Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
❤❤❤ to everyone, especially everyone who's feeling crap. I can empathise

remember when I said I'd not had a period since January? well, it's here and it's the worst I've ever had. it's so heavy and painful and complete with spots, aches, tears, rage, the bleeping works. and I've still not been to the GP, even though I know I really need to. I'm just tit at looking after myself

thank duck it's the weekend and I've got plenty of snacks and nothing to do. gonna be spending it on the sofa feeling sorry for myself
1) Kach you do. Please go. Even if it is all fine. Just to put your mind at ease.

2) Traumy S- good news about the appointment- maybe things will be moving forward soon (🤞).

3) HTRIA - driving, totes, please don’t think you are moaning. They are doing some more A1 upgrade thing which apparently will be finished in 2025 (😩) and it makes driving to Newcastle horrid now. Costing millions for a 100m stretch no doubt. Still haven’t dualled the bit up to Edinburgh.

4) Trying to persuade Mrs T to see Grace Petrie next weekend. Huge deal. Fingers crossed we get to go.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Speaking of me-railing:

I saw my GP yesterday as a follow-up from two months ago when I went about the migraines I'd been ignored and she did an urgent referral to the community mental health team. Tbh the mental health nurse should've done that when I saw her two weeks ago but I had left out a critical detail about why I'd stopped taking my antipsychotic properly because she didn't specifically ask about it. A nurse rang me today so I've got an appointment on Monday with her and one of the doctors. Now I feel like I'm being dramatic and wasting their time when it's not actually that bad but then they probably don't mark things as urgent for fun and japes. I'm also worried that Sideboard Cat is never going to forgive me for abandoning her or maybe has already forgotten entirely about my existence by this point.
Never feel bad about this sort of thing!! And Sideboard Cat will definitely be happy to see you again, don't worry. My cat had to take an extended holiday at my parents' house when I was poorly, and she was back to her old self each time I was home :)

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm sending out virtual upside down hugs to anyone needing them. Hotesy, I do the same notebook thing with dates and times, especially if I'm having a bad pain day I like to record when the pains were and how far apart, etc. It really helps because I can be quite vague and scatterbrained due to my medication.

Sidey, your little girl will pick up where she left off when she comes home. You're her human and she loves you.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Sidey, your little girl will pick up where she left off when she comes home. You're her human and she loves you.
Tunnel dog loves students more than us. If she had the choice students would be her humans. They feed her forbidden food, they have lots of friends for unlimited cuddles, their houses are full of much better sniffs than tunnel house and they stay awake all night for TikTok egg games.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Tunnel dog loves students more than us. If she had the choice students would be her humans. They feed her forbidden food, they have lots of friends for unlimited cuddles, their houses are full of much better sniffs than tunnel house and they stay awake all night for TikTok egg games.
Much better sniffs is cracking me up! Dogs are so funny, my old bulldog was really wary of people he didn't know but once at the off leash park he ran off and jumped into a van that had three or four other dogs in it and just sat with them smiling and looking around like he was part of their gang.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
On topic / on brand for food horrors I suppose but @Universal an idea for your

Ps KCC ❤❤ Don’t beat yourself up about not going this weekend, you can’t change anything now but ride the wave of period pain. This too shall pass and you’ll be through it in a couple of days fingers crossed. Not sure if you know anyone with a tens machine but they are brilliant and can really help even tho the idea of electric pulses going through you is the last thing you want rn x

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
The Xmas chocolate log viennetta is superior to its ordinary counterpart. Not just because ‘twas 80p either.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
That sounds horrible KCC, please go and get yourself checked dear heart.

I haven't been cooking for the last fortnight and I'm starting to see why people own microwaves. I'm really struggling to find things I can even contemplate forcing myself to eat and I'm getting halfway through something then being completely repulsed by it. There's a smol Co-op on the way to where the mental health team is based so maybe I'll find something there on the way home as I've exhausted every other supermarket. Just fyi the Waitrose mushroom bourguignon is minging. Send edible mealos.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I saw something about a red panda cub being born and I think it was on tv rather than the internet 😕so I don’t have any red panda footage or facts, but they are cute.

Here’s a nice little red panda story I found on Newsround- the little face 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Well lads I hope you’re prepared as there’s going to be puppy spam from me for the next two weeks. Me and the other Mr Geetbo went to look at a puppy this morning, and decided to do a chaos and add him to our menagerie. V excited.
Omg I’m so excited for this also @Falkor we need more Sheep spam if anything.

Tunnel I’m clueless too and I went back 4 pages to try and detect it 🥲

Poss triangulating but idc there’s some sort of south/east London road chaos going on and we’d nipped out to go buy something IRL and duck me it was horrific. Rain so the visibility was atrocious and tons of huge juggernaughts (can’t spell soz) and my anxiety was mad so I cried twice and we came back home and I’ll just order online. Popped into M&S on the way back and did some breathing exercises whilst staring into the pizza fridge. We’re in a big car (HAROLD??) with safety features so I always think statistically we’ll be fine but it’s just those lorries scare me so much now I wish they got their own roads (know this is a ridiculous statement dw not thick lol x)

On topic: bought one of those pizzas for dinner lol.
Hope you’re ok @heretoreaditall2019 ❤

Never stop sheep spam and if we don't get at least 5 pictures of Geetpup I will cant riot.

I've been getting enthusiastic with the ignore button on the MT and it's making for a much nicer experience. I've been reporting as well, soz mods for giving you more work. Tunnelly you're allowed to me-rail here ❤ If the MT me-railers had come to this thread first I'd be much more sympathetic. Just wanted to state that in case I looked like a knob who doesn't care about anyone struggling and it was putting people off who wanted to share here.

