Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh red pandas are my favourite animalos, the Bronx Zoo used to have a pair called Lucy and Desi and they were super-cute. #facturday

I am watching Top Gun for the first ever time and have a Maverick Martini on the go.

Hugs and full mugs or glasses of whatever you fancy all round x

• Heart
Reactions: 21
LJC, Geetpup is too cute. The perfectly flopped over ears 😭 greyhounds and whippets are my favourite dogs, I love the long bois. There's a bloke who walks around the city centre here with two tiny Italian greyhound/whippet crosses and he gets stopped all the time because they're so smol and adorable, must take ages to actually walk them.

Thanks for the recommendations Tunnelly. Annoyingly I went to Sainsbury's this morning to get some snake toenail noodles, I will put them on my list for next time. I'm going to a shop every couple of days because I am incapable of thinking more than one day ahead and I keep forgetting I need to eat fruit and veg although scurvy would be the least of my problems right now. Pretty grateful for supermarkets jumping on the vegan bandwagon now tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Evening everyone :giggle: I'm so behind I'm gonna have to grunk this thread as well as the main one. Hope everyone's not doing too badly at the moment.

Geetboi is toooooo adorable ♥ He doesn't even look real, he looks like some kind of fuzzy dog ornament you'd find on a chest of drawers in the bedroom of a kitsch holiday cottage. Loving tunnel dog and the lambs too.

I haven't been walking this week as the weather isn't great here this weekend and I feel a bit weird now. I don't really like just being at home all day. It did mean I got some free time to learn Vietnamese - I'm trying to teach myself the basics as I'm going to Vietnam in July and don't want to be that person who goes to another country and demands everyone speak English all the time. I'm REALLY excited but also a bit terrified as I'll be on my own for a few weeks and I haven't been abroad much before, and when I have it's only been to western Europe (and Greece once). Just having to change aeroplanes halfway sounds quite stressful, never mind actually being 8000 miles away by myself 😂

Also I made laksa cos I've been living off chips, spaghetti and Haribo recently and don't think I've so much as seen a vegetable for about three days. There's loads so Traumy S you're invited round to share. I promise there is actually soup somewhere under the pak choi/noodle mountain.

20220521_223439.jpg

• Heart
Evening everyone :giggle: I'm so behind I'm gonna have to grunk this thread as well as the main one. Hope everyone's not doing too badly at the moment.

Geetboi is toooooo adorable ♥ He doesn't even look real, he looks like some kind of fuzzy dog ornament you'd find on a chest of drawers in the bedroom of a kitsch holiday cottage. Loving tunnel dog and the lambs too.

I haven't been walking this week as the weather isn't great here this weekend and I feel a bit weird now. I don't really like just being at home all day. It did mean I got some free time to learn Vietnamese - I'm trying to teach myself the basics as I'm going to Vietnam in July and don't want to be that person who goes to another country and demands everyone speak English all the time. I'm REALLY excited but also a bit terrified as I'll be on my own for a few weeks and I haven't been abroad much before, and when I have it's only been to western Europe (and Greece once). Just having to change aeroplanes halfway sounds quite stressful, never mind actually being 8000 miles away by myself 😂

Also I made laksa cos I've been living off chips, spaghetti and Haribo recently and don't think I've so much as seen a vegetable for about three days. There's loads so Traumy S you're invited round to share. I promise there is actually soup somewhere under the pak choi/noodle mountain.

Looks lovely

• Heart
Reactions: 22
@traumatised sideboard berroca or supermarkets own version might be a good bet at the minute. B vitamins get depleted quick when stress levels are elevated and it always makes me feel like I'm looking after myself a little bit plus you need to take water with it. When I don't fancy anything hot and sour hits the spot.
Very quiet here as son 1 is on his D of E practice. I resisted the urge to walk down to school playing fields where they are camping and then walking in 10 mile circles. One of the many advantages of Wharfedale is always being a twenty minute walk from woods or moor

• Heart
@traumatised sideboard berroca or supermarkets own version might be a good bet at the minute. B vitamins get depleted quick when stress levels are elevated and it always makes me feel like I'm looking after myself a little bit plus you need to take water with it. When I don't fancy anything hot and sour hits the spot.
Very quiet here as son 1 is on his D of E practice. I resisted the urge to walk down to school playing fields where they are camping and then walking in 10 mile circles. One of the many advantages of Wharfedale is always being a twenty minute walk from woods or moor
🔺. Took lots of school trips there, it is so pretty. Hope the D of E goes well.

