Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tunnel I’m clueless too and I went back 4 pages to try and detect it 🥲

Poss triangulating but idc there’s some sort of south/east London road chaos going on and we’d nipped out to go buy something IRL and duck me it was horrific. Rain so the visibility was atrocious and tons of huge juggernaughts (can’t spell soz) and my anxiety was mad so I cried twice and we came back home and I’ll just order online. Popped into M&S on the way back and did some breathing exercises whilst staring into the pizza fridge. We’re in a big car (HAROLD??) with safety features so I always think statistically we’ll be fine but it’s just those lorries scare me so much now I wish they got their own roads (know this is a ridiculous statement dw not thick lol x)

On topic: bought one of those pizzas for dinner lol.
I don't drive, and am basically a bad passenger but it feels like there is a lot of really bad driving about at the moment? Mr Shaw theorises that during lockdown people got used to being able to treat traffic lights as advisory, because there were so few cars on the road, and that this has now become the default, and a taxi driver told me last week that he now feels really anxious almost all the time when driving because other drivers can be so random and unpredictable. He said 'I used to know patterns of what to expect, and now there are none' which felt very applicable to basically everything. Long way from south/east London up here, and there's been disruption every day this week (lots of honking, nothing moving).

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Not ridiculous at all @heretoreaditall2019. Hope you’ve managed to have space to recalibrate so to speak - though I imagine it can leave you feeling exhausted afterwards? Also agree re: lorries. I hate over taking them and we have a lot near us that love to over take one another too 🙄.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Well lads I hope you’re prepared as there’s going to be puppy spam from me for the next two weeks. Me and the other Mr Geetbo went to look at a puppy this morning, and decided to do a chaos and add him to our menagerie. V excited.
Shame you're not getting a bird tbh, we could've called them Tweetbo 😄

Super excited to meet the newest furry member of the ninnies! 😍

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Ah @heretoreaditall2019 that sounds super stressful. Glad you're home and feeling better now. I had pizza from m&s last night. One of those thin individual ones. So good!

Thank the lord it is Friday. I have yelled in frustration numerous times and cried once. It has dawned slowly on me but there's a reason this job hasn't gone smoothly so far and its sadly down to my co-worker. He's a nice man but doesn't respond to emails, check his work or read things properly and I feel like I am constantly having to supervise him. Can't trust him as a colleague and as someone who thrives on collaboration and communication, it's driving me Coco loco. I've been working remotely for two years and this is the first time it's been a serious issue. Gaaaaaaaaah bring on the weekend

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
On topic animalo alert! Just seen this while doing my food shopping. Of course I had to buy it

ETA I may even put it on pizza 🍕

54E1141D-24FA-4EE4-8E8D-EF555FC940A5.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
On topic re: pizzas my dad was over for a couple of days to help out with some bits and he got some really yummy pizzas from Morrisons, a bbq chicken one and then a pepperoni and pepper one for our lunch. I asked which ones they were (so I can get them again) and his response ‘Morrisons own make, the ones that come in a box’ - thanks Dad 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Sorry for being cryptic. I just got frustrated that people were saying things hadn’t happened and they had so I posted a SS from 2016 to show it had.

I’ll shut up now.

Sorry Friday isn’t going well for some peeps.

All this chat about pizza is making me crave rhubarb pizza.

🫣

Or a nice sourdough one with lots of toppings.

❤

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Sorry, I will stop with the sheep spam shortly, but most of the ladies are now back out. They bounced, barged and span their way up the road - I don't know what Viv Squiggle and number 29 have fallen out about, but it's obviously serious because they kept headbutting each other. Back to the open hill and poorer grass, but you can see how broad in the beam they've got in just a few days. Youngsters had a half scoop of ewe rolls mixed in with their muesli this evening and after initially being a bit suspicious decided they were worth a go. I'd usually put them on ewe nuts first, which are the same feed as the rolls made in a smaller sized pellet, but I don't have any right now and if they'll go straight to these there's no point in bying 20kg of the nuts, which is the smallest available sized bag.