Speaking of me-railing:

I saw my GP yesterday as a follow-up from two months ago when I went about the migraines I'd been ignored and she did an urgent referral to the community mental health team. Tbh the mental health nurse should've done that when I saw her two weeks ago but I had left out a critical detail about why I'd stopped taking my antipsychotic properly because she didn't specifically ask about it. A nurse rang me today so I've got an appointment on Monday with her and one of the doctors. Now I feel like I'm being dramatic and wasting their time when it's not actually that bad but then they probably don't mark things as urgent for fun and japes. I'm also worried that Sideboard Cat is never going to forgive me for abandoning her or maybe has already forgotten entirely about my existence by this point.
Traumy you’re not wasting anyones time at. Sideboard cat definitely won’t have forgotten about you in fact she’s probably judging people for not being up to your standards.

❤❤❤ to everyone, especially everyone who's feeling crap. I can empathise

remember when I said I'd not had a period since January? well, it's here and it's the worst I've ever had. it's so heavy and painful and complete with spots, aches, tears, rage, the bleeping works. and I've still not been to the GP, even though I know I really need to. I'm just tit at looking after myself

thank duck it's the weekend and I've got plenty of snacks and nothing to do. gonna be spending it on the sofa feeling sorry for myself
Elmo hugs to you ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Oh I do have an animalo fact for facturday. I thought a mouflon was a goat but it’s actually a type of sheep
I have never seen a real mouflon up in the mountains 😢

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Hotes I would have thought that was a goat too, it’s so cute looking!

Yay for Facturday! I keep forgetting about it, and this barely counts as a “fact” but they watched the new Downton Abbey film on the International Space Station!

8E972104-E6B9-4AA8-8453-D4CD473618F5.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
KCC, agree with the others, do get yourself checked over.

General rule of thumb for telling whether it's a sheep or a goat - look at the tail. If the tail hangs down it's a sheep, if the tail point up it's a goat. Not helpful if you only have a picture of its head, admittedly.

The ladies had marched themselves nearly a mile down to the road end overnight, they really don't want to be in their usual stomping ground, which adds more weight to our suspicions there was a large predator out there of some sort. I jumped out of the car to do a head count on my way back from work and immediately got mobbed, much to the amusement of several passing tourists (apparently the ladies thought I should have had a feed bucket in the car).

I have the dogs on the bed with me in the spare room tonight, as Senior Dog has had a reaction to her pain today, has been sick several times and refusing to eat, which for a spaniel means you know something's not right. She's been fine with loxicom before, but not this time, it seems. She's perked up a bit this evening now it's clearing out of her system, but they woke me up barking about an hour ago, I think they heard a crash on the main road because about 20 minutes later I could see blue lights up there. Looks like someone failed to negotiate the corner by the farm and went into the wall, which happens on a reasonably regular basis. Hope everyone's okay.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
If anyone is up and wants to watch a spacecraft dock with the ISS live it’s happening in a couple of minutes!

ETA. well the live feed turned out to be a space chaos, but the mission control people look happy so yay.

Last edited:
  • Heart
@panda-eyes this is my finished result from the post the other day . It’s not the best pic because everyone started firing into it before I could get any decent ones taken! No cattos in the picture though because they were in a major huff as there were non family members in the house and my cats are very anti social. Anyway it was all good and we had a nice wee night
BB175207-81CC-495D-B718-6E1F1BCBAD54.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
sorry if I just barked at you to go. That was insensitive and I apologise. Dr are a huge deal, period issues are a huge deal. Mixing them are a huge deal squared. Big maffs. However, if you go and look on the thread for this there are possible reasons for the changes and just to have the checks to rule out anything else will definitely put your mind at ease.

Edible mealos- have you tried the free and easy chilli? Good on toast or baked potato. There is also a vegan tortilla which would be good with beans- can get both from sainsbos if that helps (or Ocado 🫣).

Up early to paint back yard fence. Asking for a former mumsnetter, if I can see the posts on both sides, does that mean I own ALL of the fencing and don’t need to ask permission?

😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
@kachoochoo I feel you. I'm way overdue a smear and still haven't booked it. I really really should. Maybe we can egg each other on to do it?

Big love.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
For all the fraus procrastinating on the Drs/medical appts (myself very, very much included 😔)

We can DO this!

B1C5A0C3-E190-4299-A297-6F9B5AD64D15.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
sorry if I just barked at you to go. That was insensitive and I apologise. Dr are a huge deal, period issues are a huge deal. Mixing them are a huge deal squared. Big maffs. However, if you go and look on the thread for this there are possible reasons for the changes and just to have the checks to rule out anything else will definitely put your mind at ease.

Edible mealos- have you tried the free and easy chilli? Good on toast or baked potato. There is also a vegan tortilla which would be good with beans- can get both from sainsbos if that helps (or Ocado 🫣).

Up early to paint back yard fence. Asking for a former mumsnetter, if I can see the posts on both sides, does that mean I own ALL of the fencing and don’t need to ask permission?

😂
Not a former mumsnetter but I don’t think you need to ask for permission full stop? Although if you’re using one of those spray guns apparently it can go through to the other side so it’s best practice to keep the same colour and check they’ve not got washing out?

In the selling house documents the ownership stuff is really murky with who maintains the boundaries being what’s asked moreso than what’s on the deeds for some reason. So we actually own the pavement and road in front of our house but the council maintain it as it’s a normal road so that’s what we wrote down. We only own 2 of the 3 fences in the garden but we’ve maintained all 3 in our time here so what’s what we’ve put down 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don’t think it’s as straight forward or as scary as the boundary squabbles you see in the papers are where someone bankrupts themselves over an overhanging tree or a shed near a fence?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.