Food and Drink #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope everyone's had a lovely Sunday ♥ the slopgibbon annoyed me so much on the MT that I spite cleaned my kitchen cupboards out, which at least means a job done eh 😂

It's setting to thunder here - really close and humid. Can't wait for some rain🤞
Hell's teeth. Is it EVER GOING TO RAIN? I'm obsessively checking the local weather forecast for signs of it cooling down. It looks like we're not getting any substantial rainfall until Weds. But that keeps changing 😭. I don't know what to do with myself, it's so hot 🥵. Not sure I can face another day working in the heat tomorrow either. I'm such a whinge bag, sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Oh god. I can’t handle the MT. What the actual heck. I hadn’t seen/experienced much first hand previously. It’s so… ugh

Trying to not get fighty. They’ve had a load of new people like their comments. Are they lost on their way to the DM comments section?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Oh god. I can’t handle the MT. What the actual heck. I hadn’t seen/experienced much first hand previously. It’s so… ugh
Listening to cows and just saw your post as the recent comment so hit 👍.

I was going to rant off at the reply but decided against it. Sending hugs.

Panda videos generally help.

Or Cadbury’s mega buttons. Unfortunately I cannot access either here.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
FFS what’s happened now? I’ve been watching Narcos and drinking coors light with my friend whilst a swamp cooler is pointed at us all evening (not a bad day all in all and Jack free)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Listening to cows and just saw your post as the recent comment so hit 👍.

I was going to rant off at the reply but decided against it. Sending hugs.

Panda videos generally help.

Or Cadbury’s mega buttons. Unfortunately I cannot access either here.
Panda videos is a great suggestion! I very much admire zen fraus who can peacefully walk away from such things. I always end up getting too upset.

Also annoyed that my comment about JM co-opting identities in a crappy fashion was turned into something it wasn’t by someone like that.

• Sad
  • Heart
Thunderstorms here this afternoon, utter bliss. Hoping they head south to the rest of you soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
FFS what’s happened now? I’ve been watching Narcos and drinking coors light with my friend whilst a swamp cooler is pointed at us all evening (not a bad day all in all and Jack free)
I love Narcos! There just seems to be a bit of an odd vibe creeping in from a very strange newbie, or 2.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Panda videos is a great suggestion! I very much admire zen fraus who can peacefully walk away from such things. I always end up getting too upset.

Also annoyed that my comment about JM co-opting identities in a crappy fashion was turned into something it wasn’t by someone like that.
I got into a big row in a runners thread a month or so ago. It wasn’t nice. I said things I regretted (then deleted obviously 😔) and things were said to me that hurt.

Since then I know to step away. It is too easy to get too involved ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Monkey World was great. The chimps and the orangutans were wiped out with the heat. Lots of flopped out bodies, human and ape.
Despite lots of signs telling people not to hit the windows, people were still doing it. I told 2 men to stop doing it as I’d had enough of the animals being disturbed.

• Heart
  • Sad
I got into a big row in a runners thread a month or so ago. It wasn’t nice. I said things I regretted (then deleted obviously 😔) and things were said to me that hurt.

Since then I know to step away. It is too easy to get too involved ❤
It’s just such a shame though, it can be such a fun thread. Also it plays into that false JM narrative that we’re all like that

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Bravo @TreeTrunksApplePie for your comment. It's the one thing about JM I won't comment on - her sexual/gender identity. I'm a cisgender middle aged woman, and I'm married to a man; I don't know if I'm really completely heterosexual, which is a conversation for another day, but there's a lot of social protection in that and JM doesn't need my interpretation of her identity. And at the end of the day, it won't make a lick of difference to her, but it might make all the difference to our NB volk* to read offensive comments from within the canal itself.

*unsure if this is the correct German for folk. Please excuse if not.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I think I have just had a cow and country-induced chaos.

No one on there gets my humour anymore.

Hope everyone gets rain ❤.

• Heart
I like to imagine that in a parallel universe, there are a bunch of lovely HausKats taking refuge from their main thread about Jerk Meow , a middle class cat who likes to cosplay as being a rescue, while sharing dangerous advice and terrible frugal tips such as collecting cigarette butts to harvest the ash to make your own nightmare snacks

i think this heat may be getting to me 🤣
Please just do this all the time, do you have a patreon?

• Heart
  • Haha
I love Narcos! There just seems to be a bit of an odd vibe creeping in from a very strange newbie, or 2.
Yeah there’s a couple that come across as quite aggressive with really puerile sense of humour. I know I have a really daft sense of humour sometimes, and we all have some weird jokes, but it’s just.. something else.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I think I have just had a cow and country-induced chaos.

No one on there gets my humour anymore.

Hope everyone gets rain ❤.
Your mention of cows has reminded me of this poem that was on my Twitter feed today. I'd not read it before but I thought it was quite lovely.

1660509975095.png

• Heart
Yeah I get that. I love a bit of drama and because of all the shite Jack says there’s bound to be very sensitive topics come up, but the thread does seem to be unnecessarily confrontational at the moment.

Narcos is awesome! I didn’t know much about cartels until recently and it’s fascinating.
I also really want to watch Boardwalk Empire but I’m going to have to pay extra for it 😑 does anyone know if it’s worth it?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yeah I get that. I love a bit of drama and because of all the shite Jack says there’s bound to be very sensitive topics come up, but the thread does seem to be unnecessarily confrontational at the moment.

Narcos is awesome! I didn’t know much about cartels until recently and it’s fascinating.
I also really want to watch Boardwalk Empire but I’m going to have to pay extra for it 😑 does anyone know if it’s worth it?
I think it's fascinating, and I've learned a lot from watching it - there are lots of bits where you think 'they have to have made that up' and it turns out to be very accurate.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.