Food and Drink #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I just say how lovely it was to watch sport with solely women (no smuttiness here at all)? There was a sell-out crowd, the atmosphere was really positive and everyone was so happy. We go to rowing and athletics events but generally the emphasis is on the men’s events (4x100m, the 8 or coxless 4) and it was so so nice. We are going to women’s 100 in a few weeks too.
When I was living in Barcelona I went to see Barça Femení a few times. Tickets were always very cheap (like, under 10€) so the matches were particularly popular with families - you basically have to be shitting gold to take a family of 4 to a men's match.

It was always really nice to see young girls there - as @Falkor says, so many girls give up sport. TBH though I also felt happy seeing families with boys. If they grow up recognising that women's sport should be respected, that's such a big deal!

Pre-pandemic, Barça started a huge campaign about women's football - the female players began appearing alongside the men in a lot of high profile adverts, which was great. At the time Real Madrid didn't have a women's team (they later bought one), so there was a big element of "duck you Madrid, we're more progressive." The only real issue is that Barça has invested so much in women's football that the league is ridiculously uncompetitive. No other team comes even remotely close, and that's just not fun!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
310E7FC0-1549-4C5F-BBD0-64944266CFBA.jpeg

Good morning and a happy Monday to all from Sunday School Cat. She’s being an absolute snuggle bug at the moment which is much needed. Hurrah for cattos in these trying times.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Sunday school cat is so beautiful!

While I’m not happy she’s distraught on holiday, I do think it’s better that it’s come while she’s with another adult and not alone with SB. There’s never a good time for something like this to drop I guess though.

Mostly I’m hoping this all serves as a bit of a wake up call for Jack. While the AM article must be horrid to have written about you, there’s nothing big there that’s not already been “known” and at least now it’s happened she knows that, I think for me the wait for Molly’s article would have been the worst bit not knowing if she had something else up her sleeve. I feel sorry for her on a human level but I also think she must have known when she released that blog post that she was opening herself up to something like this, she’s had so many near misses and it must have been obvious people were catching on especially with eg TD getting bolder. I wonder if on some level she wanted to be caught and not have it hanging over her head.

She’s got off relatively lightly in the grand scheme of things, she’s not waking up to tabloid headlines or the police knocking at her door and I’m just hoping this will be the sharp shock that stops her spiral and the endless flood of lies and grifting which will benefit her more than anyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Sitting here with my head tilted to one side to get my eardrops in. This seems to be taking longer than the 2 minutes the pharmacist claimed. I may be like this all day. It's making breakfast a bit awkward tbh.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
One of my girls making the most of the sun yesterday - very wisely, is grey Monday drizzle today.
IMG_20220822_095810.jpg

Sitting here with my head tilted to one side to get my eardrops in. This seems to be taking longer than the 2 minutes the pharmacist claimed. I may be like this all day. It's making breakfast a bit awkward tbh.
I hope you won't need this but just in case - I had a middle ear infection a few months back which ended up with vertigo and wished that I'd known this information before the severe
vomiting
started

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Happy Monday everyone. Lovely to catch up and see some cats this morning. Will try and catch mine later if she's looking cute.

I'm behind still as I was out yesterday. I am pleased the blog has been posted. It isn't the zinger I hoped for, but it is a concise set of tweets. Where it is all things that have been on Twitter that is damning.
I was getting uncomfortable with some of the tweets being posted as I think several are ex Tattle. I have no idea who Molly is, can't be bothered to look, but clearly there is a link back here. I don't know what to think. I do feel bad for Jack sporadically but it is all her own doing by putting so much on Twitter. I'm sure there are so many others like her, but have smaller reach, and are wiser about what they put in the public domain.

One thing. The problem I've seen repeatedly over the years on various boards is the status of members. I know why sites do it, but it also does prompt new people to post more than they might to get away from 'new' status. If someone announces their first post I do read, but often you see the same person jumping in on every little thing just to up their post count. That's what we saw on the wang situation. Incidentally, Wang were an IT firm and famously sponsored a then first division football team. And that's enough about that!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Tunnel dog is in one massive strop. Mrs T is doing more summer school and I am trying to clean before the shop. She is not amused.

Hopefully when I go out she can think about her life choices, have some time to reflect roll around on our bed and be in a better mood on my return.

Hopefully.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Tunnel dog is in one massive strop. Mrs T is doing more summer school and I am trying to clean before the shop. She is not amused.

Hopefully when I go out she can think about her life choices, have some time to reflect roll around on our bed and be in a better mood on my return.

Hopefully.
Send her here, she'll be kept on her toes by my three. Pooh would sit on her, Susan would freak her out with the screaming and sliding about. Thor would just stare at her. Tunnely Dog would be on the phone to her mums after half a day, apologising and promising to be a good girl.
(She's already the best girl)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I honestly cannot stand all the yaaaas queening over Molly. And then people speculating that she's some top secret identity, that she's had media training, that she's this and that...lol no, she is 1000% a rogue Tattler. That's all. The fact that, in her very first thread, she uncritically repeated the false claim that Jack said she'd only been to a foodbank once made it instantly obvious. Then there's the way she responds to Tattle posters' "requests" for specific posts, the nonsense about the Emin...FFS.
Thanks for saying this. I kinda knew it would end up like this as so often on tattle we've had call out accounts / clout chasers that pretty much just repeat what's posted here. People often love it but it almost always ends in a mess and encourages loads of nobody accounts all trying to get clout.

