Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a lovely thread, honestly don't think I've ever seen such a supportive bunch of people . .
Happy new week everyone. .
Hope its good to you all 💞

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Good morning.

Well, I'm depressed. The capital D sort of an episode where having a shower is impossible due to the sheer weight of the water, and where sleeping 4pm to 1am seems totally normal.

I'm in anti-depressants, and will use my experience and resourcefulness to trudge it out.

I have to laugh, though. Depression is so stupid. I actually know I'm a smart, funny, amazing woman. Why on earth would I listen to my own brain telling me I'm so unworthy that washing some cutlery is not permissible?

As always, I am fine at work. My depression brain is extremely good at compartmentalising.

Anyway, it's good to normalise talking about depression and anxiety as if it's a bad cold. I've built somewhat of an immunity to it since 2018, so I may well do some housework on my day off tomorrow. And I'll spend time with the trio of ponies. Force myself. It's not climbing a mountain, but mountains are comfortingly always there to welcome me back. Thanks beautiful mountains.

!No responses needed! I hope you've all had cheery weekends
I believe the doctory term is functional depression, or as I like to refer to it the one were no fucker believes it is serious because you appear to be coping with life. Ponies sound very good

• Heart
Reactions: 32
This all sounds so lovely! (Apart from the panic obvs. But the sauna sounds good.) I really like cardamom ice cream and I don't think I've ever met anyone else who's tried it.
Waitrose (I promise I do shop at other places) do a coconut and cardamom ice cream and it's banging. I am the only person in the household who likes it, always a bonus.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Waitrose (I promise I do shop at other places) do a coconut and cardamom ice cream and it's banging. I am the only person in the household who likes it, always a bonus.
Sadly I don't think there's a Waitrose within 20 miles of me - I'll keep an eye out next time I'm in a place that does have one though. I have a recipe for a honey and cardamom one at home and it's just too good. I haven't made it for years because my ice cream machine broke and hand churning is effort, but maybe it can be a half term project

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Waitrose do some great ice cream dont they? Im a huge fan of a pistachio 1 they have 👌

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Sadly I don't think there's a Waitrose within 20 miles of me - I'll keep an eye out next time I'm in a place that does have one though. I have a recipe for a honey and cardamom one at home and it's just too good. I haven't made it for years because my ice cream machine broke and hand churning is effort, but maybe it can be a half term project
I used this Honey & Co recipe from the FT which is no-churn (condensed milk and flavoured cream, bish bash bosh) as I can't justify an ice cream machine for myself* but also have zero tolerance for hand churning ice creams. If it turns out well, I plan to try nutmeg and cinnamon variants (don't know if anyone else remembers Hill Station ice creams? I really miss them.)
(Also don't usually have space in my freezer for one, but I treated myself to a set of silicon ice lolly moulds and sticks in May 2020 and have definitely got my money's worth out of them, they are brilliant for playing freezer jenga with)
Our local Tesco used to do a really excellent kheer which delivered a powerful cardamom hit. I really love malabia/mulhallabi/mahalabia as well, too much standing for me at present, but great if you have 20 minutes to do something simple and meditative, and a legitimate use for cornflour!
Health in general - why is so hard to let go of the idea that recovery from anything will be a nice straight line on a graph when you've been around the block enough times to know that it really isn't?
1653298150644.png

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Waitrose do some great ice cream dont they? Im a huge fan of a pistachio 1 they have 👌
Unfortunately theres no Waitrose near me anymore. Theres used to be one but it changed into a Lidl a few years ago. The blue rinse brigade were not amused.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Unfortunately theres no Waitrose near me anymore. Theres used to be one but it changed into a Lidl a few years ago. The blue rinse brigade were not amused.
I once met a colleague in the Aldi near me, cheerily greeted them and was astonished to be blanked in return, then I noticed at the checkout that they were packing their shopping into Waitrose bags (Newcastle 🔺 - the Aldi may be on Ponteland Road, but the colleague was from actual Ponteland which is quite different)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I once met a colleague in the Aldi near me, cheerily greeted them and was astonished to be blanked in return, then I noticed at the checkout that they were packing their shopping into Waitrose bags (Newcastle 🔺 - the Aldi may be on Ponteland Road, but the colleague was from actual Ponteland which is quite different)
Getting cringe flashbacks to my teenage self having a mega tantrum when my PE bag broke and my mum tried to make me carry it in, shock horror, an Asda bag instead!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Does anyone else remember the things kids would sometimes sing in the playground? An old fave of mine was 'lets all go to Tescos, where your Mum buys her best clothes.....'