MT is not a wild ride is it? Feeling bad for not liking anything. Slowly distancing myself because it really is too much.

Failed to take a schritcher into the shower so still have paint on legs. At least the yard area looks presentable for parental visit.

Happy Sunday peeps.

• Heart
into_the_tunnel am I remembering right that tunnel dog wasn't well recently? If so I hope she's doing better now. (Sorry if I've got that mixed up, it was around the time I first found these threads and hadn't got all the usernames straight yet!)

The MT is definitely feeling like a bit of a chore to grunk through atm. I'm permanently about half a thread behind but when I finally catch up it feels like not much has happened in all those pages. Not sure why as it seems to be mostly staying on topic now - maybe it's partly just the nature of Jack's unchanging grift that makes it seem like everything's going round in circles. Might take the opportunity to go back to the archives instead and catch up on all the stuff from the last two years.

Also, this just came up on my facebook and made me think of the canal with all the 'Jack = yappy chihuahua' comparisons :ROFLMAO:

283150753_5218507258212286_9008067246624645872_n.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
🔺. Took lots of school trips there, it is so pretty. Hope the D of E goes well.

MT is not a wild ride is it? Feeling bad for not liking anything. Slowly distancing myself because it really is too much.

Failed to take a schritcher into the shower so still have paint on legs. At least the yard area looks presentable for parental visit.

Happy Sunday peeps.
It is yes, I should have just taken a break from the MT, it was getting a bit much (that’s down to the subject of the thread, not the posters). I was so glad you said what you said this morning there ❤

And yes, Happy Sunday everyone!

• Heart
into_the_tunnel am I remembering right that tunnel dog wasn't well recently? If so I hope she's doing better now. (Sorry if I've got that mixed up, it was around the time I first found these threads and hadn't got all the usernames straight yet!)

The MT is definitely feeling like a bit of a chore to grunk through atm. I'm permanently about half a thread behind but when I finally catch up it feels like not much has happened in all those pages. Not sure why as it seems to be mostly staying on topic now - maybe it's partly just the nature of Jack's unchanging grift that makes it seem like everything's going round in circles. Might take the opportunity to go back to the archives instead and catch up on all the stuff from the last two years.

Also, this just came up on my facebook and made me think of the canal with all the 'Jack = yappy chihuahua' comparisons :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 1284951
I love that!

Tunnel dog was ill recently, really sweet of you to remember ❤. Nursing through the night, feeds with chicken, pumpkin, rice and sweet potato seemed to get her better though 🙄. We never knew whether it was due to a secret pavement lick, a bug, us having to get last minute food which upset her or just because she is a princess. Probably the latter.

If only we could all lick pavements without repercussion.

It is yes, I should have just taken a break from the MT, it was getting a bit much (that’s down to the subject of the thread, not the posters). I was so glad you said what you said this morning there ❤

And yes, Happy Sunday everyone!
Thank you 😊🤗. I felt so worried about being “that person”, but seeing that language is damaging on a multitude of levels I just needed to say it, regardless of what it looked like.

Not wanting to derail this thread so… in other news, any animalo facts?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Female kangaroos have two wombs and three vaginas. The outer two are for sperm to go up and the middle one is for the joey(s) to crawl out of into the pouch. There's a common myth that male kangaroos have two penises, or a forked one, but it's not true - the females only use one vagina at a time for sex. The reason they have two is so they can be pregnant with two babies at different stages of development, which lets them breed faster when the food supply is good.

It's fairly widely known that male ducks have corkscrew penises, but less so that the females have spiral vaginas that turn in the opposite direction, to make it easier to reject males they don't want to mate with. When they do want it they can relax their muscles to allow for easier penetration.