View attachment 1279549
Is that a salt lick bottom left of photo? Beautiful girls!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Happy Friday everyone! Love to everyone who’s had a hard day or a long week. I have no street party plans, it’s too overwhelming, so I’m up for a canal company if anyone else will be hiding from it all too!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
We have traffic issues here atm, we don't live far from a dual carriageway that's having major works done over the next few years. Because of this, people now try and use the small country lanes as a cut through to avoid rush hour queues. They drive way too fast for the roads, lots of blind bends and single file only, they get lost all the time and pissed off with one another as noone wants to reverse to allow another car past 😑 So what we end up with is a load of angry drivers hurtling around for a couple hours each day. Someone at some point is going to get hurt. In fact, earlier on the air ambulance landed in a field up the road because a woman flipped her car over. Don't know if she was one of the angry/lost brigade, but she can't have been driving at an appropriate speed for the type of roads these are to flip it.

Anyway, what pizza did you get @heretoreaditall2019?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
There is always room for sheep pics! And cats & dogs. As my cat isn't being cute today have some socks.

Screenshot_2022-05-20-17-05-25-11_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

The MT is a bit weird at the moment. Due to working 100 45 hours a week I'm behind. I'm sure it'll settle, it's a natural evolution of people. There is so much history now with 300+ threads newbies need to read the wiki!

I hope everyone has a lovely, pizza filled Friday evening. I intend to settle down with wine and put a film on - one one seen before so I don't have to concentrate.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Never stop sheep spam and if we don't get at least 5 pictures of Geetpup I will cant riot.

I've been getting enthusiastic with the ignore button on the MT and it's making for a much nicer experience. I've been reporting as well, soz mods for giving you more work. Tunnelly you're allowed to me-rail here ❤ If the MT me-railers had come to this thread first I'd be much more sympathetic. Just wanted to state that in case I looked like a knob who doesn't care about anyone struggling and it was putting people off who wanted to share here.

Speaking of me-railing:

I saw my GP yesterday as a follow-up from two months ago when I went about the migraines I'd been ignored and she did an urgent referral to the community mental health team. Tbh the mental health nurse should've done that when I saw her two weeks ago but I had left out a critical detail about why I'd stopped taking my antipsychotic properly because she didn't specifically ask about it. A nurse rang me today so I've got an appointment on Monday with her and one of the doctors. Now I feel like I'm being dramatic and wasting their time when it's not actually that bad but then they probably don't mark things as urgent for fun and japes. I'm also worried that Sideboard Cat is never going to forgive me for abandoning her or maybe has already forgotten entirely about my existence by this point.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Great to hear that you've got an appointment @traumatised sideboard. All things crossed that it goes well for you ♥

Some of our fennel from the garden is inexplicably ready over a month early (mild winter? witchcraft?), so we're having fennel of some variant for supper. Maybe risotto? I don't know. I am having a wine.

Sadly, I think Scraggy Cat is nearing the end of his life. He's not been himself for a while now, and trips to the vet don't produce any results other than "yeah, your cat's old". We've had him almost as long as we've been back in Scotland, and he's had an excellent life. Even though he's a complete hole and doesn't even like me, I'm more cut up than I thought I would be.

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
There is always room for sheep pics! And cats & dogs. As my cat isn't being cute today have some socks.

View attachment 1281098

The MT is a bit weird at the moment. Due to working 100 45 hours a week I'm behind. I'm sure it'll settle, it's a natural evolution of people. There is so much history now with 300+ threads newbies need to read the wiki!

I hope everyone has a lovely, pizza filled Friday evening. I intend to settle down with wine and put a film on - one one seen before so I don't have to concentrate.
Omfg where are they from!?

And I need to discuss rhubarb pizza also. As someone who detests pineapple on pizza I’m guessing it has a similar vibe?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Is that a salt lick bottom left of photo? Beautiful girls!
It's a rock :) We have a lot of white-ish rocks scattered around the place, which makes things really tricky when you're looking for missing sheep!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Omfg where are they from!?
These are Afrisocks! Made by the men who gave us the Ghanaian funeral dancers & associated memes. They started a socks and mask making business, so I got a set. In lockdown I always matched my socks to my mask.
Decent quality goods, not that cheap (5 pairs & 5 masks about £45) but last Feb we had nothing else to spend on.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Never stop sheep spam and if we don't get at least 5 pictures of Geetpup I will cant riot.