Like buying clothes from a supermarket was the worst thing ever and 'your Mum' was a pithy comeback 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Getting cringe flashbacks to my teenage self having a mega tantrum when my PE bag broke and my mum tried to make me carry it in, shock horror, an Asda bag instead!
All the girls used Jane Norman carrier bags in my day. You got extra cred if you had a metallic one :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Omg I think I’m in love what a gorgeous boy 😍😍

Is there a possibility if changes were made that a relationship could work or is it a complete no go?
It is the hardest thing in the world when your heart wants something that your head doesn’t.
Feelings ey who’d have em?
Its complicated in that he has a teenage child who has some issues (that he blames himself for as he works so hard he has been absent in their life) so he would never move away and my life is here. Also, because he has worked in an advisory role on some of the projects I am working on if we were properly dating I would have to declare a conflict of interest and I don't want to compromise my career. I had chat with my friend about it at the weekend and she said to carry on if he makes me happy but not let other opportunities slip by, but that is the issue; I am not looking for anyone else as I have feelings for him. Now I have stopped burying my head in the sand I need to make a decision. Its been all the harder this weekend as he has been so sweet, texting me to see if I am ok and sending silly photos to cheer me up as my children were at their dads and he knows that I still struggle without them.

Sorry I should have spoiled but I couldn't be arsed.

Geetbo's dog pics have cheered me up no end though and now I want a dog too.

How are you doing today @kachoochoo?

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I found you all again! Adding to watch list so I don’t get lost. Been trying to keep up with the Jack Chaos du jour but it’s moving far too quickly!

Been skimming threads and not contributing as much as I’d like - realising that I probably need help to work through what is most likely PTSD after a crash section and accompanying worry about baby ABD, who thankfully seems to be thriving for now. Have been referred for help so just waiting for the call 😊

Will aim to be a bit more present here if nowhere else, I’m currently on a restricted diet to check for baby allergies so look forward to seeing lots of tasty vegan recipes on here to try!

• Heart
My local Waitrose closed and was changed to a big Iceland and Home Bargains. Blue rinses and me (not a blue rinse) we’re not happy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I found you all again! Adding to watch list so I don’t get lost. Been trying to keep up with the Jack Chaos du jour but it’s moving far too quickly!

Been skimming threads and not contributing as much as I’d like - realising that I probably need help to work through what is most likely PTSD after a crash section and accompanying worry about baby ABD, who thankfully seems to be thriving for now. Have been referred for help so just waiting for the call 😊

Will aim to be a bit more present here if nowhere else, I’m currently on a restricted diet to check for baby allergies so look forward to seeing lots of tasty vegan recipes on here to try!
My friend went through the same with her son and has been diagnosed with PTSD, thankfully her employer has a counselling scheme and she is using them for counselling and is doing really well. I am so glad that you are getting help as we have seen on this thread the availability of services for such things is patchy.
You are in good company for vegan recipes on this thread. My guilty secret is looking on line at the menus for vegan restaurants that I'll never go to!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Good morning.

Well, I'm depressed. The capital D sort of an episode where having a shower is impossible due to the sheer weight of the water, and where sleeping 4pm to 1am seems totally normal.

I'm in anti-depressants, and will use my experience and resourcefulness to trudge it out.

I have to laugh, though. Depression is so stupid. I actually know I'm a smart, funny, amazing woman. Why on earth would I listen to my own brain telling me I'm so unworthy that washing some cutlery is not permissible?

As always, I am fine at work. My depression brain is extremely good at compartmentalising.

Anyway, it's good to normalise talking about depression and anxiety as if it's a bad cold. I've built somewhat of an immunity to it since 2018, so I may well do some housework on my day off tomorrow. And I'll spend time with the trio of ponies. Force myself. It's not climbing a mountain, but mountains are comfortingly always there to welcome me back. Thanks beautiful mountains.

!No responses needed! I hope you've all had cheery weekends
Sending you all the love in the world @Wooh ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m so glad my street isn’t doing anything for the jubilee, my mum & dad’s street are and my dad is going off in the family group chat because they’ve been told to leave their car on the drive as the road will be closed for the majority of the day. I think it’s the fact you’ve got to pay £7 to take part that has tipped him over the edge, especially since my mum has made him buy some Union Jack buntings to decorate the windows and front door.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.