Some species of cricket-like insects don't have sex at all. The male produces a little sperm package and gives it to the female, who decides whether to use it to inseminate herself or eat it for nutrition.

When dragonflies mate the males use their penises to scoop out sperm from the female's previous partners or shove it aside, so their own has a better chance of fertilizing more eggs.

(At this point I should probably clarify that I have a degree in biology and that's why I know such an unreasonable amount of information about animal genitals...)

Non-sex fact: the Vietnamese word for kangaroo literally means 'bag mouse" and I think that's really cute.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Not a fact per se but I think octopuses (octopi?!) are one of the smartest animals out there. But I love how they've gone down a different evolutionary pathway to humans so have a different type of intelligence.

They don't have a shell of course, they're very squishy, so they have to use their smarts to survive. When in captivity, they often learn how to escape out of their tanks and go for "walks" in the middle of the night... going to nearby fishtanks and eating all the fish!

In terms of food and drink, I made an amazing bread and butter pudding using leftovers on Friday and it was very good if I do say so myself.

20220520_223051.jpg

Oh and MT - agree it just feels exhausting atm. I've used the ignore button pretty unforgivingly but I think I'm just going through a phase of Jack fatigue and frustration.

• Heart
I forgot my favourite random animal fact! Starfish can eject foreign matter that gets lodged in their bodies by 'spitting' it out of their arms. They're so good at it that when a group of researchers tried to study some a few years ago they ran into problems with using microchip tagging to tell them apart, because the starfish were like 'nah duck this' and kept yeeting the chips out. Eventually the scientists gave up and just dyed them different colours.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
The MT is a lot because JM just feels like such an extreme, turbocharged version of herself at the moment. I’m skipping big chunks of it if I have a mega grunk because it can be so impactful on my own mood to read her nastiness in such detail.

in animalo fact news, like other lizards, the little lizards (anoles) that are all around the outside of the house here are able to drop their tails to escape if they’re in danger/grabbed by something and it will grow back (actual pic of a little one who came to hang out with me on the porch last autumn)

The males also do a very fun territorial press up move and pump out the little “bags” under their chins to be sure to keep other males away/attract the females.

I couldn’t find vid of that even tho I know I have it so here’s one I borrowed off the internet

They’re such lovely little things and such fun to watch, plus they eat mosquitoes so we appreciate having them here even more!

EEA068C3-1DA6-43EA-9CB4-9A857DEAE913.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
100% this re: the way she can change my mood. She's a horrible person, making those of us keeping up with the grift feel horrible too.

Hope you've all managed enjoyable weekends offline. Mine has been really lovely. Nice food and sunshine and good company 💞

• Heart
Reactions: 25
@LavaFlake that bread and butter pudding looks delicious!

Regular MT breaks are essential IMO. Especially at times like this when she’s being an absolute arse. It’s much nicer here with animal photos and facts!

• Heart
@panda-eyes this is my finished result from the post the other day . It’s not the best pic because everyone started firing into it before I could get any decent ones taken! No cattos in the picture though because they were in a major huff as there were non family members in the house and my cats are very anti social. Anyway it was all good and we had a nice wee night View attachment 1282210
This looks delicious, well done, I bet it smelt a-may-ZING! :) I think I'd need to spend a month recovering from all that work (and washing up). ♥

Geetbo your little pup is adorable. Hope they settle in and make friends with all of you, they look so so sweet. More photos when you can please! ♥

Lavaflake your bread and butter pudding looks like an absolute belter. ♥

♥ to the rest of you for being so lovely and for anyone needing a little bit extra love right now ♥

I've been behind on the MT since last weekend and I'm just caught up now. What an unsatisfying grunk. Deployed the "ignore" button which made it better but still a hard read.

Today we made butter using double cream plus salt, and a food processor, it's come out luvverly. Looking at silicon chocolate molds to use to make little tiny fancy butter pats to then freeze them. A delightful way to spend a Sunday.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.