in MT, 🇷🇴 and no Twitter, uses exclusively American English across everything I can find but AM in both Twitter and blog post uses British English. Why am I down this rabbit hole at midnight, who f-ing knows 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Just wanted to apologise about being one of giddy geese at the start of the thread last night ❤ Sorry for being annoying. x

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm all for wangs, but only in specific contexts. And gosh, call me a feminist killjoy, but I have zero interest in wangs attached to men who've been to prison for spousal abuse.
I hope this isn’t about Matthew mcconaghy as I don’t want to have to change my opinion of him

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just wanted to apologise about being one of giddy geese at the start of the thread last night ❤ Sorry for being annoying. x
You don’t have anything to apologize for and you weren’t! xxxx

Sending huggos to all in need of them! It’s been quite a day

60DD88FF-4319-48B3-9854-386DEF2485EF.gif

I hope this isn’t about Matthew mcconaghy as I don’t want to have to change my opinion of him
It’s about Tommy Lee (I’m assuming). MM has no history of that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
While I'm at it, is it ok to say that I am fully over wangs? Well, I'm doing it anyway. Do NOT @ me. I've never felt gayer in my life than I have over the past two weeks. The only wang I am prepared to accept now is any squig that Sweetie T cockifies.
Same. I am wang weary (wangery? Makes you think).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I haven't the foggiest who AM is, I don't really care because it will no doubt be someone I've never heard of.
I'm trying to get the energy to go to the shop but I've been sick the last few days and I'm exhausted. I've had Doctor Susan cuddling up and Nurse Pooh holding my arm like a nana with a handbag.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
So satisfying! I haven't had one in ages but they always seem to be in plastic now? Which seems insane given how damaging plastic is for the environment

I love meerkat, secondary to actual cats of course (and pandas) but cute and hilarious nonetheless. Unpopular opinion but I hate monkeys, I find them untrustworthy (unsure how much this dates back to seeing the film Monkey Trouble as a child 😄)
Monkeys are little fuckers. I saw one throwing coconuts at people from a tree in India.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Aww, I hope you feel better soon @MaineCoonMama ♥

I've stayed up because I finally had time to watch some of the Proms, and have just finished the concert by the Ukrainian Freedom Orchestra. Just such beautiful musicianship and their performance of their national anthem brought me to tears. I really recommend it.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Monkeys are little fuckers. I saw one throwing coconuts at people from a tree in India.
A gorilla threw a big lump of poo at me and my Dad in Twycross Zoo when I was a kid. 🔺(Still like gorillas though - and orangutans)

Monkeys have never done that or anything to me personally, but I’ve never trusted them since seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I like Karl Pilkington’s Monkey News though, especially the one with the magician where the monkey, well, I won’t spoil it- here you go it’s only about 2 1/2 mins long. For those fraus unfamiliar, there is a big part of Karl thst TRULY believes all these monkey stories he finds are true

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm with Hotes, monkeys are nasty. I wouldn't be mean to one but there's way better animals to hang out with.
There's a Zoo in Hall's Gap a few hours drive from my place. You can actually let the meerkats walk and jump on you! My friend and her wife did it and declared it the best day ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
They have a soft basket each in front of the window but Pooh needs a cuddle buddy when it's raining and windy and poor Thor is 'it' today.
EEEB9186-BF0D-489B-A46B-A51E97908023.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I did get happy birthday sung (rather forcefully and overly loudly 😬) at me by two waiters and a little tiramisu on a plate decorated with coulis, so that was something.
I misread this as two waiters decorated with coulis , which is a whole different vibe !!!

No no, Tommy Lee! I'm still way behind on the MT, just spent two or three days wading through the Tommy Lee wang era. 🤢
See this another advantage of skipping a full grunk in favour of a skin with a recap chaser . Managed a complete wang bypass 😎😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Sending Twinkle’s Nurse Nancy to you @MaineCoonMama @colouredlines and all the other poorly fraus. There’s a little empty bed at the end there that you can take turns to curl up in xxx
View attachment 1517810
My dearest older brother ( now sadly RIP) used to work on Twinkle when he first started working at D C Thomson in the early 70's when I was still a wee girl ....loved those cur out figures and their clothes! (Iykyk!)
However by the time I was 11 , he moved on to Jackie, which was much better and I used to get some great free stuff!( including some of the very first Body Shop perfume oils which were a special offer to mark the opening of this new shop!)
eta nostalgic memories

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I am sorry if this comes across as hypocritical or muddled but if you have left tattle then you have left tattle. You should therefore stop mithering on Twitter, leaving breadcrumbs and being rude about posters here. You should also collect your own evidence if you want to start a personal hate campaign because there are clear rules here about members not contacting individuals. I don’t want anyone cancelled. I don’t want anyone feeling traumatised. We have all felt that way about things she has done or written and this is not an “eye for an eye” situation. We have just asked for behaviours to stop, I want Jack to be honest but still to try to help people. The thought of her on holiday, feeling distraught surrounded by family is horrific. There should be no glee being expressed in that at all.

Macaques are nasty too. They scream and throw and run.

Can I just say how lovely it was to watch sport with solely women (no smuttiness here at all)? There was a sell-out crowd, the atmosphere was really positive and everyone was so happy. We go to rowing and athletics events but generally the emphasis is on the men’s events (4x100m, the 8 or coxless 4) and it was so so nice. We are going to women’s 100 in a few weeks too.

Pooh, Thor, Valicats and Sideboard cat are all doing their job at keeping this thread the best.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Can I just say how lovely it was to watch sport with solely women (no smuttiness here at all)? There was a sell-out crowd, the atmosphere was really positive and everyone was so happy. We go to rowing and athletics events but generally the emphasis is on the men’s events (4x100m, the 8 or coxless 4) and it was so so nice. We are going to women’s 100 in a few weeks too.

Pooh, Thor, Valicats and Sideboard cat are all doing their job at keeping this thread the best.
I'm definitely team ape if we're choosing a primate side.
I know I've posted this before but it deserves another airing...Susan and her twin the Emperor Tamarin.
070B1788-4EF2-43FA-9E47-5DFC4299EA34.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

I'm loving the big push in promoting women's sport that's happening. Mr F has been happily watching the WSL matches since Sky started showing them last year and has also been glued to the women's golf whenever it's on. The Hundred was the first time women have been allowed to train and play at the big cricket venues in the UK and swapping the match order each day between the men and women so they alternate in the prime time spot has really helped exposure there. Rugby league has started scheduling the women's matches to run before the men's match in the same venue as well. So many girls give up sport when they hit puberty, I really hope that the Lionnesses will inspire a few more to keep going and take it further.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm loving the big push in promoting women's sport that's happening. Mr F has been happily watching the WSL matches since Sky started showing them last year and has also been glued to the women's golf whenever it's on. The Hundred was the first time women have been allowed to train and play at the big cricket venues in the UK and swapping the match order each day between the men and women so they alternate in the prime time spot has really helped exposure there. Rugby league has started scheduling the women's matches to run before the men's match in the same venue as well. So many girls give up sport when they hit puberty, I really hope that the Lionnesses will inspire a few more to keep going and take it further.
I used to teach a golfer who went to the US on a prestigious scholarship. Since then I realised how big the women’s game was.

It really feels like there is a change which is so good.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.