Puts mods in a really difficult position as the whole point is to talk about these people away from their feed. If we intervine before it becomes a right mess we get people complaining that mods are ruining the site, but the alternative is letting it go on until it becomes a mess. Hopefully it'll settle down and move on 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I misread this as two waiters decorated with coulis , which is a whole different vibe !!!

See this another advantage of skipping a full grunk in favour of a skin with a recap chaser . Managed a complete wang bypass 😎😂
Actually, reading it back it the way I wrote it sounds like the tiramisu was also serenading me which would have been delightful!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Inspired by all the Matthew McConaughey chat, I’ve given GWTW break for a day or two and am a re-reading Greenlights.

It’s not Facturday but I thought you might enjoy some MattFacts. I actually remember the last one happening but didn’t know before reading it about the others.

View attachment 1517698

This is a very accurate (and pretty funny) review. Worth a read if you can get it from a library somewhere definitely.

I just when I thought I couldn't love Matthew any more than I do.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

Hopefully.
Fred had a three day strop last week, after mum dared buy him a new bed (he was sick on his old cushions) It was too squishy, and he hated it, and spent the entire time acting like we beat him. Situation was only resolved by purchasing ones like his old ones. Drama King!

I dunno about the AM thing, I guess it's easy to get carried away etc. I think it's good the grift is being exposed to a wider audience though.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Does anyone else keep reading AM as Arctic Monkeys? Just me? 😂

It's very cold here today. Had my first porridge since February... Accidentally put too much honey in and basically made ReadyBrek! 😋

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Happy Monday from my idiot, who has spent the past fifteen minutes sitting on the windowsill outside my study and yelling at me. He wants to come in, but also won't move off the sill so I can actually open the window to let him in.

Screenshot 2022-08-22 at 12.28.09.png

• Haha
  • Heart

Hopefully.
My dogs NEVER think about their life choices 😂. The two little ones coordinated an epic chaos on Friday night that I'm still not over. They were all out out in the garden on Friday evening having a little play. Then they saw a dog outside that they took umbrage to. They managed to squeeze out through the railings in RAGE. I ran like the clappers to reach them and fell over 🙄. Fortunately one of our neighbours was outside too. He managed to corral them back in while I rolled around on the grass like a tortoise on it's back. Neighbour was a little 'refreshed' so was stood in the street bellowing at them both. I think they only came back to me through fear 😬. It was a right old scene.

THEN one of snapped off his dew claw while he was hanging out of the lounge window being nosey. Got it caught on the window seal 🙄. His sister snaffled the claw and ate it. I ache from head to toe after my tumble and they don't give a shiney shite 😂😂😂. It's a good job they are cute.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Sunday school cat is so beautiful!

While I’m not happy she’s distraught on holiday, I do think it’s better that it’s come while she’s with another adult and not alone with SB. There’s never a good time for something like this to drop I guess though.

Mostly I’m hoping this all serves as a bit of a wake up call for Jack. While the AM article must be horrid to have written about you, there’s nothing big there that’s not already been “known” and at least now it’s happened she knows that, I think for me the wait for Molly’s article would have been the worst bit not knowing if she had something else up her sleeve. I feel sorry for her on a human level but I also think she must have known when she released that blog post that she was opening herself up to something like this, she’s had so many near misses and it must have been obvious people were catching on especially with eg TD getting bolder. I wonder if on some level she wanted to be caught and not have it hanging over her head.

She’s got off relatively lightly in the grand scheme of things, she’s not waking up to tabloid headlines or the police knocking at her door and I’m just hoping this will be the sharp shock that stops her spiral and the endless flood of lies and grifting which will benefit her more than anyone else.
I am not following mt anymore but does anyone have a link to the article?

Reactions: 6
My dogs NEVER think about their life choices 😂. The two little ones coordinated an epic chaos on Friday night that I'm still not over. They were all out out in the garden on Friday evening having a little play. Then they saw a dog outside that they took umbrage to. They managed to squeeze out through the railings in RAGE. I ran like the clappers to reach them and fell over 🙄. Fortunately one of our neighbours was outside too. He managed to corral them back in while I rolled around on the grass like a tortoise on it's back. Neighbour was a little 'refreshed' so was stood in the street bellowing at them both. I think they only came back to me through fear 😬. It was a right old scene.

THEN one of snapped off his dew claw while he was hanging out of the lounge window being nosey. Got it caught on the window seal 🙄. His sister snaffled the claw and ate it. I ache from head to toe after my tumble and they don't give a shiney shite 😂😂😂. It's a good job they are cute.
Screenshot 2022-08-22 at 12.40.35.png

The face of a dog who does not give a tit.

Hope you're on the mend from your fall soon though Nellie!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.