I've been getting enthusiastic with the ignore button on the MT and it's making for a much nicer experience. I've been reporting as well, soz mods for giving you more work. Tunnelly you're allowed to me-rail here ❤ If the MT me-railers had come to this thread first I'd be much more sympathetic. Just wanted to state that in case I looked like a knob who doesn't care about anyone struggling and it was putting people off who wanted to share here.

Speaking of me-railing:

I saw my GP yesterday as a follow-up from two months ago when I went about the migraines I'd been ignored and she did an urgent referral to the community mental health team. Tbh the mental health nurse should've done that when I saw her two weeks ago but I had left out a critical detail about why I'd stopped taking my antipsychotic properly because she didn't specifically ask about it. A nurse rang me today so I've got an appointment on Monday with her and one of the doctors. Now I feel like I'm being dramatic and wasting their time when it's not actually that bad but then they probably don't mark things as urgent for fun and japes. I'm also worried that Sideboard Cat is never going to forgive me for abandoning her or maybe has already forgotten entirely about my existence by this point.
Sideboard cat will be pleased to come back to you once you’re up to it, they don’t forget they just...snuggle up to whichever sucker is playing them full of dreamies.
Apologies if this is teaching you to suck inexplicable eggs, but I have a dr notebook. I know all NHS staff inwardly do an eye roll when I get it out, but I write down what I want to say, in advance (plus a list of my meds and diagnosis at the back) obviously it helps me because I usually can’t speak, but it’s a good discipline if you can get in the habit. I also make notes of the appointment, man things discussed. Writing the date on the page is also important btw. Sadly I did have to pull the “I told you .... and you said ...... when we spoke on 12tst Novembuary” once as well, it helped with that.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Sorry for offloading about the car journey from hell, it feels silly but I was honestly a husk when I got home! I used thread parlance and said I’m like a shaking chihuahua. Thank you all for being so lovely!

And YES 10000% agree post lockdown and people unpredictable pulling out in front of you, or even nearly into the side, it freaks me tf out. Idk the name of what this even is but my husband’s car can partially drive itself (this sounds like a Jackie lie but it’s real apparently) like you set the speed limit and it’ll accelerate or slow down depending on whatever is or isn’t in front so I don’t feel like he’s an active enough driver. And the slow down mode doesn’t slow down as far in advance as I’d personally do which doesn’t help cos it freaks me out about what it’d do if someone just pulls out in front would it just plow through them? On the bright side I think he’s taking my fear more seriously now cos he’s agreed to a few things he was really dismissive of before. It feels so stupid to be going through this as a problem but I honestly feel like a ghost after that!

It was their £10 for two deal with two pizzas and two sides, but the sides are really big so didn’t have it all. The only non meat option was a marg, it was okay! Baby had some of husband’s pepperoni pizza and loved it. I wonder if even those pizzas taste better in a pizza oven?!

TS massive 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 on your appointment!! Nothing is ever dramatic or a waste of time when it comes to your health my love, like you just need a professional to give you the answers - you’ve not got to look like a Tudor soldier reincarnate to be worth NHS time x

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Now I feel like I'm being dramatic and wasting their time when it's not actually that bad
You are not being dramatic and you are not wasting their time. ❤ Be proud that you've made sure Sideboard Cat is being looked after whilst you get back to your normal and be proud of yourself for looking after yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
❤❤❤ to everyone, especially everyone who's feeling crap. I can empathise

remember when I said I'd not had a period since January? well, it's here and it's the worst I've ever had. it's so heavy and painful and complete with spots, aches, tears, rage, the bleeping works. and I've still not been to the GP, even though I know I really need to. I'm just tit at looking after myself

thank duck it's the weekend and I've got plenty of snacks and nothing to do. gonna be spending it on the sofa feeling sorry for myself

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.